Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious mate?

Our season ended like 10 days ago.. let the boys have a break.

You do realise most of the greatest men and athletes in history did so half drunk or high? This puritan crap is nonsense. Aaron Rodgers was just today saying how he was required to play games on Percoset. Denis Rodman would rock up to a game having spent the night before in a strip club and grab 20 rebounds. Ben Cousins speaks for himself. Johnny Football would have benders twice a week tuesdays and thursdays during his Heisman trophy winning College Football season.

I think having a few drinks on your annual holiday is not the end of the world.
Chad Ochocinco only ate McDonald's on game day....

Ablett snr was a hardcore user...

Confident Austin wont part with pick 11 regardless of what Voss wants.

Unless Kennedy goes and we get a end of first rounder for him (is that even reasonable?) I think it's unlikely at this stage.

Our future first may be too low as well.
What does a combination of our future 1st & Kennedy pick gets us this year ?

Confident Austin wont part with pick 11 regardless of what Voss wants.

Unless Kennedy goes and we get a end of first rounder for him (is that even reasonable?) I think it's unlikely at this stage.

Our future first may be too low as well.

We wouldn’t trade a first round pick for Matthew Kennedy. :p

Surprised they needed to say anything really. Tons of players would miss their clubs BNF every year because of overseas holidays. A clubs BNF isn’t really that important.

It's actually a compulsory event for attendance. It's written into most club contracts and is non-negotiable. Overseas holidays are not a reason to miss, full stop...

Brave post.

Tv Land Diana Trout GIF by YoungerTV

I can reveal that with Nick Haynes coming in and maybe others, Mitch McGovern will play a role predominantly in the forward line in 2025.

A fit Jack Martin plays in every team, getting him fit is the issue

As quoted by a Bagger fan before, who is Jack Martin in 2024 or in this case 2025 starting in front of?

Key positions:
Jezza
Neale

Third tall:
O Henry
Rohan

High half forwards and small forwards:
Miers
Dempsey
Stengle
Mannagh
Close

Surely he’s not beating out any of the current HHF and small forwards as they ARE REQUIRED to cover huge kms in games and provide super manic pressure around the footy. It’s the biggest most important role in the side.
Would Martin be able to do that better than any of the above?

He’s not big enough to play key position so that’s immediately ruled out.

Surely he’s not starting in front of OHenry who kicked 33 goals this year and 41 last year.

That leaves the spot behind Henry if Rohan retires.
He wouldn’t be getting much AFL level action at all. Just seems like a weird fit.

Can someone give me some insight into what role would suit him best as you guys would have watched him the most and know the ins and outs of what he excels at and what he doesn’t?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering - constantly trailing off opponents sets terrible example for other defenders
That's a horrible take. He was the best 1v1 defender in the game this season and an AA.

I have some issues with his game - I think the best defenders peel off and intercept and I feel at times he can get too focused in his 1v1, but that's just me. Others love that he completely takes his man out of the game and don't need him to intercept.

Either way you look at it though, in neither case is he just trailing off opponents and setting terrible examples for his teammates.

As quoted by a Bagger fan before, who is Jack Martin in 2024 or in this case 2025 starting in front of?

Key positions:
Jezza
Neale

Third tall:
O Henry
Rohan

Miers
Dempsey
Stengle
Mannagh
Close

He’s not beating out any of the current HHF and small forwards as they can HAVE to cover huge kms in games and provide super manic pressure around the footy. It’s the biggest most important role in the side.

He’s not starting in front of OHenry who kicked 33 goals this year and 41 last year.

He wouldn’t be getting much AFL level action at all. Just seems like a weird fit.

Can someone give me some insight into what role would suit him best as you guys would have watched him the most and know the ins and outs of what he excels at and what he doesn’t?
Having watched him live at the Suns (being a Suns member and being at every home game for nigh on 10 yrs) and now seeing him for Carlton play solely forward, I always thought his best role was behind the ball as an interceptor. He didn't spend a whole lot of time up forward for the Suns. He played in multiple roles, he was thrown wherever needed, but not a lot of time inside 50. When he did, it was often for impact periods - 15 mins here or their kind of thing.

I thought he always looked his best as an intercepting loose defender/marking winger and rebounding, then we moved him forward permanently where I thought he struggled to have consistent impact even when fit.

Whether his body will let him play as the loose intercepting/rebounding defender these days who knows, the rebound and ability to peel off and get to the contest may have left him by now.

Key positions:
Jezza
Neale

Third tall:
O Henry
Rohan

Miers
Dempsey
Stengle
Mannagh
Close

Surely he’s not beating out any of the current HHF and small forwards as they ARE REQUIRED to cover huge kms in games and provide super manic pressure around the footy. It’s the biggest most important role in the side.

Surely he’s not starting in front of OHenry who kicked 33 goals this year and 41 last year.

Oh no you don’t 😡

There will ever only be ONE JEZZA and he is a Carlton LEGEND!

red card soccer GIF by HuaweiMobileFr

I can reveal that with Nick Haynes coming in and maybe others, Mitch McGovern will play a role predominantly in the forward line in 2025.

Oh, you watched the Blue Abroad video where Dan Gorringe dropped this information.

That would be a big change. He's definitely been more influential behind the ball throughout his career.

think Gorringe said Gov fwd on his podcast released last night/this morning

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back