Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wishy washy about it, Opie - like all corporate social responsibility initiatives the bottom line is $$$ - in this case a PR campaign to address an identified shortfall in female fan engagement
;)

Im not a big fan of Lloyd but this isn’t true.

SOS 4 years as an assistanot, 9 years as list manager.

Lloyd 8 years as a player manager, 11 years as recruiting manager and list manager, Lloyd also has a business degree and was on the establishment committee to set up the a giants for the AFL

Im not sure how people think Lloyd wasn’t experienced for the role, yet SOS is, when Lloyd has had a lot more experience in the management side of things.

Why does no training wheels only apply to penople who aren’t club legends?

Two reasons I reckon..
1. It doesn't fit their narrative.
2. Everything here is opinion based. 95% of us, me included have no ****ing idea what happens at clubland.

The question mark means I'm putting it forward as a fact?
Really, that's what a question mark means to you?

No, I guess what I'm saying is the question mark should have been behind all names. You do not know what there involvement was and you do not know anything but what you have heard from one side of that saga.

No, I guess what I'm saying is the question mark should have been behind all names. You do not know what there involvement was and you do not know anything but what you have heard from one side of that saga.

You think there's a question mark that Liddle, Lloyd and Teague clashed with SOS?

How did he end up losing his job?

Two reasons I reckon..
1. It doesn't fit their narrative.
2. Everything here is opinion based. 95% of us, me included have no ******* idea what happens at clubland.

That should be included in the big footy welcome pack. Welcome to big footy. Post as much dribble as you like because 95% of us, including you, have NFI.

Without getting in to a debate with you, regarding his previous role, as I don’t think he kicked arse, I am only getting frustrated at posters criticisms of certain employees being inexperienced, using it as a stick to whack them, then not having any issues with bringing in someone else, with no experience in the role.
I’d feel extremely relaxed if SOS is beside Austin (as FM) in a months time meeting with Bell to discuss Cerra; and that’s despite any disparity in experience which may or may not exist.

Oh it must be frustrating for the media not having any definitive answers coming out of the club,just speculation.

Love it.

Nah, the media would prefer no definitive answers from the club.

Means they can just make stuff up.

I think this would make Austin's position awkward if not untenable.
I see your point, although I think it’d work ok for a LM and FM to work together on deals. The expertise of one can compliment the other provided Austin gets to make decisions on which players etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Good list management processes are now in place…..” absolute BS.
Have nothing against the three players, all will come good, but lengthy, significant contracts taking Saad to 31 and Cripps and Williams to 32 are each potentially an albatross around our neck, let alone having all three.

Surely those agreeing with the Liddle SOS “assassination” have enough grey matter to see it for what it is. SOS did a fantastic job bringing our TPP back under control and it was undone the very next year. Some see what they want to see.
SOS was going to go down the exact same path eg Coniglio on a longer and bigger deal then Cripps. No way in hell I could imagine SOS letting Cripps walk and go into our seventh season of a rebuild with only one good AFL level mid in Walsh. SOS also over paid the likes of Marchbank, Setterfield, Pickett on potential like we did Williams and atleast we have a player in Williams and let’s not forget paying good money to Fasolo for two seasons. You could argue we spent money in the wrong area (HB) which I agree it now seems likely one of Saad or Williams would’ve been enough but if you take both out then a rebounding defender would be one of our biggest needs.
We also would have to replace these guys and once you do that the actual difference in salary cap room isn’t anywhere near as significant.

We’re in desperate need of a Bluemour here.. we’ve come to a grinding halt
Well heard a whisper that Bontempelli wants out and has requested a trade to Carlton.

Should make KohPhi happy... will also offset losing Walsh if he decides leave

I see your point, although I think it’d work ok for a LM and FM to work together on deals. The expertise of one can compliment the other provided Austin gets to make decisions on which players etc
I expect we'll follow the trend and have separate FM for "talent" and "performance". Unlikely the review won't have recommended that given our situation.

Regardless, how all these roles interact depends on the line of command. If the LM is direct report to the FM them the FM effectively has to sign off (endorse) the LM decisions.
So nothing would go through against his wishes.
Having said that, if the FM reports to the CEO then the buck stops with him.

I expect we'll follow the trend and have separate FM for "talent" and "performance". Unlikely the review won't have recommended that given our situation.

Regardless, how all these roles interact depends on the line of command. If the LM is direct report to the FM them the FM effectively has to sign off (endorse) the LM decisions.
So nothing would go through against his wishes.
Having said that, if the FM reports to the CEO then the buck stops with him.

You would think that FM - Talent would essentially be the same as Head of List Management, so if we went that way, you would think Austin would take the role (as a promotion?), or it would be a demotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back