Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly 8 or 9 is not going to happen
But I think kemp is definitely worth a late first round or it's just not worth it for us
I just have a feeling we are going to lose on kemp and Kennedy but who knows what Austin and co will conjure up surely they wouldn't entertain it unless we get overs

Exactly. They don't have a late first to facilitate a trade that we'd be interested in.

Maybe if they split 8 with GWS for 15 + 21 and give us 21...

Even then, it's hardly enticing for us to bite...

Imagine being asked if you’d like to go to St Kilda…….

I reckon Kennedy is our last trade out for the off season….

3 and 25 to draft some elite talent

Might be able to sneak another pick in before the B. Campo bid comes….L Campo rookie hopefully

Imagine trading Kemp for peanuts when he's about to hit his prime.
What the actual f is going on in peoples heads. Madness

SOS must be hoping we have enough salary cap pressure to trade him for stuff-all.

Which doesn't seem to make sense given we're offloading Owies and Kennedy at a minimum plus we already had an offer on the table for Hayward then Houston.

So all of that said - Kemp is a contracted required best 22 player playing a position we are already short in. Unless there is a remarkable offer on the table there's no way we'd do that deal.

We can expect a lot more of this from SOS over the next few years. Thankfully he's the LM at a rabble club & I can't see any players wanting to move across.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
They're just doing Saints things. Trying to insert themselves into the trade period so that they can get a false sense of relevance.

SOS must be hoping we have enough salary cap pressure to trade him for stuff-all.

Which doesn't seem to make sense given we're offloading Owies and Kennedy at a minimum plus we already had an offer on the table for Hayward then Houston.

So all of that said - Kemp is a contracted required best 22 player playing a position we are already short in. Unless there is a remarkable offer on the table there's no way we'd do that deal.

Spot on. We’re light on for talls as it is (especially ones who can play both ends). I can’t see a world where we let him go without getting overs. Kennedy I can see going because we have midfield coverage but Kemp not so much. The bid on Ben Camporeale also makes it a hard trade to get done as we don’t want the pick we get to be swallowed up. Factoring all this in and given we would be dealing with SOS who would never pay overs, can’t see the Kemp deal gaining momentum. This smells to me of SOS getting in Kemp’s ear a year early before his contract runs out to try again for him next year.

Spot on. We’re light on for talls as it is (especially ones who can play both ends). I can’t see a world where we let him go without getting overs. Kennedy I can see going because we have midfield coverage but Kemp not so much. The bid on Ben Camporeale also makes it a hard trade to get done as we don’t want the pick we get to be swallowed up. Factoring all this in and given we would be dealing with SOS who would never pay overs, can’t see the Kemp deal gaining momentum. This smells to me of SOS getting in Kemp’s ear a year early before his contract runs out to try again for him next year.

Fair play to SOS - he drafted Kemp and rates him highly. Why not pursue him.

But it's very late in the trade period for an out of the blue approach to a contracted player - especially when it looks like they have nothing to trade with. They aren't giving up pick 7+8.

I literally said 32 would move into the late 20s above ffs and some of you said no 😂

But it doesn't...

Brisbane have one pick inside 32. That moves up for Ashcroft, everything in between moves back, 32 doesn't change.

GC have one pick between 6 and 32. That moves up for Lombard, everything in between moves back, 32 doesn't change.

Essendon have two picks before 32. One moves up for Kako, the other moves to the end of the draft.

32 is gonna become 31.

Which has no appeal for us for a contracted young player your mob are trying to poach.

Three journos have run with "Saints asking the question of Kemp"....none of them have suggested a deal is in the works. SOS is kicking tyres cause he's got nothing else to do.

Take It easy
Sos will try and
Take it to the Limit
But
He aint no Witchy Woman.
In the Long Run
We'll get what we want.
I've got a Peaceful Easy Feeling.
We aren't Desperados.
Theres a new kid in town,
It's the last resort so it wont be wasted time
There could be a heartach tonight, after the thrill is gone
But Austin will be sipping a tequila sunrise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Geth Weitering bran
HB: Aph Silvagni ODN

Nothing gets past this defence either.

Run Away Donald Glover GIF by Childish Gambino

I'm only good in contract years

Fair play to SOS - he drafted Kemp and rates him highly. Why not pursue him.

But it's very late in the trade period for an out of the blue approach to a contracted player - especially when it looks like they have nothing to trade with. They aren't giving up pick 7+8.

Fair play to him yes. But he is smart enough to understand the situation (contracted, a position of need for us, Campo bid) so don’t come at us with crazy undervalued trades. If you want the player and come for him late, come with a decent proposal or don’t waste everyone’s time.

I don’t normally rate what Brereton says but I think he nails this about the draft.

Having a pick inside the top 3 can get you a player you can build a side around perhaps an all time great,having a pick around pick 12 gets you a good player.

What not have the opportunity in getting another Bont/Cripps instead of a Bruhn/Gibcus

Big difference.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t normally rate what Brereton says but I think he nails this about the draft.

Having a pick inside the top 3 can get you a player you can build a side around perhaps an all time great,having a pick around pick 12 gets you a good player.

What not have the opportunity in getting another Bont/Cripps instead of a Bruhn/Gibcus

Big difference.

More than likely make an impact straight away as well, look at Ashcroft

Big difference.

Ermmm...

Big difference.

Indeed..

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back