Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

32 wouldn't be lost in the Campo bids most likely. We can do the Campo bids now
If a bid comes before that pick it absolutely is lost. We don't get to decide which picks make up the points to match, it starts with our next pick and it keeps deleting them until points are matched. Ben is seen as a talent around that area, and there is no doubt in my mind there'll be a club or two who bids before then to make sure we lose that pick.

Explain to me then what happens if we hold Pick #32 and someone nominates Ben Camporeale at Pick #31.

I’ll tell you what happens, we are left with a tank full of worthless late picks that we’ve accrued and won’t use.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here are all the trades we are currently working on with other teams. I guarantee none will be announced before 2pm ;)

Adelaide
  • Darcy - It would be good to have a Fogarty on our list that actually kicks goals
  • Jones - It would be good to have a defender on our list that can actually Chayce
Brisbane
  • Hugh McCluggage- We need more outside run so badly I would fly up to Brisbane, pack his bags and drive him to the airport. Plus... I'd really like to answer 'How much luggage could McCluggage lug if MucCluggage could lug luggage?'
  • Bailey - he could rotate with Williams up forward. They could train for interchanging with 'Zac's on, zac's off'
Collingwood
  • Isaac Quaynor - our gameplan needs more IQ
  • Shiel - Forget the private jet this time. A couple of cab vouchers would probably do the trick
Freo
  • Alex Pearce - once we add NGA kids next year, we could have the interchange 'Pearce off, Ison is on'...
Geelong
  • SDK - can never have enough Blues Brothers
Gold Coast
  • Alex Sexton - Moved to defence this year. The perfect fit once Silvagni moves to CHB ;)
GWS
  • Coniglio - Just as a test case to see if SOS tries to recruit him next year
Hawthorn
  • Dylan Moore - please sir, can we have some?
  • Grainger-Barras - together with Tom Barrass = Barassi @ Carlton
Melbourne
  • McVee - Once we have Barassi, we need to bring back Judd
  • Oliver - we desperately need more inside mids at Carlton
North Melbourne
  • Comben - he only kicked 3 goals all year. All three were against Carlton in round 19. You know it makes sense
  • LDU - We tried to right the Dow wrong with Cerra. This would complete the redemption
  • Fisher - see Coniglio
Port
  • Butters - We ask for him but Port send us a different player. Austin exclaims 'I can't believe it's not Butters!'
  • Rozee - Walsh vs Rozee? Porque no los dos?
  • Narkle - I'll be waiting for him to make a mistake so I can scream out '**** Narkle!'

Richmond
  • Picks only - the cupboard is more bare than Old Mother Hubbard's
  • Coulthard, Mansell & Clark - Not for recruitment, but I want to see these three race each other
St Kilda
  • Henry, Higgins - they can teach our players that 'do little'
Sydney
  • Papley - only if we can get Ryan O'Keefe to come out of retirement
WCE
  • Barrass - see Hawthorn
  • Cripps, McGovern - Pokemon, collect them all!
Bulldogs
  • Daniel - A player I look up to (literally)
  • Bont - Just for KohPhi
  • Liberatore - A Libba at Carlton. What could go wrong?

Last edited:
I’ll tell you what happens, we are left with a tank full of worthless late picks that we’ve accrued and won’t use.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Exactly. And the pick we traded Kemp for becomes Ben Camporeale, which we could have used the late picks we've accumulated to match. Meaning we would trade Kemp for effectively nothing.

32 would be a great get. We need to stop asking the world for our players and over-rating their worth in a trade market. Take the heart out of it and use the head.
Mike Myers No GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i like caleb daniel, neat player. but like him less in our line-up. boyd/wilson should be players we hope do the things caleb has done in the past.

We will get them
We’ll get them anyway.

If the only benefit to trading out kemp is his very reasonable contract, why not just make it easy for him then and trade him for a 5th round pick? That’s potentially the same scenario as what you’re proposing

Does Pick 32 come in a little after academy/FS bids?

No, if anything it will go out a couple.
More detail...

Here are the relevant picks:
Brisbane: 27, 34, 42, 43, 49, 60, 66
Essendon: 28, 31, 40, 46, 54, 65
Gold Coast: 6, 23, 39, 41, 78

Brisbane will almost certainly do a draft-night trade of 27 for lower picks.
Essendon may well keep spend 28 and 31 on Kako, but could look to do similar to Brisbane.
Gold Coast will trade out 6 and 23 for Rioli, and prob look for some late picks back.

So matching bids for Ashcroft, Kako, Marshall and Lombard will push our 32 back to 36. Essendon using 28 and 31 will bring it back to 34. And that's about it. If we're lucky it might stay at 32, but could be as bad as 36.

In any case, that 32-36 range is right in the middle of expectations for a bid on Ben Camporeale, so it makes absolutely no sense for us to trade for a pick in that range, UNLESS, we were then looking to combine it with the Kennedy pick to move up the order.

We will get them
Oh my lord that's not the point we're arguing lmao. We have the points for the Campos as it stands, you are right, but if we trade Kemp for 32, and a bid for Ben comes before 32, 32 will be used to match the bid first NO MATTER WHAT. Ergo, trading Kemp for absolutely nothing since we had enough points for the Campos regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back