Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i find the lack of commentary on * failing to get dunkley hilarious in light of what was said about saad.

I thought that if you tried to attract a player you had a responsibility to get them accros the line. Classic Dodoro wasting everyone's time.

No, that only applies when players are out of contract and supposed to be canvassing offers.

That rule doesn't apply when you are trying to poach a guy who is contractually obligated to stay at his current club...

;)

Kemp and Dow have really attached themselves to Walshy and I love it.

Honey, Kemp, Philp will be the first crop IIRC that will be developed under O'Keefe and Luke Power. Have high hopes for the new system and win focus culture.

Do they know what they're in for? :)
I'd never seen a first year player work so hard in the manner Walsh did in his first year......not even close.

So we didn't lose JSilvagni, O'Brien, Macreadie or Kennedy............good.

They did happydude.

Disgraceful vile Filth of a Club. :thumbsdown:

Sickening really Aph.

Really hope Treloar goes on to have a great career at the Dogs and Kim at The Firebirds.

Eddie and the toxic, neamtherthal culture he has instilled at Collingwood reminds me of John Elliott and us (esp at the twilight of Pig's Ass's Presidency)

Every one seemed to laugh at Lumumba for suing Collingwood for discrimination and creating a hostile work environment, reckon he is vindicated now.

Would basically give * another chance to nab Dunkley. Be handy if it were in Jan/Feb and we had access to 2022 picks #Oliver
Thats why I think it could happen. It's completely unprofessional for the AFL to hold a trade period without any clear guidance on salary cap or list sizes.

The changes give them scope to either allow player trading on draft night (common in US sports), and even have a second trade period in the lead into the season proper.

People comparing SOS 2015, to Dodo 2020 in terms of draft capital.

Players lost that had some form of value and or continued their careers

2015 - Henderson, Menzel, Yarran, Bell, Hollman

2020 - Daniher, Saad, Fantasia, McKenna, McKernan

2015 v 2020 are similar in the way of KPP's but the biggest difference is the lack of exposure this year across the draft

* don't have a pointy end pick, that's not to say they can't unearth a Weitering, but it is harder. Only benefit they have is being able to take 3 selections in a row, which enables them to add balance of needs
True, but the Carlton players were not of the same quality of the * players apart from Henderson and Yarran (who at the time was dealing with his own demons and not the player we all know he could be). The others were lucky to play seniors or overrated.

Daniher, saad, Fantasia and McKenna are guns when fit and Mckernan wasn't too bad.

Why do I get the feeling that the acrimony on a few fronts will change the landscape between players and clubs?

Collingwood hasn't helped much in that regard. Carlton, on the other hand, has made us a target destination for the disaffected.

i find the lack of commentary on * failing to get dunkley hilarious in light of what was said about saad.

I thought that if you tried to attract a player you had a responsibility to get them accros the line. Classic Dodoro wasting everyone's time.

Dodo is a clown but what is annoying is that the media always find excuses for him and practically never say anything negative.

The guy hasn't got a strategy behind anything he does. Nobody seemed to be second-guessing chasing Dunkley when they haven't got a notable key position player on the list under 30. 2M Peter and James Stewart are B graders at best - and Hooker & Hurley are pretty much done. Yet they're chasing yet another mid?

EDIT: Haha - just saw Arr0w 's post with basically the same comparison

Essendon just kicked off a 5 year plan like Carlton did in 2015, but don't realise it yet:
Outs:
Henderson - Daniher
Yarran - Saad
Menzel - Fantasia
Bell - McKenna (retired)
Ins (speculative):
Plowman, Lamb, Phillips and Sumner - Caldwell, Wright, Hind
Picks: 1, 8, 11, 19, 59, 60, 113 (7132pts) - 6, 7, 8, 44, 67, 74, 85, 87 (5377 pts)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a w***er Walsh is:

“I really can’t let Jaidyn’s comments be etched in history as the version of what he said. I’m not saying he’s being mischievous or anything. Certainly throughout the year on a number of occasions Jaidyn was spoken to by both teammates and coaches and administration about what he needed to do to become or get back to the football that he briefly displayed in his first year.

He was the toast of the town, and Collingwood, in his 1st year - what 38 goals or the like?

Do they know what they're in for? :)
I'd never seen a first year player work so hard in the manner Walsh did in his first year......not even close.

So we didn't lose JSilvagni, O'Brien, Macreadie or Kennedy............good.

Think it's great that the 'group' was very largely retained.

The fallout from what Collingwood did last evening will reverberate through that Club, its players and supporters for a decade.

I kid you not, that was an abject disaster.

Did anyone else raise their eyebrows that it appeared three deals - two of which were Dodo's - appeared to occur well after the 7.30pm deadline?

I was watching the allegedly live AFL Trade Tracker and I reckon the Hind deal turned up close to 8pm.

No way would SOS or Austin have been allowed such largesse by the AFL.

They're a joke.

True, but the Carlton players were not of the same quality of the * players apart from Henderson and Yarran (who at the time was dealing with his own demons and not the player we all know he could be). The others were lucky to play seniors or overrated.

Daniher, saad, Fantasia and McKenna are guns when fit and Mckernan wasn't too bad.

It's exactly what I wanted to highlight

The quality of the departing * players is collectively stronger than ours

The value * got back was also better, but how will they use it

Dodo is a clown but what is annoying is that the media always find excuses for him and practically never say anything negative.

The guy hasn't got a strategy behind anything he does. Nobody seemed to be second-guessing chasing Dunkley when they haven't got a notable key position player on the list under 30. 2M Peter and James Stewart are B graders at best - and Hooker & Hurley are pretty much done. Yet they're chasing yet another mid?

2M Peter and Stewart - on exposed form - are C graders currently. And barely that.

This was the perfect year to bring in a readymade player and ignore the draft, and Essendon failed on that front.

If Dunkley was 27 I'd agree the Bombers did the right thing in not sacrificing multiple firsts, but he's 23! He'd have been a presence at the stoppages for the next decade.

Now the Bombers are likely the languish down the bottom for a few years, and Merrett wont want to stick around. I think we'd be silently very happy Essendon didn't stump of the picks, as they aren't going to be anymore competitive next year having lost 2 of their 3 best players.

I suspect we will be in very close contact with Merrett's manager next year, but most importantly we have to make the finals to show some concrete progression to sell to any other OOC players.
I would put a line through Merrett Already.. Dealing with Dodo, he would want 3 top 10 picks for him and it would be a disaster trying to get him in the door.. id pass on that aggravation...

Sickening really Aph.

Really hope Treloar goes on to have a great career at the Dogs and Kim at The Firebirds.

Eddie and the toxic, neamtherthal culture he has instilled at Collingwood reminds me of John Elliott and us (esp at the twilight of Pig's Ass's Presidency)

Every one seemed to laugh at Lumumba for suing Collingwood for discrimination and creating a hostile work environment, reckon he is vindicated now.

This

Kemp and Dow have really attached themselves to Walshy and I love it.

Honey, Kemp, Philp will be the first crop IIRC that will be developed under O'Keefe and Luke Power. Have high hopes for the new system and win focus culture.
Setterfield too. I read an article the other day about Walsh and Setters talking about how they are genuine “besties” and do everything together.

* board think they’ve won Trade Period. Good on them.
The flash in the pan cup.
f83e2132b03f76a91bcb575066ed432a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back