Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

If our city is fortified, we’ll be quicker in the middle and a strong defence will rocket us forward, and in the nick of time.

Guided by the son of a farmer, (a sleeping giant) and strengthened by an island in the river (a ‘stolen 🦢) we’ll manage to claim that elusive flag!

🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩

View attachment 2116841

Constantinople was well fortified... Konstanty? :shrug:
Mid-15th century Ottoman empire: "Hold my beer..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SDK is a long shot...

But, there are things in play that are happening that might make it possible...

Let's break it down:

- Apparently we've asked the question and been told under no circumstances are they trading SDK this October.
Well, of course they're going to come out and say this... they're trying to win a flag and there's absolutely no way they're going to fuel speculation about trading valuable players at this stage...

Won't stop us continuing to ask...

- Bailey Smith has requested a trade
Hasn't revealed the club yet, but it's as predictable and the sun rising tomorrow morning that he's going to nominate Geelong... Now, despite Smith being out of contract, the Cats will still need to offer a fair trade (and historically, there's nothing to suggest they won't).

But what does a fair trade for Smith look like from the Cats' perspective? Their 1st round pick will be pushed to something close to #20... even if they bundle it with their F1... chances are that's another late teens pick... surely Doggies won't be satisfied with that... The Cats will need to find a way to get another 1st rounder this year and given that clubs are really rating this year's draft, that sort of pick is going to be hard to come by...

- SDK not being selected
I'll reiterate a point I made earlier... people saying we'd need to offer 2+ 1st round picks... well if SDK is so valuable and untouchable... why can't he get a game? A player worth 2+ 1st round picks is a walk up start every single time... and you're telling me he can't get selected ahead of Kolodjashnij and Blicavs?

I believe there's more to this... and sure reports that SDK is pissed off sound logical given the circumstances... but we've seen players request trades on the back of not being selected in important finals before...

- SDK is a "pre-agent"
His contract is up next year and the offers will be coming through... this might deter Sam from requesting a trade this year, but it might hurt the Cats... they'll likely get band 1 compo if he leaves which will come after their 1st next year... Is that what they're willing to risk losing him for?

If he remains disgruntled next year, it could come back to bite them. They might be better off convincing SDK to come to us this year, this helps them get a better 1st rounder + some change to bring Smith in and improve their hand elsewhere.

There are many factors that could entice Sam to come to us other than a massive pay slip...

My take still remains - we need to focus on our midfield as priority #1. Understand the want for us to bring in another quality KPD, we are very thin in this department and relying on Young to hold that post next year is ridiculous. It's also clear that we can't rely on Gov and Kemp to play that role either... but we should look for one that won't cost us an arm and a leg...

If we're going to part with pick 11, then it needs to be for something that addresses our midfield issues.

There’s semantics but no ‘Sam antics’ 😜
Mr Bean Idea GIF by Working Title

So no more problems at the communications hot desk. Yay!!! Launch that rocket.
Welcome to the guy with the paint brand.
I'm just gunna wish the speed will come from a very attractive deal, but campo x 2 makes sense.
Yep..Jimmy
And...
Island in the stream..
Oh wow!
I LOVE Kenny and Dolly!
Make it happen!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back