Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve said this before, if I was Cerra’s manager I would be pushing the trade not Carlton.
He is, at best going to be third banana and in rotations he will share with George, Lij, Lord, Chugga and hopefully Saad and Boyd.
No 1 at Saints. Melbourne a chance if Trac leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’m probably adding two plus two and making five. But I have Cerra as the player Soapy is alluding two who was disappointed in the club’s injury management and being played out of position. If correct, that could well suggest his manager will push a trade.

Does anyone here have any intel on something deano35 posted on TC saying that Young, Cerra and Kennedy have been told that they can explore trades id they wish

This is now really concerning if true because it has the potential to destroy the most important part of a team, it's harmony

Young is fine
Cerra and Kennedy...WTF????????????????????

I’d move Kennedy on, I like him but we have to change the mix in the team and I doubt he would like playing 2’s footy.

I’d move Kennedy on, I like him but we have to change the mix in the team and I doubt he would like playing 2’s footy.

Our midfield mix needs to change its one paced and needs a different more dynamic mix a bit like what port did when they pushed out Boak/Wines.Speeeeeeed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its funny how things fall out of context...

I dont think anyone is saying Lord brings what Cerra brings to the mid mix...

They have different roles...

Cerra an outside player that runs/carries and passes into f50. Yes he is supposed to be a good kick and mostly he is.

Lord is an inside, ground ball extractor, tackler. The closest player he plays like in terms of roles is Libba.

He extracts and dishes the ball to the outside players...

This is what Cripps does as well but by Lord helping out it frees Cripps at times be available to receive run and carry away from stoppages.

There is a very important benefit to having Cripps run with the ball from congestion as he is strong/powerful...hard to tackle.

TDK is another that like Cripps (prolly slightly better imo) can run away for short bursts from heavy congestion because he is damn hard to tackle as well.

Having TDK, Cripps, Walsh and Lord is a better mix in mind than having..

TDK, Cripps, Walsh and Cerra.
No. No it isn't. You said it yourself. Dish it off to the outside guys. Being cerra.... And Walsh..... We also have Hewett. Lords spot is hewetts. Not cerra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield mix needs to change its one paced and needs a different more dynamic mix a bit like what port did when they pushed out Boak/Wines.Speeeeeeed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep and moving cerra on and promoting Lord will fix that......

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

(Not saying you suggested this just that it's being suggested)

Its funny how things fall out of context...

I dont think anyone is saying Lord brings what Cerra brings to the mid mix...

They have different roles...

Cerra an outside player that runs/carries and passes into f50. Yes he is supposed to be a good kick and mostly he is.

Lord is an inside, ground ball extractor, tackler. The closest player he plays like in terms of roles is Libba.

He extracts and dishes the ball to the outside players...

This is what Cripps does as well but by Lord helping out it frees Cripps at times be available to receive run and carry away from stoppages.

There is a very important benefit to having Cripps run with the ball from congestion as he is strong/powerful...hard to tackle.

TDK is another that like Cripps (prolly slightly better imo) can run away for short bursts from heavy congestion because he is damn hard to tackle as well.

Having TDK, Cripps, Walsh and Lord is a better mix in mind than having..

TDK, Cripps, Walsh and Cerra.

It's funny. The times I have been most impressed with Cerra is when he has been on the ground scrapping for the ball or killing the contest. See the Melbourne semi in 2022 for example. He was instrumental in closing the Dees down late.

He's not very quick for an outside player, but he does need space to use his foot skills. With our game plan, he has very little opportunity to find space. We are all about doing the hard work in traffic and contested ball.

Cerra would probably work well in a run and spread game plan like Hawthorn has.

Having just lauded his work at ground level, I think Lord is probably more fierce in this area.

I'd probably have Cripps and Lord as the bulls eyes of the pack, with Hewett and Kennedy one ring out, and Cerra and Walsh a further ring out. I just don't see Cerra having the time and space to be effective with the way we play.

Lord is hardly a proven operator.

He's great at flooding, and can part a pack.

A little inconsistent though. It's either famine or feast with him.

Time for sentiment is over, if we need to trade Kennedy, Cerra, whomever as long as it's done to balance our list so be it. Those players will get their opportunities elsewhere and getting out of our club may be the best thing for them as well if they're not fitting in with Voss' game plan or his layers or what he's aiming to achive.

It'll be sad losing a player such as Kennedy as he's tough, great character, honest and a footballers footballer, but I'll rejoice for him if he's happy where he lands up and finishes off his career with some success.

Time for sentiment is over, if we need to trade Kennedy, Cerra, whomever as long as it's done to balance our list so be it. Those players will get their opportunities elsewhere and getting out of our club may be the best thing for them as well if they're not fitting in with Voss' game plan or his layers or what he's aiming to achive.

It'll be sad losing a player such as Kennedy as he's tough, great character, honest and a footballers footballer, but I'll rejoice for him if he's happy where he lands up and finishes off his career with some success.
Crippa
Charlie
TDK
Walshy
Weiters
Harry

They are my untouchables, if we gotta trade someone to make us better do it! Be aggressive be creative!

No. No it isn't. You said it yourself. Dish it off to the outside guys. Being cerra.... And Walsh..... We also have Hewett. Lords spot is hewetts. Not cerra.
Im not sure where I’ve lost you…

I’m saying lord is inside player

Cerra is outside player

But when lord plays it helps shift Cripps role away from the inside work that he normally does to a little on the outside. I’m claiming this gives us more edge because Cripps runs out of congestion more effectively because he is hard to tackle. TDK is even more effective in this regard.

But if Cerra plays he is purely an outside player meaning Cripps has to do most of the grunt in and under work and we lose that bit of advantage with him breaking away from congestion.

Wait a minute… how about this guy for speed in our midfield?

Add him, Ben & #11 and our team will have a different dynamic very quickly :)

dies cast away GIF

Wait a minute… how about this guy for speed in our midfield?

Add him, Ben & #11 and our team will have a different dynamic very quickly

dies cast away GIF
Don’t suggest anyone else other that the usual team as they don’t have experience and aren’t proven.

Well that’s what a certain few will say 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back