Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Cantilever back and mull it over a bit more

:tearsofjoy:

Textured-Mullet-With-Skin-Fade-titan_barber-min.png

If our city is fortified, we’ll be quicker in the middle and a strong defence will rocket us forward, and in the nick of time.

Guided by the son of a farmer, (a sleeping giant) and strengthened by an island in the river (a ‘stolen ) we’ll manage to claim that elusive flag!

View attachment 2116841
A Bailey is an old type jail (fortification) and to mull it over would mean a mullet. Bailey Smith quickness?

On SM-T865 using BigFooty.com mobile app

IMO SDK would cost about the same as Houston and Barrass in terms of trade capital. Yes Barrass and Houston are both older but they are proven elite performers as opposed to SDK.
There are many factors in trade value, time left in the is a major one. SDK also has the versatility to play in all 3 arc, Houston and Barras, 2 at most

In terms of trade value, I'd say the order of cost would be

SDK
Barrass

Houston

More worrying is Austin seems to think you don’t need 2 tall defenders set up like he did with Richmond and the Dogs. The game has changed since then and this year we were exposed down back for height.
That's an assumption, and after Young's first year, club probably believed he was that 2nd KPD, but his form dropped off

S Durdin was viewed as a viable back up, but has struggled to stay on the park

Kemp really struggled on similar size/height forwards, hopefully they leave him forward

So how is the hawks gonna get it done when their picks are higher than ours? 🤔

Having also picked up Battle as a free agent helps with overall needs, so they can spend that currency on Barrass

I'd say salary is also a key factor in the Barrass acquisition

If our city is fortified, we’ll be quicker in the middle and a strong defence will rocket us forward, and in the nick of time.

Guided by the son of a farmer, (a sleeping giant) and strengthened by an island in the river (a ‘stolen 🦢) we’ll manage to claim that elusive flag!

🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩

View attachment 2116841

I had an aneurism just trying to comprehend this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guided by the son of a farmer, (a sleeping giant) and strengthened by an island in the river (a ‘stolen 🦢) we’ll manage to claim that elusive flag!

🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩

View attachment 2116841
I'm guessing Wick for the Swan.

chatGPT suggests: ""Island in the river" refers to Blakey Island, which is a small island in the U.S."

🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩

View attachment 2116841

Innes
Houston
Haynes
Bartel
Wicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDK is a long shot...

But, there are things in play that are happening that might make it possible...

Let's break it down:

- Apparently we've asked the question and been told under no circumstances are they trading SDK this October.
Well, of course they're going to come out and say this... they're trying to win a flag and there's absolutely no way they're going to fuel speculation about trading valuable players at this stage...

Won't stop us continuing to ask...

- Bailey Smith has requested a trade
Hasn't revealed the club yet, but it's as predictable and the sun rising tomorrow morning that he's going to nominate Geelong... Now, despite Smith being out of contract, the Cats will still need to offer a fair trade (and historically, there's nothing to suggest they won't).

But what does a fair trade for Smith look like from the Cats' perspective? Their 1st round pick will be pushed to something close to #20... even if they bundle it with their F1... chances are that's another late teens pick... surely Doggies won't be satisfied with that... The Cats will need to find a way to get another 1st rounder this year and given that clubs are really rating this year's draft, that sort of pick is going to be hard to come by...

- SDK not being selected
I'll reiterate a point I made earlier... people saying we'd need to offer 2+ 1st round picks... well if SDK is so valuable and untouchable... why can't he get a game? A player worth 2+ 1st round picks is a walk up start every single time... and you're telling me he can't get selected ahead of Kolodjashnij and Blicavs?

I believe there's more to this... and sure reports that SDK is pissed off sound logical given the circumstances... but we've seen players request trades on the back of not being selected in important finals before...

- SDK is a "pre-agent"
His contract is up next year and the offers will be coming through... this might deter Sam from requesting a trade this year, but it might hurt the Cats... they'll likely get band 1 compo if he leaves which will come after their 1st next year... Is that what they're willing to risk losing him for?

If he remains disgruntled next year, it could come back to bite them. They might be better off convincing SDK to come to us this year, this helps them get a better 1st rounder + some change to bring Smith in and improve their hand elsewhere.

There are many factors that could entice Sam to come to us other than a massive pay slip...

My take still remains - we need to focus on our midfield as priority #1. Understand the want for us to bring in another quality KPD, we are very thin in this department and relying on Young to hold that post next year is ridiculous. It's also clear that we can't rely on Gov and Kemp to play that role either... but we should look for one that won't cost us an arm and a leg...

If we're going to part with pick 11, then it needs to be for something that addresses our midfield issues.
Isn’t FA still 8yrs (1st year 2020) = pre-agent in 2027?

Oooh...Innes.
from the river island

Innes is a gender-neutral name with Scottish and Irish roots, coming from the Gaelic word inis. Translating to “island,” or more specifically “from the river island,”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RoyalBlues

I think I know who you are. You’re David Astle who is responsible for making my Friday crossword puzzles a miserable experience.

However Astle is an anagram of steal and it sounds like steel. To steel oneself is to fortify oneself. We’re targeting the St Kilda captain as an act of revenge on SOS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back