Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So why state you prefer the others than if you have zero idea of the qualities they would bring? Seems a very meh comment as you like to state.

Harvey would be a very positive appointment and would bring a wealth of knowledge. I dont see any reason what so ever to sh*t can the possibility for the sake of saying something.

Like shit canning our previous assistants without any knowledge of their capabilities

How can the club be seriously considering hiring assistants eg Harvey Hamil etc if they don't even know who the head coach is yet . All sounds like porky pies being turned in to articles to be turned into toilet paper to me..
unless they have already signed a coach and the rest of this nonsense is window dressing

[
Training wheels, jobs for mates and old Carlton, doesn’t apply, if it’s guys you like.
In all seriousness, hiring Sos as HoF would be a solid troll move at this point.
Sos fans have been potting Lloyd for his inexperience: equally inexperienced Sos appointed.
The boys club/senior footy ops members fall out with Sos: fire Sos, then fire all the senior members of the footy ops team and then hire Sos to oversee the department.

Perhaps it's just my interpretation of it too but from reading Sayers press release regarding the review, I wouldn't be surprised if Sayers wasn't as rapt with sos' tenure as head of list management as some on here, either.

"Good list management processes are now in place, including detailed analysis undertaken to support list management and recruitment decisions."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[
In all seriousness, hiring Sos as HoF would be a solid troll move at this point.
Sos fans have been potting Lloyd for his inexperience: equally inexperienced Sos appointed.
The boys club/senior footy ops members fall out with Sos: fire Sos, then fire all the senior members of the footy ops team and then hire Sos to oversee the department.

Perhaps it's just my interpretation of it too but from reading Sayers press release regarding the review, I wouldn't be surprised if Sayers wasn't as rapt with sos' tenure as head of list management as some on here, either.

"Good list management processes are now in place, including detailed analysis undertaken to support list management and recruitment decisions."
I agree SOS would be a disastrous appointment as HoF. From what the report albeit limited has stated plus what we have been through over last 5 years. Have we not learnt anything!!

Why’s that?

Champion player to mentor the midfielders, experienced assistant, with small amount of head coaching experience.

I think the reservation, rightly or wrongly, is due to his coaching experience.

He started out with us under Ratten, had 1 year at St kilda under Ross in 2011 which is the year he left, then has been at Collingwood ever since.

Now, Collingwood did have a good 2018 and 2019, but outside of those years, the teams that Harvey has been at haven't done particularly well...so is he any good and know what it takes to win a premiership? Maybe, maybe not.

Whether SOS would be a good Head of Football or not, it is not true that he is equally as inexperienced as Lloyd. He has way more experience, across roles/departments and clubs than Lloyd.

[

What we need, amongst other things, is to ensure TPP doesn’t get squandered by inexperience and lack of negotiating skill. We don’t need 2020-like player overpayment to become the norm; arguably none better at TPP management than SOS.

SOS for FM. :)

If you asses him on his proven coaching record and ability to extract the proverbial digit out of second and third string players, Ross Lyon is perfect for our list, now if you have complaints about his off field issues as coach of Freo, that's fair enough and valid too, but I personally think Lyon is more likely to ingraine short and long term success at our club than say Al Clarkson

Just as an outside observation of the two men, I honestly think Rosco is much more aware of the flaws of our playing list and culture, whereas i I am not convinced Clarkson is aware of the same issues within the group

Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted with Clarkson, but ultimately I feel Ross is better suited and more astute as to where our club and playing culture is at.

Stocker should be in that back pocket.

He's very good at the position so don't screw with something that actually works well for us.

Not sure if posted anywhere else.

Williams on the other hand will be much more hands-on, especially in midfield matters, a position in which he forged one of the finest careers in VFL/AFL history.

And that will include teaching players when to attack and where to run, areas they seemed uncertain in this season. Liam Stocker will be a key part of those plans given Williams is an unabashed fan.

Oh it must be frustrating for the media not having any definitive answers coming out of the club,just speculation.

Love it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sayers said something along the lines of "we'll fix up the leaks coming from the club", yeah?

I know I'm getting on and the memory isn't what it used to be but just what were the damaging leaks coming from Carlton before he got on board and leaked the review to the media?

I don't remember a lot but I do recall several in the last 3 months and most were in support of what looks to me like a personal objective to sack the coach.

Anyone help with a list of the kind of leaks we were letting out that are now stopped?

Glad we got to the bottom of 'SOS and Lyon: the beginning.'

Reading that was like unfolding a present very slowly with mild interest only to find out that what was inside was hugely underwhelming and rather boring.

Unless SOS is coming back to us (would be FAR from boring)... can we get back on topic to the off topic bluemour discussion, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back