Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 11 in my opinion should not be traded under any circumstance- the 2024 draft is potentially the last uncompromised draft for the next 3-4 years.

That pick should be used on the best available talent that the recruitment department has identified.

We need to as a club start looking within for improvement. Granted Houston is an A grade dependable half back flanker but do we sell the farm for an another HBF like we have previously done before all ie- Saad and Williams?

My personal opinion is that I would back Elijah Hollands to play that same Houston role. I genuinely think he has the skill set to be a dominant and creative rebounder across half back.

I would also be making contact with Luke Hodge and sending Hollands up to Brisbane for a block of the preseason ( assuming Hodge would be available/interested) to obtain exclusive 1 on 1 mentorship and positional coaching .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Houston can be a point of difference in the midfield
I agree that midfield should be the go for him, and as he has been All OZ at least twice he must have some talent!!! He is also the go to man that team mates dish the ball off to when he runs past, as he usually nails a goal due to his elite kicking and we could do with more of those I would think......but how do we trade for him without giving up pick 11, which like many others I want us to keep as we still need young talent from this draft pool.......:think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back