Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

We should be absolutely all over the intel on whether or not Sam De Koning is looking to leave via his brother but I’m not sure we are for two reasons:

1) Barrass and the McGovern brothers are very good mates and they would have known Barrass was considering leaving last year and this year. Austin would have been able to get access easily Barrass to sound him out too. Yet not once has it ever been reported that we were interested in him despite the fact that he is literally the exact player we need.

2) I am starting to think Austin’s views on key defenders is one elite key defender is sufficient if surrounded by mobile tallish interceptor types or guys who can defend a variety of forwards. This is why the only defender we’ve been linked to is Haynes. IMO there’s also evidence to point to this “philosophy” via his work at the Tigers and the Dogs.
So we probably were aware of the intentions but knew or decided it wasn't for us

One can only hope.

I "went" to uni with Jimmy (he was a poster boy of online study when I was studying). I'm biased when it comes to him.

Things I remember about Jimmy as a student (added context: did a number of group projects with him)

• Diligent student
  • active communicator -- was a regular on the discussion forums
  • No mucking about - was invested in getting the job done to the best of his and the team's ability
  • Accepting of his own (and others) knowledge gaps. Didn't carry on like he knew everything. Respectfully listened to others when they offered something of value. Offered a counter point when he had one. Offered his thoughts openly when asked.
  • Empathetic when others had issues or concerns
Non-study wise: He comes across a bit arrogant at times in the media - and he may well be - but it's the type of arrogance that fits into the above - just gets the job done and has confidence in his abilities.

If Cook has helped us get him to the club then it could be one of the most important moves of his tenure at the club.
Every media segment I’ve seen him on he is very ‘to the point’ and very astute in observations. What you have dot pointed is consistent to what I’ve seen in the media.

Couldn’t GAF with regard to ‘perceived arrogance’ which is usually absolute confidence and comfort in one’s own knowledge and experience.

Im guessing he would def make huge improvement to the management of football operation within the club, and might potentially be CEO succession material.

Want to see him at the club.

you know this for a fact?

In the next 12 months (24 months being generous) they'll lose :

1. Dangerfield
2. Tuohy
3. Hawkins
4. Stanley (put Pitto in a trade...)
5. Blicavs
6. Rohan
7. Duncan

All will be 34 or more older during 2025.

with Cam Guthrie, Tom Stewart and Jezza not far behind....

But all good, they've got Bailey Smith coming in....

We say and think this all the bloody time, year after year after year.

Until it happens it’s been proven not to happen, they’re list management and development geniuses down there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to build on the current list…fill in the missing gaps…

So I want…

a KPD …B grader is all we need (SDK will blow the salary cap and cost 2 x 1st rounders prolly

A pacey mid…good decision maker and good kick…ambidextrous on both feet would be most welcome 😂

An A grade small forward.

Anything else could unbalance the list

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back