Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't that the rumour? That Voss was flogging the players when Russell wanted to pull back a little?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought Russell was flogging them to the point they were breaking down and it's a good part of the reason he is leaving.

If then SDK rumor is true - we need to unretire Ed Curnow, aggressively pursue Ben McKay and Jeremy McGovern and lean into being a team of brotherly love.

A few very late picks was all they gave us, and I remember being real p***ed off because I loathe that mob and * the most because they have both been bash artist clubs, but especially on their way to premierships in the 80s!!! I never understood why SOS (I think it was him?!!) bothered to help them without something significant coming back our way!!!........there was even some talk back then about the Haws sending us a young player (for the pick...) who had hardly played at all, and his name was Sicily........ouch!!!:mad:
Hate to burst your bubble but there was never any talk that Sicily would be involved here. By the end of 2016 Sicily had already played 25 games and kicked 30 goals in 2016.

The trade (at the end of 2016) was that we gave the Hawks a future 2nd for pick 48 (Macreadie) 66 (Williamson) and 70 (Kerr) . It was all about SOS wanting to bring in young talent quickly. Sadly some of those started well but burned out quickly.

Ironically the future 2nd ended with stkilda who used it to select Oscar Claverino.

There is no way that Hawthorn were including a young KPD player who had just kicked 30 goals in his 2nd season as part of that deal.

If then SDK rumor is true - we need to unretire Ed Curnow, aggressively pursue Ben McKay and Jeremy McGovern and lean into being a team of brotherly love.
It would be a small gathering when they have the father's day training session. Might only have 6 or 7 dads come down.

After having Rabbit all but in Navy Blue until literally the very last minute years ago, I try not to get excited about anything during this period

Haven’t even seen this SDK rumour. Seems like a bit of a fallacy why would Geelong do that
Might be the player wanting out not the club wanting him out?

While De Koning does not need to recommit to the club for 2025, clubs have begun to re-sign their 'pre agents' before their contract year to give themselves further stability leading into another season.

That could be the case for Geelong and De Koning, but any agreement isn't expected to come during the season as the 23-year-old places contract talks "on the back burner".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t even seen this SDK rumour. Seems like a bit of a fallacy why would Geelong do that
I'd say there's a 0.00000000000000000001% chance of them making that trade. I think I saw Chris Scott say in an interview earlier this year that he thought SDK could become their best player. That's why they put him in the ruck, they wanted to give him a chance to develop and be more involved in the game.

We've seen this movie before.

Players want better contracts from their club, then whispers begin about Carlton....Every Carlton supporter feels optimistic, warm & fuzzy but in the end, the player secures a better deal at their current club and chooses to stay. Nuff said.

I think if SDK doesn’t get picked this week and if they make a granny he may just be in a negative state of mind and could be convinced.

Getting left out of the GF pushed Taylor Adams over the line...

On another note, I see Cats are interested in Jack Martin too. For a bloke who supposedly has zero value, there's a bit of interest around for him.

Or maybe there's a bit of interest around for him because his trade cost is zero...

Hate to burst your bubble but there was never any talk that Sicily would be involved here. By the end of 2016 Sicily had already played 25 games and kicked 30 goals in 2016.

The trade (at the end of 2016) was that we gave the Hawks a future 2nd for pick 48 (Macreadie) 66 (Williamson) and 70 (Kerr) . It was all about SOS wanting to bring in young talent quickly. Sadly some of those started well but burned out quickly.

Ironically the future 2nd ended with stkilda who used it to select Oscar Claverino.

There is no way that Hawthorn were including a young KPD player who had just kicked 30 goals in his 2nd season as part of that deal.
Perfectly put. The 'Hawthorn owe us' sentiment was completely fabricated.

Or maybe there's a bit of interest around for him because his trade cost is zero...
Has zero cost save a list spot and a roll of the dice. Can't see how he would work at Geelong, but based on his best last year he destabilised the opposition setups wherever he went on the ground. Can see that beeing appealing to Scott. They define roles and rotate their players so well there too, he might have half a chamce of staying together

You can disagree but no need for these comments. Just stops more people with info posting. Not needed

PS we are always into SDKs ear and would love to have him. Unlikely but not zero chance

Not too sure why people need to have a go at people just having a conversation on a rumour page on Bigfooty. Like chill and chat.

I'd say there's a 0.00000000000000000001% chance of them making that trade. I think I saw Chris Scott say in an interview earlier this year that he thought SDK could become their best player. That's why they put him in the ruck, they wanted to give him a chance to develop and be more involved in the game.
THats what he does when he wants to fatten a player up for trade. Did the same thing with talking up Ratagalia. They are very clever the cats.

Yep, when was the last time Geelong gave up a player that they saw as best 22 without being outrageously over compensated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back