Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Glicksy!

Kamala Harris Waiting GIF by Election 2020

Would be quite the deal/draft for MFC.
Pick# 3, 5, 9
+ Cerra
Re-boot nicely.

Actually very possible if we wanted to go down that path...

GC give 6, get Rioli
RICH give Rioli, Shai, get 3 and 30
FRE give 10 and 30, get Shai
CARL give 3, get 6 and 10

Can throw in Kennedy somewhere and get back late picks to sweeten the deal if required.

Gee that pick 3 has some power at the trade table right now if Austin really wanted to test the waters.

On trade 10 for Houston, take Lalor at 6... now my mind is really racing!
You aren't going to get 6 and 10 for 3.

Don't think he's middling pace at all...

He had an injury interrupted year and that is my biggest concern with him. Multiple injuries...
Same here.
So much pressure on the selection of #3 and hoping its the correct choice. We just cant be risking taking a player thats had multiple injuries?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it goes through I'm also interested to see what's different with a pick 3 coming to a contending team rather than a team in the bottom 4. Should have far more support around them and probably a bit less pressure as well
Ashcroft/Gulden/Daicos should answer that question for you.

this strategy from where I sit doesn't go anywhere close to fixing our main issue...our backline. I'm dumbfounded by this strategy!

Jury is still out on what our "main issue" is though.

For some, like yourself, it's the backline. We've replaced Marchbank who couldn't string more than 6 quarters together without breaking down with Haynes who, while not at his peak any more, is still a very capable defender who can and should play 14+ games if he's fit. We're also reportedly covering our bases with a few potential train-on players (Grainger-Barrass and the VFL McCartin Bro the names mentioned so far) who might score a spot via the SSP.

For others it's the forward line. We're punting Owies. but Kemp looks like swinging forward, JSOS will be back, and Moir showed great signs late in the year.

There's also a school of thought that says we can improve our back AND forward lines by fixing our midfield...which is where I'm leaning.

Add a new dimension to the midfield mix (elite disposal, or express pace with tidy disposal) and we become more effective at gaining territory, controlling the play, retaining possession and finding targets inside 50.

There's also the medium/long term strategy side of it. A few really good defensive free agents next year, so if we tidy up the books now we can maybe have a dabble in that market. Plus our NGA kids next year are a wing/half forward and a small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back