Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

The man is Teflon.
But there are whispers of conversations with Jimmy Bartel amongst others. Which could mean Lloyds time is coming to an end.

Re Graham Wright that’s been circling for a while. His break up with Collingwood was very odd, so not entirely sure if it would be a good option.

The man I’m begging them to talk to is Blair Hartley, who I hear might be finishing up at Richmond at the end of this year.

Surprisingly, despite the fact we’ve offered him a job about 6 times in the last 10 years, we haven’t spoken to him this time around.
At least not yet.
Would you have heard if Chris Davies was sounded out last year and this year?

I think it's game style which is bash and crash a la Vossy's way and I believe is not sustainable over a full season and causes a higher propensity for injuries.

The aspirational model is Geelong who with a decorated coach knows that the season is to jostle for pole position and that the Finals is where it happens. I feel they deliberately peak and wane during their season (and rest blokes) so that they're right for September and peak at the right time. We're under pressure to bash and crash every week.

I also believe that getting Petracca is a must for us for both as a mid and we've all seen what he can do up-forward. As a forward he is both the 3rd tall and the devastating small we're crying out for.

I've given a possible trade that should be palatable to the Dees above.

Petracca in my view is getable and that Jay Clarke article reads like an exclusive Press Release to 1 journalist and has Corporate Contingency Plan written all over it - incidentally Roffe's area of expertise.

Agree re Trac. Solves so many problems. Very underrated by some around here, which is wild considering what he’s done.

Hoping like hell there is still something brewing.

Fair. He's extremely important to the Cats going forward. He played in the VFL last week didn't he? I think his height will be important against Daniher and Hipwood.

Yeah played VFL against Southport to test out his knee and make sure he was all good.
He had surgery on it to fix it up and hasn’t played AFL level since Round 21. So in over 5 weeks including Pre Finals bye and Cats going through to Prelim and getting the “week off”

Also while I’m here Jack Martin? WTF?!? How the hell are we linked to him.
Weird rumour…unless Rohan retires he’s probably gonna struggle to get a spot in our forward line.

Yeah played VFL against Southport to test out his knee and make sure he was all good.
He had surgery on it to fix it up and hasn’t played AFL level since Round 21. So in over 5 weeks including Pre Finals bye and Cats going through to Prelim and getting the “week off”

Weird rumour…unless Rohan retires he’s probably gonna struggle to get a spot in our forward line.

I don't know why anybody is linked to Martin, unless their medical staff have nothing to do.

I don't know why anybody is linked to Martin, unless their medical staff have nothing to do.

It’s about time we picked up another Delisted Free Agent, medicos gonna have their hands full if Martin is coming lol

Question, what’s your guess as a percentage chance that you get:

Tracca?
Houston?
Haynes?

Anyone I haven’t named you’ve been linked to?

It’s about time we picked up another Delisted Free Agent, medicos gonna have their hands full if Martin is coming lol

Tracca?
Houston?
Haynes?

Good luck in the bidding war with other clubs over his salary request. He's on about 100k per game.

Tracca?
Houston?
Haynes?

Petracca 1%
Houston 40%
Haynes 100%

No idea about others but we have something going on we don't know about yet.

Yes. Have a look at the players that went after the pick. Homes, Jones, Coleman, Guilden :oops: .
Just to name a few.
None of those players were rated at around 8, or 10 as it ended up. Jones went 16 as matched bid and Homes was 20 while gulden was 32, and also a matched bid.

Its only been 4 years so I appreciate that others may come on, but at this stage I wouldn’t be saying Saad for 8 was a bad deal for us- I actually think we most likely came out ahead.

I assume this year’s draft is rated higher than that year which is why Austin is so keen on keeping our first

Even pick 26 would be overs for Noble, as his value would more likely sit in the middle 30s if Col are honest about it!!!
John Noble - 112 games in 7 seasons , turning 28 before season starts next year, no personal accolades listed .
He is the equivalent ( at best ) of Matt Kennedy. Imagine Carlton asking for a first rounder for MK ? We'd be laughed at. 3rd-4th rounder at best for these players types

I do find it odd they just go and get hammered.

Yes they are in their 20s but they are also professionals, if they really wanted to win a flag, a lot of them would be starting now. Pies in 2023 before their flag basically already trained from the prelim loss

Nick is already training now I’ve seen videos of him down in the city

They can do what they want, but they don’t have the right to whinge and complain about their success afterwards cause they aren’t fully invested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they are in their 20s but they are also professionals, if they really wanted to win a flag, a lot of them would be starting now. Pies in 2023 before their flag basically already trained from the prelim loss

They can do what they want, but they don’t have the right to whinge and complain about their success afterwards cause they aren’t fully invested
This ain’t it. Every aspect of their life is controlled 24/7. This is pretty much the only 2 week period where they can let their hair down, travel, and do what they want. There were posts from the guys over in Bali in the gym earlier this week. The fact that they are still doing work while away on their only holiday of the year suggests they are pretty invested

Nick is training already cos his season ended 2 weeks before ours 🤣

Surely we're not so brutal as to suggest that if they're serious about the sport they can't have one or two weeks off a year?

I'm not sure about the history here, but there was nothing trolling about that comment.

If it is in regard to criticism of your posts, I can only put forward that criticism is fine it is is constructive and allows for further discussion.
In a pregame thread earlier in the year I made a joke about someone pinging a hammy early on and this poster referred ro me several times throughout the thread claiming I was trolling and not supporting the boys. Was very strong on not criticising players. So I'm just calling out a complete double standard thanks.

Finally a Carlton forward making a repeat effort!
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Season ended and I thought “well I wonder how long before we see the Carlton piss head club post their drunk holiday shots on instagram?”

I bet myself Walsh would post that stuff first.

For the first time this year he didn’t let me down.
The gall of someone on holidays posting a holiday shot.

I say take the second rounder while we still can.

I think Jack can only go to a team with a good forward line

When he is fit and firing he is unbelievable, but for a team to depend on him is way too much of a risk

But when looking at your forward line.. even a fit and firing Martin is probably only equitable to a Brad Close type. You need to fit in:
Jezza
Stengle
Mannagh
Miers
Close
Dempsey
Henry
Neale

So unless Dempsey and Miers are going to play on the wing or half back.. I can't see how Martin slots in

BTW, how the **** does Geelong have such an unreal forward line and yet it feels like nobody talks about it?

The AFL should investigate if that were to go ahead.. ridiculous.
What do you mean investigate... the AFL run Gold Coast like their little pet to hand out top draft talent to big Victorian clubs like Richmond, Collingwood and Essendon.

Swans and Saints are after Sam Frost from the hawks.

A bit old but would he be an option to consider?

Frost is pretty good at everything until he gets the ball.

Then he is diabolical.

Like if Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank and Levi Casboult had a three-way love child...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back