Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

take whatever you want from that. I couldn’t care less.

They’re not fair dinkum some of these guys. Walsh is an endurance athlete who has become a very average one over the past couple of years. He is now being beaten easily by Elijah Hollands, Binns Cotts Ollie and the Irish kid. All pre his sore back. If I was him I’d be keen to correct that. Not a lot of ground made up while getting pissed.

It’s a choice. He’s taking it.
do you have any support for this perspective? Genuinely Elijah Holland's fitter than Walsh is the conclusion? I really want to know the dataset

SDK ain't going nowhere. C. Scott has a long history of not picking underdone players even in finals, and not changing the team too much if they're winning finals. To much success might I add!
SDK has been fit and available for the last 4 weeks, Austin needs to be all over him.

Hopefully we can have a few less injuries next year and come out and play the footy we all know they are capable of. I for one, have high hopes for next year. We'll get a few new players in and not have so many injury prone players.
Go Blues

Oops sorry this is obviously the wrong thread for this, It's been a while.

Last edited:
Let the rumour mongers rumour!!!

We just get to sit back and watch it unfold, sooner or later the proof is in the pudding.

I visit to be entertained and juicy rumours are entertaining, mostly though they have little resemblance to reality.

As for SDK, name 3 players Geebung have lost that they wanted to keep in the past 15 years!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I believe the point is it’s not clear that Geelong want to keep SDK given salary cap constraints etc. They have had him play in the VFL this season - and even when he was in their best 22 he was being played out of position which suggests they don’t see him in their best back 6.

He’s up for renewal next season and they may decide they don’t want to pay so much for a defender when they have other signing priorities. So it’s not that clear cut he’s a “must have” for them. Of course he has potential and they would love to keep him for the right price - but they may also prefer sticking with the cheaper alternates and use our draft picks to get talent in a different position

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve heard more than enough about what some players do off field to see these things as a continuation….rather than a season ending break.

take whatever you want from that. I couldn’t care less.

They’re not fair dinkum some of these guys. Walsh is an endurance athlete who has become a very average one over the past couple of years. He is now being beaten easily by Elijah Hollands, Binns Cotts Ollie and the Irish kid. All pre his sore back. If I was him I’d be keen to correct that. Not a lot of ground made up while getting pissed.

It’s a choice. He’s taking it.
Yeah god forbid and strike down anyone having a bit of fun and relaxation on their break. Think you'd be better off following water polo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch is one of the few who has the balls and the ability to hit a 50m pass into a dangerous spot opening up play.
Would be awesome to have him CHF leading, taking marks & hitting up leads to our forwards but u need a serious tank to do that & no way his hammies hold up for a season.

Fit Mitch makes us better overal & is key to being more attacking from the back line, but he’s not turning into Richo with a good preseason
i present the counter argument...

Lance Whitnall.

Can confirm walsh is very much BOG off field, but not sure if that says anything about his commitment to the game.
Ill hazard a guess and say his status in the game (ie ability) gets him a leave pass from club management with off field behaviour. IMO it does say a bit about commitment to the game and the required standards on and off the field, in and out of season. They just dont understand the sacrifices needed to achieve true greatness. Thats my take.

PS I reckon Charlie would give him a run for his money off field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back