Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Cook has spent a lot of time hand holding and educating the football dept.

Be nice to see a bit of credit for Austin here. Right from the get go his stated aim has been to improve our draft position and it would have been super easy in a strong draft to rest on his laurels after securing 12 and 14 and many of us were really happy with that. Instead he's backed himself in to go further.

Annoys me a tad that many still think the credit should go to Cook or even Wright (after 5 mins on our payroll).

Credit where it's due for mine. Yes we might stuff the draft still but far more chance of a ten year gun at 3 than our original position.

Wouldn't be too surprised if he now focusses on a Kennedy trade to improve our later picks.

This JK?

Career highlights
AFL premiership player: 2018
8× West Coast leading goalkicker: 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2022
2× Coleman Medal: 2015, 2016
3× All-Australian: 2015 (vc), 2016, 2017 (vc)
3× Glendinning–Allan Medal: 2016, 2017, 2020
West Coast all-time leading goalkicker
homer simpson episode 22 GIF

Always need to assess these deals at the end of the trade/draft period, but just on this deal I am not enamoured

Lost: 12, 34, 73, F1, Owies - Gained: 3, 63, 68

Pros: We have a chance at picking up a solid A grader, releasing salary cap and more points for the Campo Twins (which I believe could be done without this deal)

Cons: Lose the chance to pick up 2 x solid B graders

We really won't know the success rate for at least 4 years, but let's just nail pick 3
Interesting what we might do with rookie/mature aged players too.

Always need to assess these deals at the end of the trade/draft period, but just on this deal I am not enamoured

Pros: We have a chance at picking up a solid A grader, releasing salary cap and more points for the Campo Twins (which I believe could be done without this deal)

We really won't know the success rate for at least 4 years, but let's just nail pick 3

Also gained a F2...

Wet Toast must be taking trade advice from Gold Coast.

Wrapt with what we have done but FFS - Baker for Barrass should have been a minimum result for them & Owies is a late second rounder at max value.
Pick 3 should never have been anywhere near the table unless it was for massive overs (St Kilda 7/8 - Melb 5 & something)
Decent chance they would have got Owies as a DFA.

Diabolically bad effort by them

Agreed. If they'd been sensible and moved earlier they could have kept 3 which honestly should have been their priority.

This is a disaster for wc. If I were a supporter I'd be filthy.

Could have had another gun mid to go with Reid for the next 10+ years.

I reckon the Houston deal is dead. Pies were getting a good deal there. So sad.

Agreed. If they'd been sensible and moved earlier they could have kept 3 which honestly should have been their priority.

This is a disaster for wc. If I were a supporter I'd be filthy.

Could have had another gun mid to go with Reid for the next 10+ years.

I reckon the Houston deal is dead. Pies were getting a good deal there. So sad.
I think it’s dead for the Pies. Not so much Norf.

priority is lalor if available however the club believes Lalor will be taken at 2 by north so will take FOS but bluff adelaide into thinking we want draper and try and get an extra pick or even deal with them now if Melbourne shut down petracca talks to try and get Rachele ( could be 3 and kennedy pick for 4 and rachele)

If we could actually get a deal done of 3 & Kennedy for 4 & Rachelle then this should be number 1 priority. Doubt it would happen but would be a ridiculously good result

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you ignore all the other picks it's Owies for #3 which is pretty good

Yes, LoB was the reach, Dow highly rated.

Seen as a weak draft on the whole.

Although these players didn’t work out, I always wonder if it could’ve turned out different if we had a better development environment. We’ve improved a lot in that area now, but Bolton was pushing s&$T up hill, Teague never talked to Dow or LoB.

Best thing Sayers has done is bring in Cook and focus on culture. And while Vossy has his favourites, he talks to all the players and gives feedback.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also worth remembering that during the most important development period for these players the absence of a VFL comp was a severe restriction on player development.

Pick 3 is likely to be a player who plays AFL and influences next year. I'm hoping they can play in the midfield somewhere and go forward or back for a bit.

When you think about it. Pick 3. Wilson, Moir, Lord, Docherty coming in and influencing next season like I think they will. Hopefully gives us a youthful, energetic and faster paced boost. I also think Ben Camporeale will be around the better players in the VFL at some stage. Fingers crossed Haynes goes well. We are 4 or 5 players off from contending, hopefully that quickly becomes 0.

I would love to see us move JSOS to the backline, seriously smart and determined player who has a reasonable pedigree back there. BTW taller and younger than Haynes as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back