Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would put a line through Merrett Already.. Dealing with Dodo, he would want 3 top 10 picks for him and it would be a disaster trying to get him in the door.. id pass on that aggravation...

We will have to overpay again, but it won't prohibit us from obtaining Merrett. Dodo will make ridiculous demands, we will find a middle-ground that slightly favours the Bombers, but that'd be it.

Did anyone else raise their eyebrows that it appeared three deals - two of which were Dodo's - appeared to occur well after the 7.30pm deadline?

I was watching the allegedly live AFL Trade Tracker and I reckon the Hind deal turned up close to 8pm.

No way would SOS or Austin have been allowed such largesse by the AFL.

They're a joke.

Did anyone else raise their eyebrows that it appeared three deals - two of which were Dodo's - appeared to occur well after the 7.30pm deadline?

I was watching the allegedly live AFL Trade Tracker and I reckon the Hind deal turned up close to 8pm.

They're a joke.

Not their fault. The emails got stuck in the fax machine.

Would basically give * another chance to nab Dunkley. Be handy if it were in Jan/Feb and we had access to 2022 picks #Oliver

The latest from SEN here on a potential second draft period.

yes, aware of the email 'rule' - cheers.

Still very dodgy imo.

Again AFL bending rules to suit the Bombers.

Caldwell trade sounded like two managers was saying was a two way while another club was saying it was a three way.

Carlton should request an audit!

It's exactly what I wanted to highlight

The quality of the departing * players is collectively stronger than ours

The value * got back was also better, but how will they use it

Yep totally agree.

Big losses for them. Huge impact.

Literally all clubs got their business done in time bar * so they'd be the ONLY ones that would benefit as things stand from another period.

Cats would be fuming as could've then had a few more weeks to negotiate and work picks around to get Cameron without 3 x firsts.

If its pre-2021, Oliver will still be off presumably.

* are the AFL's lovechild and I just don't understand it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone here know if there is any delisted Free Agents we are looking at ?

Glad trade week is finally over, but now I find myself yearning for more rumours and gossip lol
Probably not with list sizes, though it will be interesting as there will be some decent talent that's cut. North will presumably have space for a couple of delisted FA and if they choose well could get a couple of handy players/prospects that will help their rebuild along nicely, even if just to provide that season body to take the heat off their kids.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They're a joke.
y

yes, aware of the email 'rule' - cheers.

Still very dodgy imo.
It's the digital version of the rule that's always been in place, if the completed paperwork is submitted before the deadline, it is accepted.

Enjoy your conspiracy though!

No, that only applies when players are out of contract and supposed to be canvassing offers.

That rule doesn't apply when you are trying to poach a guy who is contractually obligated to stay at his current club...

;)
You joke, but I legit think that would be his thought process...

The latest from SEN here on a potential second draft period.

Again AFL bending rules to suit the Bombers.

Caldwell trade sounded like two managers was saying was a two way while another club was saying it was a three way.

Carlton should request an audit!

"It's very bad, very bad. We need to count all the legal trades... and not count all of the illegal trades..."

They aren’t going to use it, they have 7 picks higher to use already.
They do the deal and the optics continue that they’ll fold.
IMO the right choice not to

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A pick at 40 is still just that, a decent pick, it gives you a lot more flexibility to trade up the order, I think they have pick 44, add 40 to that and you could maybe move up to pick 35, package another pick to get higher.

Its totally different say if Hately wanted to go to Essendon, the PSD holds uncertainty if you have to get past 5-6 clubs, not when the club you’re going to has the first pick.

If they took pick 40, they could have traded some current picks for next year, just me personally I dont understand the idea that nothing is better than something (pick 40)

Good business for them. They don't need the pick and they look strong in how they value their player. Fold on Hately's value and they wouldn't have got value for Caldwell because Essendon can easily compare the two. If clubs keep walking their players to the PSD, the AFL would eventually change something. It's a nice little token gesture they've taken IMO.

A third round pick is pretty good currency, especially the first pick of the third round, it was just mentioned to me that the Giants wouldn’t use it, I disagree, package it, bundle it, move up 5 spots, package again and move up 5 spots, take the pick, give it away to someone else and earn some points from another club.

Now adelaide get him for free and the Crows can now use pick 40 to trade up the order, I am always of the believe that something is better than nothing.

How funny is Essendon? They go to the trouble of convincing a gun inside mid (which they have desperately needed for 5 years) with two years to go on his contract to come to them, they have 3 first rounders and a future first at their disposal. And they hold out to try and win the trade. Laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back