Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Worry about aerial balls with Jsos, but Gov can also play small
Gov can play small but it would mean potentially a Boyd or Cowan not making the team and I think they both play important roles and will continue to develop. Would almost rule out O.Hollands as a HB option as well

Martin
Marchbank
Cuningham
Owies
Kennedy
Mirkov (R)
Akuei (R)

Pick 3 + Campo1 replace 2 list spots
Third ND selection to replace third list spot
Campo2 to replace 1 rookie list spot

Leaves two main list spots vacant - pick up one DFA and one PSP or leave it vacant for the MSD perhaps?

Either way, if we depart with Kennedy, we need a pick we can use in this draft (<30).
Boyd upgraded to main list…

Geelong are very different to Collingwood...

2023 - took 7 picks in the draft Inc. 3 in the first 2 rounds
2022 - took 2 picks Inc. 1 first rounder
2021 - took 5 picks Inc. 3 in first 2 round

2023 - took 2 picks inc. 1 in the first 2 rounds
2022 - took 3 picks Inc. 2 in the first 2 rounds
2021 - took 4 picks Inc. 1 first rounder

5 extra picks taken at the draft
3 extra picks in first 2 rounds

For all the talk Geelong have never really traded away their future. They mostly use their draft picks even though they aren't high due to them being good. The guys they bring in are usually cheap due to being a bit older or FA. Even Cameron was meant to be a FA before the Giants made them cough up. It's shifting a bit under Mackie though.

Another year for the Suns where you hope your picks get academy players in and your stars play with even more plodders than the year before.

If I didn't have family there that I want to see positioned to succeed I'd be laughing.

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef
Might have to analyse. They have some great (on paper) kids to fill in gaps. Would have thought they are getting close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think it is possible the point of EP’s post is being missed.

He's responding to a post from Opium about Brodie Kemp, where Opium suggests Kemp is expendable if he’s not a defender. EP’s response is that JSOS will be CHB.

I’m probably adding two plus two to make five, but it’s possible EP is trying to tell us Kemp is expendable because JSOS is earmarked to play where Kemp had been playing.

I still think it is possible the point of EP’s post is being missed.

He's responding to a post from Opium about Brodie Kemp, where Opium suggests Kemp is expendable if he’s not a defender. EP’s response is that JSOS will be CHB.

I’m probably adding two plus two to make five, but it’s possible EP is trying to tell us Kemp is expendable because JSOS is earmarked to play where Kemp had been playing.
But then who would be playing where JSOS has been playing for most of his career?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back