Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be differences in measurement.

Guessing Bolt's time includes reaction time from starter's gun whereas draft combine starts once they cross the start line?

From memory, draftees start from standing position and get to rock back and forth a little before starting.

Also... believe it or not, but Usain Bolt was not typically the best starter in races.
Sadly, Bolt would also be one of the better footballers on that list, too...

if we’re looking at JSOS as a key defender the defensive setup will want to work a lot better than this season.

The first thing any team with any good or big KPF will try to isolate him.

Yep and because he’ll be giving away size he’ll grab jumper, try to wrestle and give away a free. I see that happening a lot. I’m all for trying him there, I just don’t see it working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rejuvenation on the fly. That's what this is.

I have expressed concerns that players are too comfortable at the club, and nobody wants to leave as a result. We have told players where they stand, and not given in to positional demands. Now we are seeing a shake up.

This won't affect culture. In fact, it will make players try harder to stay because they know their place is not guaranteed. You listen to Weitering talking about how they want success. The leaders want to do whatever it takes.

Kennedy is one of my faves for sure, and Kempy as well, but if they are traded, so be it. This shake up was long overdue.

Austin obviously has the backing of the club to do what's necessary, and his stones have been massive this trade period. I love the fact that we are emulating Collingwood and Brisbane in getting top draft picks while in a flag window.

Adding Pick 3 and the Campo boys gives us a real shot in the arm. I personally think Ben is going to be a gun for us going forward.

Still some gaps, but I'm excited we are adding a point of difference to the most important area on the ground.

I’m fine with it.

Nobody outside the club can really know what’s going on.

Seemed to be a reliable contributor but maybe he didn’t play by team rules in order to get his goals.

On a broader issue though, we are a timid bunch.
Unfortunately it may just be one of those instances where we couldn’t go into next year with ostensibly the same senior list again

That list couldn’t quite get us where we wanted to be

So we move on some non-critical talent ie talented role players but replaceable, to give the younger guys on our list more opportunity and to also increase our draft capital

Time will tell whether it’s been worth it but I suspect there will be a couple more that get “forced”out next year

Unfortunately it may just be one of those instances where we couldn’t go into next year with ostensibly the same senior list again

That list couldn’t quite get us where we wanted to be

So we move on some non-critical talent ie talented role players but replaceable, to give the younger guys on our list more opportunity and to also increase our draft capital

Time will tell whether it’s been worth it but I suspect there will be a couple more that get “forced”out next year
Could well be a very interesting year for OOC players such as: Cerra, Docherty, Cincotta, JSOS, Lemmey, Motlop and Newman.

I’m expecting Fantasia the only definite delisting at this early stage.

Our current list can get us there. Our gameplan/coaches/high perf cant until they change it up. Hopefully this year.
Just my opinion but I don't think our coaching team has had enough levers to pull available to them. When those levers have been fit and healthy our game plan and power around the ground looks awesome... We just rarely ever got to see it

Rejuvenation on the fly. That's what this is.

I have expressed concerns that players are too comfortable at the club, and nobody wants to leave as a result. We have told players where they stand, and not given in to positional demands. Now we are seeing a shake up.

This won't affect culture. In fact, it will make players try harder to stay because they know their place is not guaranteed. You listen to Weitering talking about how they want success. The leaders want to do whatever it takes.

Kennedy is one of my faves for sure, and Kempy as well, but if they are traded, so be it. This shake up was long overdue.

Austin obviously has the backing of the club to do what's necessary, and his stones have been massive this trade period. I love the fact that we are emulating Collingwood and Brisbane in getting top draft picks while in a flag window.

Adding Pick 3 and the Campo boys gives us a real shot in the arm. I personally think Ben is going to be a gun for us going forward.

Still some gaps, but I'm excited we are adding a point of difference to the most important area on the ground.
I was pruning the roses today and thought hey, maybe this is similar to what Austin is doing at the club.

First cutting away any deadwood (Marchbank, Martin, Cuners), then the tricky part cutting away healthy parts to balance the shape and create space for future new growth (Owies, Kennedy).

In the end the pruning is great for the health and development of the plant.

Surely Brisbane and St Kilda are trying to get in on those, respectively.

Color me surprised when Brisbane have indicated the player they're focusing on to replace Daniher is Sam Day. God only knows what is wrong with their own free agency.

Kennedy > Bulldogs for Pick 25 (via North Melbourne in trade for Macrae/Daniels)

Kemp > Saints for Pick 32+F2

Pick 25+StK F2 > GWS Pick 16

Pick 3 - Draper/Lalor/FOS/Smith
Pick 16 - Berry/Hotton/Hannaford
Pick 32 - O'Farrell/Dennis/Mraz
Match Bids - Ben + Lucas

What a glorious glorious off season it would be!

Last edited:
I was pruning the roses today and thought hey, maybe this is similar to what Austin is doing at the club.

First cutting away any deadwood (Marchbank, Martin, Cuners), then the tricky part cutting away healthy parts to balance the shape and create space for future new growth (Owies, Kennedy).

In the end the pruning is great for the health and development of the plant.
But you also need to expose the new buds to the light, not just keep your prize winners withering on the vine, blocking their nourishment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back