No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably wouldn't be keen to work with Kane Cornes one would think.
TBH, I loved Darcy as a player, but he's a prize winning knob now. Can't stand him as a commentator.
Mr Wholesome. Good luck to him if he is that clean living as his 'House of Wellness' persona (I swear this isn't tall poppy) but I think Corne is probably a bit more honest.

TBH, I loved Darcy as a player, but he's a prize winning knob now. Can't stand him as a commentator.
Mr Wholesome. Good luck to him if he is that clean living as his 'House of Wellness' persona (I swear this isn't tall poppy) but I think Corne is probably a bit more honest.
At the end of the day I watch for th footy

Media are somewhat peripheral and the competency bar is low because love for the game is strong

That said, good luck for him in his future endeavors

At the end of the day I watch for th footy

Media are somewhat peripheral and the competency bar is low because love for the game is strong

That said, good luck for him in his future endeavors
I do think we are particular malnourished in terms of commentating ability since Commetti exited though.

I mean look to the EPL and some of the absolutely iconic monologues their commentators put out that earn second lives as memes, voice overs or inspirational quotes due to how impassioned and honest they are (you will have likely seen them such as the infamous "pressure, what pressure" monologue). We don't get anything near that level of honest love and passion for game, vulnerability in saying - this is a spectacle, and I want to impart on it the spectacle it deserves. I know we Australia's don't like to take ourselves too seriously and I think there is a place for the larrikin MMM style commentating, but I wish our commentators were more eloquent and brave than what we have today.

I do think we are particular malnourished in terms of commentating ability since Commetti exited though.

I mean look to the EPL and some of the absolutely iconic monologues their commentators put out that earn second lives as memes, voice overs or inspirational quotes due to how impassioned and honest they are (you will have likely seen them such as the infamous "pressure, what pressure" monologue). We don't get anything near that level of honest love and passion for game, vulnerability in saying - this is a spectacle, and I want to impart on it the spectacle it deserves. I know we Australia's don't like to take ourselves too seriously and I think there is a place for the larrikin MMM style commentating, but I wish our commentators were more eloquent and brave than what we have today.
There some really good ones around (Jason Bennett, Alastair Nicholson, Matt Hill) but for whatever reason the powers that be believe that we deserve the histrionics of B.T and J.B etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back