Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly do we know who is and isn’t a good assistant/line coach?

Or whether they work well and have chemistry with the to-be head coach?

I just feel whoever is making the decisions would have a better idea than our general ‘Vibe/feel’.

meh
Exactly, 1000%

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

[
In all seriousness, hiring Sos as HoF would be a solid troll move at this point.
Sos fans have been potting Lloyd for his inexperience: equally inexperienced Sos appointed.
The boys club/senior footy ops members fall out with Sos: fire Sos, then fire all the senior members of the footy ops team and then hire Sos to oversee the department.

Perhaps it's just my interpretation of it too but from reading Sayers press release regarding the review, I wouldn't be surprised if Sayers wasn't as rapt with sos' tenure as head of list management as some on here, either.

"Good list management processes are now in place, including detailed analysis undertaken to support list management and recruitment decisions."
“Good list management processes are now in place…..” absolute BS.
Have nothing against the three players, all will come good, but lengthy, significant contracts taking Saad to 31 and Cripps and Williams to 32 are each potentially an albatross around our neck, let alone having all three.

Surely those agreeing with the Liddle SOS “assassination” have enough grey matter to see it for what it is. SOS did a fantastic job bringing our TPP back under control and it was undone the very next year. Some see what they want to see.

Whether SOS would be a good Head of Football or not, it is not true that he is equally as inexperienced as Lloyd. He has way more experience, across roles/departments and clubs than Lloyd.

Im not a big fan of Lloyd but this isn’t true.

SOS 4 years as an assistanot, 9 years as list manager.

Lloyd 8 years as a player manager, 11 years as recruiting manager and list manager, Lloyd also has a business degree and was on the establishment committee to set up the a giants for the AFL

Im not sure how people think Lloyd wasn’t experienced for the role, yet SOS is, when Lloyd has had a lot more experience in the management side of things.

Why does no training wheels only apply to penople who aren’t club legends?

Is there such a thing as a "pure lockdown" back pocket these days? They're pretty much all utilised on the rebound, and in fact I'd go so far as to say that most AFL clubs these days recruit/develop specifically to get damaging ball users in that role rather than finding the "best" defenders.

FMD - if we need a “lockdown back pocket” I’d be drafting Dan Andrews................

Lloyd 8 years as a player manager, 11 years as recruiting manager and list manager, Lloyd also has a business degree and was on the establishment committee to set up the a giants for the AFL

Im not sure how people think Lloyd wasn’t experienced for the role, yet SOS is, when Lloyd has had a lot more experience in the management side of things.

SOS - 312 games over 16 years
Lloyd - 11 games over 2 years

SOS - 2002 - 2010 Assistant Coach at Collingwood, Sydney, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda (including 2 GF years)
Lloyd - player manager?

SOS - List Manager GWS 2011 - 2014, sets up the club from basically scratch, 2015 - 2019 Carlton GM of List Management and Strategy
Lloyd - 2008 - 2018 at Fremantle, starting as Recruiting Manager, last 2 years as GM of List Management

You cannot possibly think that Lloyd's 11 game career at Hawthorn, and 11 years within recruiting and list management at Freo is equal experience to SOS's career.

[
In all seriousness, hiring Sos as HoF would be a solid troll move at this point.
Sos fans have been potting Lloyd for his inexperience: equally inexperienced Sos appointed.
The boys club/senior footy ops members fall out with Sos: fire Sos, then fire all the senior members of the footy ops team and then hire Sos to oversee the department.

Perhaps it's just my interpretation of it too but from reading Sayers press release regarding the review, I wouldn't be surprised if Sayers wasn't as rapt with sos' tenure as head of list management as some on here, either.

"Good list management processes are now in place, including detailed analysis undertaken to support list management and recruitment decisions."

Correct. Those who continue to think that Liddle was the lone force behind the SOS removal are genuinely deluded.

It’s simple really; forget the uni degree nonsense, even though SOS is a qualified valuer, SOS has kicked ass and delivered in his previous role. The other bloke arguably hasn’t.

SOS - 312 games over 16 years
Lloyd - 11 games over 2 years

SOS - 2002 - 2010 Assistant Coach at Collingwood, Sydney, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda (including 2 GF years)
Lloyd - player manager?

SOS - List Manager GWS 2011 - 2014, sets up the club from basically scratch, 2015 - 2019 Carlton GM of List Management and Strategy
Lloyd - 2008 - 2018 at Fremantle, starting as Recruiting Manager, last 2 years as GM of List Management

You cannot possibly think that Lloyd's 11 game career at Hawthorn, and 11 years within recruiting and list management at Freo is equal experience to SOS's career.

Apologies, I understated SOSs assistant coaching experience.

Playing careers, and the quality of player has very little to do with, whether a person is a good manager, the position we are talking about is a managerial/admin position.

It might be a good role for SOS, but he would be inexperienced, just like the current guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies, I understated SOSs assistant coaching experience.

Playing careers, and the quality of player has very little to do with, whether a person is a good manager, the position we are talking about is a managerial/admin position.

It might be a good role for SOS, but he would be inexperienced, just like the current guy.

He would be inexperienced as a Head of Football, as he has yet to do it, the same as all first-time Heads of Football.
However he has vastly more experience, across all facets of football, than Lloyd did when he got the job.

I'm down for these new roles at the club. I'd like to add one, if I may.

Sticks Kernahan - Director, Entertainment and Events.
Dorotich - Manager, Car Parking

It’s simple really; forget the uni degree nonsense, even though SOS is a qualified valuer, SOS has kicked ass and delivered in his previous role. The other bloke arguably hasn’t.

Without getting in to a debate with you, regarding his previous role, as I don’t think he kicked arse, I am only getting frustrated at posters criticisms of certain employees being inexperienced, using it as a stick to whack them, then not having any issues with bringing in someone else, with no experience in the role.

Without getting in to a debate with you, regarding his previous role, as I don’t think he kicked arse, I am only getting frustrated at posters criticisms of certain employees being inexperienced, using it as a stick to whack them, then not having any issues with bringing in someone else, with no experience in the role.

A massive part of the problem seems to be not that a certain employee was inexperienced, but that all 3 of the most senior employees were all very inexperienced at the same time.

And that they clashed with a different employee who was very experienced in his role, and changed the whole direction that the Club was going in post 2015.

The fact that you put a question mark after Agresta leads me to think, like most on here, that you are merely guessing and putting that forward as a fact.

Really wish people would stop doing this.

The question mark means I'm putting it forward as a fact?
Really, that's what a question mark means to you?

Not sure why Harvey is being dismissed by anyone really - his first 2 coaching gigs were too short to really analyse.

Collingwood to me always seemed really well coached. They gutted a list and rebuilt the squad to within a point of a premiership within 7 years. Harvey isn’t a great orator but I can’t imagine Bucks would have kept him around for a decade if he wasn’t valuable.

The coaching panel should be judged as a whole when it’s finalised.

Also one you think can’t question is Ross Lyons hunger. To me he seems hell bent on coming back & having another crack. Don’t think he’d just be trying to get his mates jobs - he wants good operators.

Last edited:
Australians are inherently self-driven and institutionally mandated to adhere to acceptable standards of respect towards one another. Although a noble message, the CFC Respect program is wishy-washy and superfluous. Moreover, it’s implicitly disrespectful because it’s too broad and suggests that mainstream standards are inherently disrespectful. We need to get better with this sort of stuff.

Nothing wishy washy about it, Opie - like all corporate social responsibility initiatives the bottom line is $$$ - in this case a PR campaign to address an identified shortfall in female fan engagement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back