Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

We will throw you a F3 and Cerra for your F1
You know what.

I reckon we could bite on that.

My club will throw stupid amounts of money on that free agent crop next year. The future first wouldn’t hold huge value for us (as long as expected we land p8 for Battle)

You know what.

I reckon we could bite on that.

My club will throw stupid amounts of money on that free agent crop next year. The future first wouldn’t hold huge value for us (as long as expected we land p8 for Battle)
I’d gladly do it. Not sure Carlton would though.

Come in peace fellas ✌️

I had heard during the week and posted on the saints board we had an interest in Cerra and would explore what that looked like.

(not saying anything was guaranteed to Happen just that there was interest.)

With us dropping out of the pursuit of Houston.

If it happened, it’s likely we could be the club who helps you facilitate a deal. Although I couldn’t imagine us parting with a top 10 pick directly for Cerra.
He’s had a shocking year with injury but he was just about our best midfielder in 2023.

He’s only 24, was a previous pick 5 and we ourselves paid pick 6 + a third rounder for him 3 years ago.

If he is genuinely on the market we are selling at a low but even considering this year - a first round pick would be the centrepiece of any deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We must have a very good midfielder lined-up if we willing to trade Cerra away.
Christian Petracca Dance GIF by Melbournefc

Not a fan of selling on Cerra at his absolute lowest value tbh.

Very hard to get over reoccurring soft tissue injuries... not saying it hasn't been done before, but if I'm Carlton, I wouldn't be keen to bank on his chances.

Saints or Melbourne however, might see it as a risk worth taking. His value right now might still get us a decent first rounder.

Another season where he hasn't overcome his injuries and his value plummets.

It’s sounding more and more like we will have to lose Cerra to accomodate Houston.
l don't believe that is the intention at all.
The club is committed to get Cerra back to full fitness & durability hence his upcoming trip overseas.
He is young & should be back to his best form next year.
lf Houston does eventuate more likely to be trading a F1st into this year with a club that has multiple 1st rounders & something else possibly with Carroll & Owies trades.

The Cerra talk is interesting because i remember i think was last week on the midweek tackle the journalist from the herald sun said someone high up told him that we could get the petracca deal done with Cerra …

So maybe it’s known that Cerra is available
I guess you must have missed the piece about Cerra going overseas to treat his hammy and how he’s looking for a contract extension. I think I saw it in the HS.

Lord coming thru is another aspect...

Lord is a different player to cerra of course but he does change the mid balance up a little and as a result it may lessen the need for cerra.
Yep whilst not an upgrade on individual talent he could be an upgrade on fit/balance for the role required, particularly if Houston comes in streaming off half back receiving the quick hands from the likes of Lord!

Come in peace fellas ✌️

I had heard during the week and posted on the saints board we had an interest in Cerra and would explore what that looked like.

(not saying anything was guaranteed to Happen just that there was interest.)

With us dropping out of the pursuit of Houston.

If it happened, it’s likely we could be the club who helps you facilitate a deal. Although I couldn’t imagine us parting with a top 10 pick directly for Cerra.
Seriously your team leads to lay off Carlton. Since the 80’s your club has been obsessed with us and our players. Over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back