Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Jones was a Port NGA recruit and has been bang average since drafting. Was OK on first half on Friday night, but still fumbles and blasts long rather than assessing his options.
Gulden was a Sydney academy player.
Blake Coleman?!
But yes, we’ll done naming Holmes.
“To name a few”. Please keep going….

I reckon the Coleman he’s talking about is Kidean, also an NGA

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Frost is pretty good at everything until he gets the ball.

Then he is diabolical.

Like if Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank and Levi Casboult had a three-way love child...
Love child wouldn't happen. Cas would miss the bus to the date, Marchy would have slipped on nothing and ended up in ICU, and Jones would have straight out refused because "it's 5g".

Lachie Jones was a Port NGA recruit and has been bang average since drafting. Was OK on first half on Friday night, but still fumbles and blasts long rather than assessing his options.
Gulden was a Sydney academy player.
Blake Coleman?!
But yes, we’ll done naming Holmes.
“To name a few”. Please keep going….
How about OHenry, HChampam, TPowell, TBruhn, LPedlar ...... just to name a few more. :p
We didn't even get something back from Essendon. We aren't very good at this - just accept it.

Are we a destinstion club?

Would Houston prefer to come to us if we can get it done?

From all reports we are at the top of his preferred list but sounds like he can only leave if Port gets enough compensation (and hopefully that’s just F1 and a little something else and not Pick 11)

It’s a bit annoying though that we have to pay a lot for half backs who were picked up in the rookie draft - Saad, Williams and now Houston.

Need to get better with the lower draft picks and rookie picks so we don’t have to pay more later.

From all reports we are at the top of his preferred list but sounds like he can only leave if Port gets enough compensation (and hopefully that’s just F1 and a little something else and not Pick 11)

It’s a bit annoying though that we have to pay a lot for half backs who were picked up in the rookie draft - Saad, Williams and now Houston.

Need to get better with the lower draft picks and rookie picks so we don’t have to pay more later.

We can't pick one ourselves....Newman and doch were also imports....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its Thursday already...surely some good rumours... trade whispers etc..

Ben Affleck Rain GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

They literally shouldn't be allowed to report on pay. They don't know what the pay is. Williams has been front ended back ended and evenly spread depending on which journo which year wants to get clicks.
I thought it was interesting hearing Paul Marsh of the AFLPA saying they used to audit the HS 'rich list' but have decided it's not worth continuing to do so due to the incredible level of inaccuracy.

Are we a destinstion club?

As a destination club we are probably some way behind the likes of cats/hawks

But Houston may want to be at the blues (if he decides to leave) because of his connections to Voss and Jsos..

This ain’t it. Every aspect of their life is controlled 24/7. This is pretty much the only 2 week period where they can let their hair down, travel, and do what they want. There were posts from the guys over in Bali in the gym earlier this week. The fact that they are still doing work while away on their only holiday of the year suggests they are pretty invested

Nick is training already cos his season ended 2 weeks before ours 🤣

Surely we're not so brutal as to suggest that if they're serious about the sport they can't have one or two weeks off a year?
It's bizarre when people criticise them for having a personal life. It's like they think they aren't allowed to have any semblance of a personal life unless they've won a premiership, and even then it's begrudging acceptance. They should be doing nothing but footy, gym and sleep. There's literally no time for anything else in life.

Any sign of smiling or fun after a season that didn't result in a flag is a hangable offence.

I still remember Cripps being criticised for celebrating winning the Brownlow.. yeah how dare he.

Last edited:
In a pregame thread earlier in the year I made a joke about someone pinging a hammy early on and this poster referred ro me several times throughout the thread claiming I was trolling and not supporting the boys. Was very strong on not criticising players. So I'm just calling out a complete double standard thanks.

People don't see wishing injuries on someone as being funny I guess.

Not the same as debating the form or trade potential of a player.

Baldock66 is now on the Saints board, you wont recognise him though, he's wearing a collingwood avatar in all the pics

Bit of a sleeper, that one.

I do find it odd they just go and get hammered.

Yes they are in their 20s but they are also professionals, if they really wanted to win a flag, a lot of them would be starting now. Pies in 2023 before their flag basically already trained from the prelim loss

Nick is already training now I’ve seen videos of him down in the city

They can do what they want, but they don’t have the right to whinge and complain about their success afterwards cause they aren’t fully invested

No issue with their fitness or investment.
Skills, now that’s another matter…
Should have a beer in one hand and football in the other.

Season ended and I thought “well I wonder how long before we see the Carlton piss head club post their drunk holiday shots on instagram?”

I bet myself Walsh would post that stuff first.

For the first time this year he didn’t let me down.
Are you serious mate?

Our season ended like 10 days ago.. let the boys have a break.

You do realise most of the greatest men and athletes in history did so half drunk or high? This puritan crap is nonsense. Aaron Rodgers was just today saying how he was required to play games on Percoset. Denis Rodman would rock up to a game having spent the night before in a strip club and grab 20 rebounds. Ben Cousins speaks for himself. Johnny Football would have benders twice a week tuesdays and thursdays during his Heisman trophy winning College Football season.

I think having a few drinks on your annual holiday is not the end of the world.

Compo may be in the form of FA’s in Cummings &/or Perryman for free but $$ and also the chase for Luko and more $$.

Houston off the book$ will assist on bringing in others to PTA.

Also after Joe Richards from Collingwood (who will prob place a 1st rounder bounty on him as well ala John Noble).

Are we a destination club?

I don't think there is any doubt Houston would prefer to come to Carlton. (this seems to be what some of the more credible journos are reporting also)

Reunites with Voss (apparently enjoyed a good relationship), best mates with JSOS and a few other Carlton boys and positionally we would have him become one of the most important members of our team.

Whether we can satisfy him with the $$ and of course Port with draft capital is another thing...

Nick Austin's whiteboard should resemble something like the below however:

Priority 1: Make sure we have enough spare room in the cap to extend TDK & Walsh next year.
Priority 2: Hold onto #11 in this year's draft - (unless used in a deal for SDK or Leek Aleer...)
Priority 3: Bring in Houston (on our terms)

(edited)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back