Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

If Kennedy is going to the Dogs surely best 22 Kennedy is adequate for fringe player Daniel?

The Kemp trade I don’t understand what we stand to gain. If it’s not involving pick 8 I don’t understand what we are doing.

Required player, best 22, contracted. Just don’t see how it is more likely that he goes than having him stay.
Pick 8 might get us Tauru, otherwise not interested. Kemp has a great attitude, battle hardened already and barely touched his obvious potential in current roles.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick 8 might get us Tauru, otherwise not interested. Kemp has a great attitude, battle hardened already and barely touched his obvious potential in current roles.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Couldn’t agree more, you don’t trade best 22 contracted players unless it makes you better

Tauru could, anything else is speculative after putting years into Kemp.

I do suspect that Voss isn't a huge Kemp fan, rather than Austin just trying to turf him for the sake of it...

Has dropped him on multiple occasions, not sure he has a lot of faith in him.

32 seems big unders though.
I suspect Voss needs to get his head checked... This is starting to remind me of Maltehouse again!

I do suspect that Voss isn't a huge Kemp fan, rather than Austin just trying to turf him for the sake of it...

Has dropped him on multiple occasions, not sure he has a lot of faith in him.

32 seems big unders though.
Fans just make up stuff like this just because a player might leave. Kemp hasn't requested a trade..........it is St. Kilda that has asked about him.

Under contract I'd take there current 2nd and their F2. He's much beloved here but he's not a star player.

That’d be a win for us imo. Work our way into NM’s 25 with MK’s trade to help them get Daniel. Likeliest and best result for us imo. We won’t trade Kemp unless the package can get us into 20s.

Last edited:
Quite depressing how good the draft is! Set them up nicely before Tas...
Feels like too deep a cut. Who knows.
There is 0 chance Kemp gets a pick inside 15.
Look at the history of the draft. What percentage of players picked after 15 play 100-150 games let alone 200+. Kemp's on track to be a very good 200+ gamer. He's contracted. On what planet is that not a pick inside 15.

Yep let's go to the draft to replace a 23 year old who didn't want to leave with unique physical traits and good skill and durability for the small chance to get someone the same, you absolutely cannot expect to just land another TDK. Or the next Fyfe. This new Ayer if they're any good then has to go through the development too. It's just bad asset valuation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Riolo deal goes through as expected they will have 7 first round picks (1,6,10,11,18,20,23) and pick 24

Wow

They’ve gone complete scorched earth though, not a lot of experience to shield these kids.
AFAIC, they’re on the edge of the cliff. Could work out ok but could also go the other way, ballsy move imo

Wonder if they want pick 3? Be interesting what it would take to prise it away from us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm personally a fan of both Kemp and Kennedy. Both are solid role players that certainly have their limitations, but these are the types of players that are the foundation of a team.

However, it's clear Voss/MC don't rate Kennedy (IMO play him forward and swap with Cripps for spells on the ball) or Kemp to a lesser degree (constantly played out of position but shown he can play up forward and back on certain matchups).

If they're not going to play them in their most effective roles, then I understand the logic in finding players that can play the roles Voss/MC want.
Kennedy only wants to play as a pure midfielder.......how many times are people going to have to say this?

Fans keep saying "i'd play him as a forward".........he doesn't want that.

Reactions to Kemp are massively overblown. He likely isn't in our best 22 next year if everyones fit.

Depth yes, but we can replace what they bring fairly easily imo.

If it helps us acquire other targets I'm all for the ruthless cleanout Austin is doing. Might set us back slightly for 12 months but guarantee we're better for it

Feels like too deep a cut. Who knows.

Look at the history of the draft. What percentage of players picked after 15 play 100-150 games let alone 200+. Kemp's on track to be a very good 200+ gamer. He's contracted. On what planet is that not a pick inside 15.

Yep let's go to the draft to replace a 23 year old who didn't want to leave with unique physical traits and good skill and durability for the small chance to get someone the same, you absolutely cannot expect to just land another TDK. Or the next Fyfe. This new Ayer if they're any good then has to go through the development too. It's just bad asset valuation.
If Carlton traded for Kemp rn and paid a pick inside 15 everyone here would be absolutely flipping their s***. He's a talent but an unproven commodity still. Too small to be a genuine KPD and we don't know how he'd go in other positions.

Personally would like to see him tried on the wing or on ball if we keep him but can completely understand if we let him go

As fans we overrate our own players and underrate opposition players.

If the shoe were on the other foot and we were targeting Kemp we'd scoff at anything more than a 2nd rounder. It's about right for him. He's a late first round pick who's put some decent form together but nothing exceptional. Personally, I'd rather keep him than have a pick in the 30s for him. But, Austin has repeatedly said we want to hit this draft hard so I wouldn't be shocked by it.

I'd be mildly disappointed but I don't think losing Kemp would make a big difference to our year next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back