Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, while I'm 'totes on the Houston train', I think I'm going to go into hibernation until the trade period is over, as this on again/off again media clickbait is doing my head in.

I wont melt if we keep our picks. No point - I'm not the list manager lol. Whatever happens, happens.

Have fun guys.

The big issue was last years trade period. We got caught in the prelim hype and didn’t clean out the injury prone players.

That has meant this year is a clear out deadwood, re-balance salary cap and hit the draft.

Imagine next year we will be more aggressive. Not a lot of room for era considering the age of Cripps.

Feels like we’ve stagnated over 2 draft periods while those around us have topped up.

Lots of pressure on changes to game play, new conditioning staff + kids like Moir playing consistent footy.x

So we are arrogant for not wanting to give up our current 1st but this is totally fine...
Market price is determined when 2 or more people are willing to make an offer above a certain level.
1 person making or refusing an offer doesn’t determine anything other than -
1. Someone is over paying/under offering or
2. They are asking to much.

It’s worth keeping in mind that the info that the journos get and post is intended to influence or elicit a reaction - that includes clicks & creating pressure.

Those with a solid plan, a good understanding of all the variables & conviction to back there data/postion always come out ahead 😉

Market price is determined when 2 or more people are willing to make an offer above a certain level.
1 person making or refusing an offer doesn’t determine anything other than -
1. Someone is over paying or
2. They are asking to much.

It’s worth keeping in mind that the info that the journos get and post is intended to influence or elicit a reaction - that includes clicks & creating pressure.

Those with a solid plan, a good understanding of all the variables & conviction to back there data/postion always come out ahead 😉
I understand all that I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in how the two teams have been reported on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 year deal for a 28 year old is ridiculous management. They can’t expect all players to be Pendlebury. He’s already playing a HB role. There’s no place to hide him when he slows down.
Scott Pendlebury is 36, turns 37 next year, Houston will finish his 6th season as a 33 year old, I’m not sure why so many are having difficulties with his age.

So why wouldn't we just re-rookie Owies if we want to go down that path....out of contract and zero interest from any other club, so it aint like we're gonna get gazumped....base wage, match payments and incentives, take it or leave it.
For mine, it's because Owies has some value... he's a certainty to be playing AFL next year, there will be plenty of interest the instant he becomes a DFA, but not one moment before.

I think he's in our best 40 players, and ought to stay on the list. I'd prefer to delist another senior-listed player who we know will garner no external interest under any circumstances (sadly, we're not short of these types, and Fantasia is probably the most obvious option right now) to move to the rookie list.

To be clear, I am not against the Club retaining Corey Durdin in principle, if the List Manager still wants him, even knowing everything else we now know at the end of the 2024 season. But there was no need to do it in April, and that was clear in April.

I understand all that I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in how the two teams have been reported on
It’s click bait & positioning.
They are all full of shit - just makes me mad they drag this on for so long when it could & would be sorted in a week if that was the time line.
Dumb ass’s should be running this the week after the GF to draw attention away from the NRL if they actually had a clue - just taking up dead time atm.
It’s a dirty little machine to get people paid and be relevant

That talk of Port trading pick 13 for Sydney’s picks 19 and 22… I’d love for us to somehow be in on that. Go to the draft with 11, 19, and 22, with the Campo boys to come. I expect it is a pipe dream. But yes please!

Keep 13 if we can get it. Don't have list spots to take 19 and 22 plus Campos.

Mowies is an ordinary footballer. He won't be missed if we draft and develop our players right.

Keeping Fantasia over him is baffling but we could easily delist both and I wouldn't bat an eyelid
Owies is a good footballer.

Ordinary footballers don't chip in 33 goals and 15 odd assists...

Remember when Taranto and Hopper went to Richmond and people were saying similar things about how good they’re going to be with those additions.
We all know that hasn’t panned out how a lot of people initially thought it would.
Let’s hope the same for Perryman and Houston at the pies.
100% Some work, Some don't.

I think we are best of focusing on ourselves and our improvement in every area. People, picks, there are no guarantees either way.

Scott Pendlebury is 36, turns 37 next year, Houston will finish his 6th season as a 33 year old, I’m not sure why so many are having difficulties with his age.
& Angus Bradshaw retired at 28.
Players usually decline significantly or have injury concerns 30+.
Long contracts are a shit idea for a club - just ask Melbourne how much they are enjoying Trac & Oliver’s deals

Mowies is an ordinary footballer. He won't be missed if we draft and develop our players right.

Keeping Fantasia over him is baffling but we could easily delist both and I wouldn't bat an eyelid
It’s not really about that though, well not to me anyway, we have just seen WC get a pick for Jack Darling, we see Noble potentially helping Coll get 13 and I’ve seen lots of players in the past get their clubs 3rd and 4th rounders, if we get nothing for Owies, add it to the list of stuff ups on Austins watch and they are building up at a quick rate.

Owies is a limited footballer but the bad part is, he was far ahead of our other smalls

For mine, it's because Owies has some value... he's a certainty to be playing AFL next year, there will be plenty of interest the instant he becomes a DFA, but not one moment before.

I think he's in our best 40 players, and ought to stay on the list. I'd prefer to delist another senior-listed player who we know will garner no external interest under any circumstances (sadly, we're not short of these types, and Fantasia is probably the most obvious option right now) to move to the rookie list.

To be clear, I am not against the Club retaining Corey Durdin in principle, if the List Manager still wants him, even knowing everything else we now know at the end of the 2024 season. But there was no need to do it in April, and that was clear in April.
Owies might have some value, but it’s become clear that he has no trade value. A small part of that might be due to our list squeeze, but having one less contracted player on our senior list wouldn’t change that. Recontracting Durdin earlier in the year has no effect on it.

Part of it is timing, this is a universally regarded draft year, and list spots are tight across the League.

Today’s The Age Real Footy podcast gave a good summation of Owies. Some supporters overrate him.

It’s not really about that though, well not to me anyway, we have just seen WC get a pick for Jack Darling, we see Noble potentially helping Coll get 13 and I’ve seen lots of players in the past get their clubs 3rd and 4th rounders, if we get nothing for Owies, add it to the list of stuff ups on Austins watch and they are building up at a quick rate.

Owies is a limited footballer but the bad part is, he was far ahead of our other smalls
We have a list squeeze due to having a lot of talent on our list. WCE are a baron wasteland of doom atm. Teams know that, and thus know we will get rid of him for a can of Pepsi if we have to. Thus - 0 trade value

Owies imo was awarded opportunity this year due to the injuries to our other forwards. I wouldn't have him near our best 22 in 2025 if others are healthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back