Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love these so called experts, more like carlton haters. We add two a graders and a promising kid who’s only 21 and they label our period a B. Just have to laugh

I think B is a fair assessment.

Saad is the only A grader imo and he's a half back.

Williams is still an unknown as a full time onballer and I don't think he was as consistent in perormance and remaining healthy as Saad.

Fogarty has a bit of work to do to make the 22.

We were also left with little draft capital.

Williams is still an unknown as a full time onballer and I don't think he was as consistent in perormance and remaining healthy as Saad.

Trust me a fit Williams is an A grader. True he hasn't played a lot of mid but the games he has were exciting (just ask Collingwood supporters) and his attributes complement what we need perfectly.

I knew I recognised Ned Guy from somewhere.

woo hoo big summer blowout! - Big Summer blowout | Meme Generator

Trust me a fit Williams is an A grader. True he hasn't played a lot of mid but the games he has were exciting (just ask Collingwood supporters) and his attributes complement what we need perfectly.

It was one game in the midfield he stood out.

Needs to be a season long strong of performances before he elevates to an A grader.

B is still a decent grade.

Omg...Treloar confirming Buckley DID say to him that other senior Collingwood players don't want him around...and is saying that they were up for a fight to push him out. They weren't just pushing him out the door, they were putting up barricades once he had a foot out.

So that response from Buckley to Edmund who broke the story was a lie. Edmund said he was sticking with his story and he was right. Collingwood full of lies and spin right now.

Very interesting.....
Surprise surprise the AFL making up the rules as they go along. They could have finalised tpp and list numbers prior to draft. If there is another trade window prior to final list lodgement then they planned it. Great marketing tool keeping all front and centre in summer.
Having said that if we could now bring in Oliver bring it on Gil

Why ? This applies to everyone, don't think there is anything dodgy about that.

It's 2020, when something doesn't go the way you want it to, it's obviously dodgy. It's also the era of conspiracy theories.

Considering the year that we have had we're lucky to have seen things run as well as they have this year.

Nobody said they were smart.
They got lucky with the Daniher compo thanks to the bias generosity of the AFL and still held out on a desperate need for them.
No doubt they’ll pick up some exciting young players but there goes 3 years before reaping any rewards....illogical thinking really

It only makes sense if they understand they aren't in the window and can therefore be patient when bringing in new talent.

Running a trade period without finalizing list spots and or TPP, never made sense, running another period after they finalize it, does

Should have been communicated beforehand.

Maybe it was, to the clubs (privately).

I can imagine that a club like Collingwood might be peeved that they ended up letting Phillips go for 65 when they could have perhaps worked out something different at a later date once they had the Treloar picks.

Just looks real ordinary having a firm trade deadline, having clubs using that deadline to apply pressure on deals...only to add an extra trade window not long after the fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omg...Treloar confirming Buckley DID say to him that other senior Collingwood players don't want him around...and is saying that they were up for a fight to push him out. They weren't just pushing him out the door, they were putting up barricades once he had a foot out.

So that response from Buckley to Edmund who broke the story was a lie. Edmund said he was sticking with his story and he was right. Collingwood full of lies and spin right now.

He-said/he-said stuff here.

Collingwood seem to be implying that when they broached his wife's move to QLD, Treloar intimated he may look at what options were around. Maybe he did, but maybe they saw an opportunity and then tried to force his hand.

I can imagine that a club like Collingwood might be peeved that they ended up letting Phillips go for 65 when they could have perhaps worked out something different at a later date once they had the Treloar picks.

Just looks real ordinary having a firm trade deadline, having clubs using that deadline to apply pressure on deals...only to add an extra trade window not long after the fact.
Yeah it is ridiculous that people have made time critical decisions only to find out that they could have had extra time.

this draft is a crap shoot - if you going to have a poor hand in a draft - its this one

He-said/he-said stuff here.

Collingwood seem to be implying that when they broached his wife's move to QLD, Treloar intimated he may look at what options were around. Maybe he did, but maybe they saw an opportunity and then tried to force his hand.

From what we've seen in the last few days from Ned Guy, Geoff Walsh and Collingwood hierarchy, it's pretty clear they are the ones spinning bs. Both Stephenson and Treloar spoke of their surprise and hurt to be pushed out the door...both recently extended their contracts...

So which horse are we backing for the draft? Walsh junior? Reckon having his little bro with us would help him adjust and bloom not unlike Charlie and Ed.

I don't disagree, really unprofessional to even attempt a trade period with certain items being nailed down

I don't think it would have changed the nature of the deals, even with the Pies, as they would have known for some time they had cap space issues and other clubs already knew, if you consider the rumour from one of the ITK.

Some clubs will still need to reduce numbers, once list sizes are official. They may have been able to trade some players, rather than a straight delist.

The downgrade of picks from 30 to 38 for Fogarty was actually genius by Austin.

Hadn’t looked too much into the academy players and picks tied to those clubs until now.

6 of the 7 picks between 31 -37 are tied to clubs (WB, Syd, Port, Freo, GS) with academy players that will likely get bid on earlier in the draft.

So 38 could drop to 31 or 32 - so basically cost us bugger all.

Well done Austin!

Austin seems to have a bit of Wells about him in that he’s willing to pay a little more to deliver the target, rather than be hardline on a deal like Dodoro and SOS.

Targeted players might be more confident with Austin in charge of trading.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For a person who has spoken about his mental health and his anxiety issue publicly, this is a massive blow to him. Jesus Christ Collingwood. Way to destroy someone's trust.

Who the hell would want to play at that s**tstain of a club if that’s the way they treat each other and it’s employees?

Would be seriously put off going there in the foreseeable future if I were a current AFL player. Shocking.

Austin seems to have a bit of Wells about him in that he’s willing to pay a little more to deliver the target, rather than be hardline on a deal like Dodoro and SOS.
Targeted players might be more confident with Austin in charge of trading.

Yes. That's not going to please everyone, but if each target makes for significant improvement to our squad, no-one will be complaining.
We know what we're going to get from Saad and Williams and they both make us immediately better.

On the other hand Essendon got Caldwell and paid good money to get a somewhat unproven player.
He may become a wonderful player in time, but is he what Essendon needed? I don't see it. They wanted that big-bodied mid and got a ~180cm player to tack onto other ~180cm mids, in: Shiel, Merrett, McGrath, Smith, Parish and Ham. In fact at 183cm Caldwell is now their tallest starting midfielder.
Height isn't everything but The Dons didn't get what they really needed most.

As you say....we got our premium targets....and Essendon just let their premium target down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back