Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

We won’t be able to snag Oliver and Saad without giving up a player or 2

Stocker and SPS with the greater currency
Dow, Kennedy and LOB have some to the right club

First rounders this and next year gone. Maybe a second this year also....Interesting times.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, 100% this. They are the same five players I listed as being expendable but potentially attractive to other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yup the group of players you mention are expendable and if interesting offers are made trade. Furthermore Dow & McGov. underperforming, and Curnow & Marchbank that just can’t get on the park, collectively create a difficult situation for the club. That’s 9 young players with potential that are just not accessible to the team for one reason or an other.
I‘d treat cautiously this trade period, Williams is a great addition, if nothing more fine , end 2021 campaign take action and full review.

Interesting to note that Barbazza's sources inside the club are saying boo on the Oliver / big fish talk.

I reckon this is b/c the club is playing things far closer to their chest than previous years (change of team maybe).

Coming out publicly with the Oliver news (from either side) could have pretty bad ramifications - probably why the Wines thing was so hush hush last year. If it doesn't eventuate, no harm no foul.

Gives us a better chance of getting it done behind closed doors, too - without the media circus on our backs (more than they already are).

Love how supportive Gil is and always has been of GWS stars leaving Sydney 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

Gill on Coniglio leaving the Giants for Carlton - “I’m a romantic, I’d prefer him to stay”

Gill on Cameron leaving the Giants for Geelong - “That is free agency & it's a credit to Geelong”

HYPOCRITE! :rage:

Can't help but think that Melbourne are prepared to let this happen because their demand will be Harry McKay or GTFO
Melbourne don't lose. They either hold a gun midfielder to his contract, or get exactly the profile of player they are lacking.
Picks aren't gonna get this done. And I think we are kidding ourselves to think any combination of SPS, Dow, Stocker gets it done either

They hold on to a player that doesn't want to be there, and that is having issues with another one of their guns who has just signed a 5 year contract.
I think they lose a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gill on Coniglio leaving the Giants for Carlton - “I’m a romantic, I’d prefer him to stay”

Gill on Cameron leaving the Giants for Geelong - “That is free agency & it's a credit to Geelong”

HYPOCRITE!

my his makes me so angry with the AFL. Bunch of buddy buddy hypocrites.

JSOS or Kennedy?
Mate would you take Fritsch in a trade for Cripps?
Carlton Supporters seriously need to get their heads out of their asses. Melbourne are in the box seat for a contracted, AA pedigree player

If you believe the other rumour, if Melbourne get Wines this would largely offset them losing Oliver.

One thing saying, "If you can get me across, I'll come" and a much more difficult thing getting a deal done.
All looks so very difficult on face value, unless Melbourne an Oliver have hit an impasse.

The Viney contract though just somehow makes the whole idea somewhat more feasible.
Maybe Wines wanted to know that Viney won't be picked up elsewhere before he weighed up the idea of coming to Melbourne.

Still though - A senior player going to a club because your mate plays there, is a weird thing....Isn't it?

So do we need another "itk" to confirm it first or can we start the welcome to Carlton Clayton Oliver thread yet?

One thing saying, "If you can get me across, I'll come" and a much more difficult thing getting a deal done.
All looks so very difficult on face value, unless Melbourne an Oliver have hit an impasse.

The Viney contract though just somehow makes the whole idea somewhat more feasible.
Maybe Wines wanted to know that Viney won't be picked up elsewhere before he weighed up the idea of coming to Melbourne.

Still though - A senior player going to a club because your mate plays there, is a weird thing....Isn't it?
Maybe that's just the bonus, being back home was your main reason but getting to play with your best mate makes it even better.

Dodoro is the kind of guy that would Use a cucumber to check his prostate

He would negotiate a minimum second rounder for the cucumbers privilege though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back