Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people really think that the Pies adding to slightly above average players in Schultz and Perryman for a 1st and 2nd (Schultz) and around $900k per year (Perryman) us going to do anything for them other than hurt them down the track in teens of what they missed on this year and their salary cap?

People can't genuinely believe that it is "brave" recruiting or that they are going "all in" can they?
Totally agree, they also lose Joe Richards to Port who looked great in his few games this year.

GC won't help us with any pick trades...still offended over the Jack Martin deal so they'll tell us to GTFO.

Going by what Craig Cameron (GCS) and Leppitch (COLL) and Chris Davies (PORT) have said on the interviews....

We aren't getting Houston or pick 13 as they all want to deal with each other because they have players included in the deals going to each other...

Move on to what we can get done....

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's actually not a bad deal for GC...

Their first round selection this year is worthless to them because their academy player (Leo Lombard) will go around that mark anyway and they'll be able to match a bid for him with a bunch of third or fourth rounders anyway. So you either draft him with that pick or get rid of it and get him anyway.

So in this instance, they turn a worthless pick for them this year in to another first rounder next year. Worst case scenario is Pies finish first next year and their pick goes from 13 to 18. Don't think that'll happen so their pick next year will probably be comparable to what it was this year.

Essentially prices John Noble at a second round pick, which is about right. Both parties win in the trade I think.

Two things...

1. "Not a bad deal" needs context... in terms of what they could get for pick 13 this year, it is a bad deal no question. You don't just throw it away because it's "worthless"

2. Noble about right for a second rounder? In which universe? Not this one... he is a fringe player who was dropped in last year's finals series... you don't give up a 2nd rounder for that sort of player... particularly a 2nd rounder that is pretty much just after the first round

Two things...

1. "Not a bad deal" needs context... in terms of what they could get for pick 13 this year, it is a bad deal no question. You don't just throw it away because it's "worthless"

2. Noble about right for a second rounder? In which universe? Not this one... he is a fringe player who was dropped in last year's finals series... you don't give up a 2nd rounder for that sort of player... particularly a 2nd rounder that is pretty much just after the first round
Suns want players through the door and will overpay. Was always going to happen. I had hoped Owies would have nominated the Suns

Going by what Craig Cameron (GCS) and Leppitch (COLL) and Chris Davies (PORT) have said on the interviews....

We aren't getting Houston or pick 13 as they all want to deal with each other because they have players included in the deals going to each other...

Move on to what we can get done....

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well if GC want to limit the return they can potentially get, that's their choice... they never have been the sharpest tools in the shed at the trade table...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we may slide next year. With our potential outgoing players and replacing them with kids, it could be a finals miss. I do wonder, Cripps and for a majority of our A graders, the time is now, not in 3 years when they are winding up. I'd risk it for the biscuit for 17. I know it's a strong draft but if we are ditching owies and relying on our current smalls, that's a fail. I'd also be going harder for Houston. Time passes quickly and before we know it, the door will be shut.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who said he wasn’t…..
He started the season at half back!!
Attended 79% of CB's in Round 0

Also averaged 74% (second most at the Pies)

The point you had deemed as contentious was mine whereby I suggested he was already a full time midfielder, which he clearly is.

He averaged 5% less CBA's per game than Cripps and 4% more than Walsh, 6% more than Hewett.

He's a full time midfielder.

Who said he wasn’t…..
He started the season at half back!!

You're thinking of 2023. Spent about half the season at half back pushing up before switching to a CBA mid around the bye. This year he was a CBA mid the whole year. They moved him around a couple times within games to help break tags but primarily he was on-ball.

GC won't help us with any pick trades...still offended over the Jack Martin deal so they'll tell us to GTFO.

And port love the pies?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like we may slide next year. With our potential outgoing players and replacing them with kids, it could be a finals miss. I do wonder, Cripps and for a majority of our A graders, the time is now, not in 3 years when they are winding up. I'd risk it for the biscuit for 17. I know it's a strong draft but if we are ditching owies and relying on our current smalls, that's a fail. I'd also be going harder for Houston. Time passes quickly and before we know it, the door will be shut.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Our outgoing players are primarily injury prone. We have a next level group of players ready that we have had small glimpses of in Lord, Binns, Moir and hopefully Billy Wilson. We'll pick up some good kids including Campos.

We only have to keep our troops on the field at a level that every other team does and we'll be better than this year. And this year our TDK lead best was nearly as good as that of any other team.

The melts on here at this time of the year are amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back