Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy only wants to play as a pure midfielder.......how many times are people going to have to say this?

Fans keep saying "i'd play him as a forward".........he doesn't want that.

He's not going to play as a pure mid at the dogs. Similar to position as he was to us.

I think he's going there for the 3 year contract to be honest. If he spends next year on the fringes of our team he probably doesn't get offered that again.

Maybe offer MK to Tiggies for 20. They need some mature big boys to help.

100% they do, only problem is he’d be 3rd tortoise in their midfield behind Taranto and Hopper. Good inside but deplorable outside the contest

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As fans we overrate our own players and underrate opposition players.

If the shoe were on the other foot and we were targeting Kemp we'd scoff at anything more than a 2nd rounder. It's about right for him. He's a late first round pick who's put some decent form together but nothing exceptional. Personally, I'd rather keep him than have a pick in the 30s for him. But, Austin has repeatedly said we want to hit this draft hard so I wouldn't be shocked by it.

I'd be mildly disappointed but I don't think losing Kemp would make a big difference to our year next year.
I think he has upside especially if we play him forward, and he’s contracted. A second rounder does not cut the mustard in any way, shape or form.

Shai Bolton benefited from playing behind Dusty as mid/fwd at the tigers - he doesn't have the mental fortitude to be the main guy

Why does every rumour of a player going elsewhere lead to the Tin Foil Hat Brigade saying it’s because Voss doesn’t rate them? The Kemp things seems to be completely SOS driven, nothing to do with the club or player. And he’s clearly gettable for the right price
Gets dropped a lot (kept choosing the 2024 version of Marchbank over him)
, dumped on the bench, put on the wrong opposition players... doesn't seem to be managed all that well..

We’ve dropped Kemp multiple times. We still don’t know where his best position is (we argue about it enough on here). And more than one person with close contacts to the club has consistently reported the coaching group have been frustrated with his efforts at following team instructions.

To me, that smacks of a player that the powers-that-be would think is expendable for the right price.

Other clubs get wind of that sort of thing.

I still think EP was telling us in a cryptic way yesterday that Kemp will be traded. But I can only be wrong.

Reactions to Kemp are massively overblown. He likely isn't in our best 22 next year if everyones fit.

Depth yes, but we can replace what they bring fairly easily imo.

If it helps us acquire other targets I'm all for the ruthless cleanout Austin is doing. Might set us back slightly for 12 months but guarantee we're better for it

I just feel we've buggered around for the best part of three years trying to make him something he's not... (defender).

Now that he's shown glimpses of being a useful, marking third forward we should at least allow him twelve months in this role.

He is 23yo, we paid #18 for him, we've put all the time & development into him, reads the ball well in the air & has elite hands...i thought we could use him as the high half forward lead up option that gets us out of trouble when we're coming out of defence.

I'm just not convinced we've seen anywhere near his ceiling.

Would have to be a pick between 18-25 to get me keen.

If the Riolo deal goes through as expected they will have 7 first round picks (1,6,10,11,18,20,23) and pick 24

Wow
Tigers are really venturing into early GCS?GWS territory here. For a side that won 2 game a trading out 3 top 10 players is really really throwing the recruits to the wolves. Put them down for wooden spooners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I called up the Captain
Said please bring me my wine
He said
We haven't had that Spirit here since 1966.

BigFooty is my Hotel California.

I can check out any time I like, but I can never leave....

Gets dropped a lot, dumped on the bench, put on the wrong opposition players... doesn't seem to be managed all that well..
Played 38 games in the last 2 years. 0 as sub, played 12 consecutive games last year, and only got dropped twice this year. “Wrong opposition players”. That’s a completely subjective argument

Reactions to Kemp are massively overblown. He likely isn't in our best 22 next year if everyones fit.

Depth yes, but we can replace what they bring fairly easily imo.

If it helps us acquire other targets I'm all for the ruthless cleanout Austin is doing. Might set us back slightly for 12 months but guarantee we're better for it

Personally I’d be keeping Kemp unless a really good offer comes back.

Excellent mark, big bodied, does need to improve decision making etc, but he’s still only 23 and has continually got better. Is versatile as well.

And we need depth, players are always injured. Added, he’s probably best 22 now anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should be looking for future picks for Kennedy and Kemp (if he is to go - I hope not). That would then give us the ability to trade back in on draft night if a player is still available that we want.

Currently we have no ability for live trading

Played 38 games in the last 2 years. 0 as sub, played 12 consecutive games last year, and only got dropped twice this year. “Wrong opposition players”. That’s a completely subjective argument
As you would've seen, he has been placed on gorillas half the time. ofcourse it is going to look nasty for him...

So anyone know how many list spots we have? (Assuming kennedy leaves, kemp stays, we keep pick 3 and get both campo boys)

Shai Bolton benefited from playing behind Dusty as mid/fwd at the tigers - he doesn't have the mental fortitude to be the main guy

Agreed.

He is a flashy player but not someone you can build a team around.

Shouldn't be an issue for freo though.

So anyone know how many list spots we have? (Assuming kennedy leaves, kemp stays, we keep pick 3 and get both campo boys)

Would be at least 4

Cuningham, Martin, owies, marchbank, and probably Kennedy off the main list.

Haynes takes one of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - 'Loopy' Gone Off The Rails

Remove this Banner Ad

Back