Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Conspiracy theory....hear me out

DeGoey (or his management) approach us and ask if we are keen. We say “yea sure” knowing full well we don’t have the currency to snag him as we have our hands full already.

This ultimately pushes up his price and keeps Collingwood’s cap tight

Meanwhile we leak our interest to the media who have a field day with it and all of a sudden everyone stops talking about Saad and Dodo

Easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only 1 minor issue, we approached him

McGovern is suffering the same issue As a lot of small/medium forwards.

they’re more a reflection of how a team is going rather than match winners themselves.

When we’re motoring nicely so will he.

Papley is a bit different and that’s why I love him.

We won the 3rd (approx) most quarters in the comp.

He's just trash getting by on name and potential, respectfully of course.

Not sure you're a fan of Pitto since you've excluded him from the conversation for TDK but actually he's the perfect kind of ruck to fit your point.
As long as you have a combative, physical ruck who plays his role it's all you really need rather than a 'superstar' ruck.

Brisbane - Martin
Port - Lycett
Richmond - Nankervis
Hawks winning premierships with McEvoy.

They're just good, solid, physical rucks. Pitto has shown some good stuff this year in that sense...let's not forget he's only 24 and played like 18 games...still very young for a ruckman and could really improve over the next few years. Has shown to be a pretty good mark actually...not so much in terms of goals but he can improve in that area. Besides TDK didn't actually show much as a forward at AFL level this year either.

He could absolutely be the ruck we're after.

Lycett, McEvoy, Nanks are all dangerous when resting forward, I just don't see that in Pitto, at the moment

Not sure Collingwood will be looking at putting more money into De Goey.

I don't think De Goey's worth more than $650k given his inconsistency. He can win games off his own boot but there's plenty of games inbetween where he doesn't have much impact. And he doesn't bring any other benefits like 'leadership'.

On Lycett, speaking to a former coach of his (at junior level) the quote was roughly “best hands below his knees for a big bloke I’ve ever seen”. He’s not far off being as good as it gets as far as ruckman go, but I still agree with the bowman in regards to “elite” ruckman being an unnecessary piece of the puzzle.

Pitt is solid, TDK has versatility. TBH, I’d rather just play TDK and get Charlie (taboo I know) or Harry to chop out occasionally. Injuries to rucks (in the contest) seem to be diminishing as they focus their intensity on around the ground efforts rather than the centre tap outs.

Interestingly, Rohan and Gov are very similar

Both injury prone, both have xfactor, speed, high leap/marking, very good kicks

Both struggled for consistency early, especially in poorer sides

There is still time

Gov was actually decent in the first 6 rounds or so this year...or at least was certainly improving. His first 2 years have certainly been underwhelming but there's still hope he'll come good.

Interestingly, Rohan and Gov are very similar

Both injury prone, both have xfactor, speed, high leap/marking, very good kicks

Both struggled for consistency early, especially in poorer sides

There is still time
Could Gov be our answer as a 2nd ruck to backup TDK? I recall him doing a bit in round 1 to give Cas a chop out after Kreuz went down.

He has a good leap, it would help get him into games and it would keep both H and Charlie in forward 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies were flat as.The travel had to have an effect tonight.Played their grannie last week.Hard to gauge on tonight’s performance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
nup - no salvaging anything from this - tough season for all - they are old, fragmented, disillusioned, tough to coach and in desperate need of a rebuild.....

Could Gov be our answer as a 2nd ruck to backup TDK? I recall him doing a bit in round 1 to give Cas a chop out after Kreuz went down.

He has a good leap, it would help get him into games and it would keep both H and Charlie in forward 50.

Maybe a bit up forward, but I wouldn't use it as a tactic at centre bounces or around the ground

Although, I think McIntosh chopped out Nanks on the weekend

Maybe a bit up forward, but I wouldn't use it as a tactic at centre bounces or around the ground

Although, I think McIntosh chopped out Nanks on the weekend
I was suggesting around the ground. He can drop in the hole down back, and if rucking against a McIntosh/Dunkley type he can drag them forward and try create a mismatch.

Just a thought to avoid us playing both Pit and TDK.

for anyone who gives a sh*t

Massive if true, I disagree with anyone who says he isn't worth at least $800k. You put him in a Forward line with two other highly talented talls (Curnow / McKay) and a mismatch is bound to be created. De Goey is already a huge mismatch for most mid-size defenders as he is incredibly strong overhead, he's also very agile and can pick it up off of his toes which makes him a headache for talls.

You add that to a forward line like ours and it means that either De Goey, Curnow or McKay ends up with the 3rd best defender, either way - that's a problem for opposition teams. De Goey can also come into the middle / up the ground.

Doesn’t degoey manage himself got advice to show interest to pump his price
Can’t see him and McGovern in the same forward line working
Did nothing tonight I’d rather back McGovern get a solid mid or hold our powder for next year see what our new additions can do then get the cherry

Guys, Just After JDG, signed contract last time around, prior to the filth's final series whilst he was injured we flew him Interstate wined dine him and put the hard word on him to request a trade and examined the possibility of him coming across when his contract expires.

I dont know how to call up old posts, I am not or profess to be an ITK poster, and as a result with info like this I was smashed by a few posters (JDG is friend of my aunties pet budgie he will never leave pies etc.), had a couple posters and a mod PM me on the issue . My source wasn't to happy I let the cat out of the bag and since I have been sworn to silence. My parting comments were if he doesn't come across that trade period he will consider us once his contract expires.

My source was very strong, however i have not chased the subject up this time nor do i intend to. My comments at the time clearly indicated this was going to eventuate.
Thanks

Massive if true, I disagree with anyone who says he isn't worth at least $800k. You put him in a Forward line with two other highly talented talls (Curnow / McKay) and a mismatch is bound to be created. De Goey is already a huge mismatch for most mid-size defenders as he is incredibly strong overhead, he's also very agile and can pick it up off of his toes which makes him a headache for talls.

You add that to a forward line like ours and it means that either De Goey, Curnow or McKay ends up with the 3rd best defender, either way - that's a problem for opposition teams. De Goey can also come into the middle / up the ground.
McGovern also gets the 5th/6th defender..dynamic forward line.
39E602A3-BBA0-4E87-B4CC-405B039C98B4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back