Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that FM - Talent would essentially be the same as Head of List Management, so if we went that way, you would think Austin would take the role (as a promotion?), or it would be a demotion.
Similarly Russell would be logical on the FM Performance side.
Would either end up with more direct reports than current? IE do their current colleagues report to them or Lloyd?

Anyway if the nett result is removing Lloyd and having two subordinates share his responsibility are we better off?

Ok. What's on the Talent side other than recruitment? Development?

I would look at Talent as the WHO to recruit/keep
  • Drafting
  • Trading
  • List management
  • Salary cap management
Performance is the WHAT to do with them
  • Coaching
  • Training
  • Fitness
  • Facilities
  • Player welfare
  • Player psychology
  • Player work/life balance
That's my best guess...

I would look at Talent as the WHO to recruit/keep
  • Drafting
  • Trading
  • List management
  • Salary cap management
Performance is the WHAT to do with them
  • Coaching
  • Training
  • Fitness
  • Facilities
  • Player welfare
  • Player psychology
  • Player work/life balance
That's my best guess...
So which of the Talent functions does Austin currently undertake?
Do we see SOS potentially on the Talent or Performance side?

So which of the Talent functions does Austin currently undertake?
Do we see SOS potentially on the Talent or Performance side?

Austin purely talent side.
SOS started out on performance side (coaching) but has been on list management (talent) for past decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes please.

Still think SOS did a fantastic job with our list...it was absolutely shocking when he took over. Our young talent was Jaksch, Watson and Boekhorst at the time. Let that sink in.

He got our player payments in line and was tough and creative at the negotiating table. I think we all felt confident during trade period that SOS would get a good outcome...he does come across as an alpha male.

No doubt some misses like all list managers, but also no doubt our development of our young kids has been poor, as outlined in the review.

I reckon he'd be a good footy boss.
Lyon & SOS would compliment each other, fetishes notwithstanding. Not so sure SOS & Scott would see eye to eye on a lot of things..

Tomas Bugg - mailing list manager

I’d feel extremely relaxed if SOS is beside Austin (as FM) in a months time meeting with Bell to discuss Cerra; and that’s despite any disparity in experience which may or may not exist.

Considering that I think SOS did a good job at negotiating trades, I wouldn’t be opposed to him helping Austin during negotiations. If there was a proper process, looking for a football boss and he won, I’m open to it, if it’s because he’s mates with Ross, or Diesel or if it’s to appease supporters, then that’s different.

Ciaran Sheehan and ciaran Byrne - language/press consultants.

Considering that I think SOS did a good job at negotiating trades, I wouldn’t be opposed to him helping Austin during negotiations. If there was a proper process, looking for a football boss and he won, I’m open to it, if it’s because he’s mates with Ross, or Diesel or if it’s to appease supporters, then that’s different.
Unless there is another A1 Head of footy ready to come over, he is the perfect fit. Knows the club, helped recruit a lot of the players and would not take any time to get back into it. He got Ned Starked the first time by Liddle, it won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back