Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I distinctly remember there being at least some talk of Sicily, (who was unproven and had some attitude issues) being discussed in that deal.
Why would the Hawk's give us 3 late picks and a young KPD who pretty much played every game that season, including a final and went at close to 1.5 goals a game for a future 2nd rounder?

Big brother vs twin brother dynamic there I think.
Potentially, but everything in the lead up from both of them and their parents was that they're liable to punch eachother in the head at some point.

Instead, they barely even put a hard contest on eachother.

Not saying it's necessary just saying the DKs matchup was way more interesting to watch.

Last edited:

Re Kennedy

It makes sense - we told him the reality of his role going forward, and if he doesn't like it he's free to look at his options - which we would support.

Seems like a fairly stiff end of season review, with the realities of our list dynamic at the moment and how he fits with that. Seems perfectly reasonable, and fair play to K if he says I'm happy to stay and commit in that role.

Overall it just seems like good governance by the club.

Last edited:
Haynes is a cheap option, especially with Marchbank, Akuei gone and Gov having durability issues

Haynes may also transition to our coaching ranks
Nick Haynes mother was very active and well respected in netball coaching and facility development fields. You'd imagine that there would be strong leadership traits there.

Mind you Fraser Brown had great coaching genes but seemed to prioritise being an outstanding success in business.

Re Kennedy

It makes sense - we told him the reality of his role going forward, and if he doesn't like it he's free to look at his options.

Seems like a fairly stiff end of season review, with the realities of our list dynamic at the moment and how he fits with that. Seems perfectly reasonable, and fair play to K if he says I'm happy to stay and commit in that role.
Yeah pretty much this is how the discussion would have panned out during the meeting

One thing seems to be clear though...he has been 'pushed' out of the midfield group where he wants to play

If true about Kennedy not wanting to play forward let him go and get Luke Parker in for a couple of years. One year playing one or two assistant coaching if interested.

Hi and thanks.

Words are important.

There's a vast difference between a 'fan' and a supporter. I think most of us here would consider ourselves 'supporters'.
Footy games are not pop concerts and many of us are long standing members. We consider CFC our club.
Again many of us have been supporters for a very long time.

So, my hope is that you cherish our club and look after it whilst you are serving it. We put our trust in you doing that.
I for one have been relieved to see it less and less the plaything of a few rich members. That stranglehold damaged our beloved club for far too long!

Alright, if you haven't zoned out by my tldnr above...

Question: Why the hec did you employ Jordan Russell as our forwards coach with such precious assets as Harry and Charlie?

How well do you think it's been working?

Do you think we've brought out the best in our players?
Player development?
Do you consider us innovative and among the leaders with the game plan?

Thanks for listening and thanks for the work you do at our club. 💙
Hi myblueroan,

Appreciate the message, apologies for the late reply.
Thanks for your passion for the club showing what a great ‘supporter’ you are.

Why the hec did you employ Jordan Russell as our forwards coach with such precious assets as Harry and Charlie?

The club thought Jordan was well suited as he has had great experience in different roles and great at developing team skills, tactics and supporting their grow to their full potential.

Player development?

Ever since players have been drafted/traded into the club we have really liked most of their development, but due to unfortunate circumstances in injuries players haven’t reached full potential. This has lead to changes in high performance development so we can see the best performance of every player in the near future.

Apologies for not being able to answer every question as I don’t have the full knowledge in every role at the club. Glad to answer the rest of your questions though and would be happy to answer more.

Kind regards,
Blue Crippto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi myblueroan,

Appreciate the message, apologies for the late reply.
Thanks for your passion for the club showing what a great ‘supporter’ you are.

Why the hec did you employ Jordan Russell as our forwards coach with such precious assets as Harry and Charlie?

The club thought Jordan was well suited as he has had great experience in different roles and great at developing team skills, tactics and supporting their grow to their full potential.

Player development?

Ever since players have been drafted/traded into the club we have really liked most of their development, but due to unfortunate circumstances in injuries players haven’t reached full potential. This has lead to changes in high performance development so we can see the best performance of every player in the near future.

Apologies for not being able to answer every question as I don’t have the full knowledge in every role at the club. Glad to answer the rest of your questions though and would be happy to answer more.

Kind regards,
Blue Crippto
I appreciate that.
Thanks.
I'm not comforted by your answer re Jordy Russell though. I think we can do a whole lot better with the talent we have there
Don't you?
And how the ball is kicked in to forward 50...
How long until we sort that out?

I don't know who you are or if you are having a ball taking the piss.
I don't mind. It feels good to say the stuff many of us wish we could say.

Cheers.💙🐎

Don’t wanna lose him but we would get a lot of capital for Tom
I hear you - & you're correct: we would get the earth for him - but Tommy's just far too valuable to us. It's almost like having an extra midfielder who just happens to also be a pretty good ruckman.

And I'm pretty sure those don't grow on trees.

Keep.

Haynes is a cheap option, especially with Marchbank, Akuei gone and Gov having durability issues

Haynes may also transition to our coaching ranks
Yep, plus KPD is a fairly long lived position provided you don’t lose too much speed

Strength is the last thing to go

Of course he’s not playing with the KPD’s at GWS

Listening to gettable im becoming less optimistic about the upcoming trade period.

Not confident we are getting Houston anymore, feel we are only going to bring in Hayes and lose Owies

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back