Bluemour Melting Pot XXX - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides performance, what are people's gripes with Teague.

Honestly surprised with the vitriol he is getting.

He hasn't tanked us, but we haven't lived up to expectations.

To me this feels very Ratten esque

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Besides performance, what are people's gripes with Teague.

Honestly surprised with the vitriol he is getting.

He hasn't tanked us, but we haven't lived up to expectations.

To me this feels very Ratten esque

I think the indications of him wanting to burn the place down on the way out might have contributed.

That said, can't completely blame him.

Don Pyke: great record at Adelaide but concerns about preseason camp. Also impact his signing would have on indigenous boys.

Was Pyke just a victim of that camp though? Pretty sure Burton was the organiser.

Not questioning the ITK's but this is strange, could they all have been thrown off the scent on purpose? Is this a PR game from Clarkson as Teague is still officially the coach? We've gone from a complete cleanout essentially and Clarkson as all but confirmed, to no news from the Club and Clarkson holidaying in Melb next year...

I think the indications of him wanting to burn the place down on the way out might have contributed.

That said, can't completely blame him.
Because he said he didn't know Cripps was playing injured?

He is not actually responsible for Liam Pickering.

I feel like people are getting too deep into reading into things

The fervour of this thread yesterday was wild, nothing like a footy rumour thread when a few ITKs set off an episode of mass euphoria.

It's disorienting, it felt like the only place to be - we're writing the first draft of footy history here!!!

But not only was this one deflated in 2 minutes,
it was never reflected in media or even on Twitter.

We were all ITK for a few hours, not like those losers who get their news from Tom Browne.

Oops

Bit of a reflection of our season this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon needs to make a statement tonight. He needs to explain exactly what happened at Fremantle.
This issue is going to haunt him for the rest of his career.
Not going to help him with Carlton but he has no hope of getting a job otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teague throwing Cripps under the bus, Clarko wants to stay home in his onesie for a year and Lyon carrying on in the media while a coach is still contracted.

Save the drama for your Mama and sign Brad Scott.

The fervour of this thread yesterday was wild, nothing like a footy rumour thread when a few ITKs set off an episode of mass euphoria.

It's disorienting, it felt like the only place to be - we're writing the first draft of footy history here!!!

But not only was this one deflated in 2 minutes, it was never reflected in media or even on Twitter.

We were all ITK for a few hours, not like those losers who get their news from Tom Browne.

Oops

Yep just enjoy the ride, that’s what I’ve been doing.

How about this scenario..
Last week Pyke told that he is the preferred coach IF Clarko refuses position, Eddie is informed of this, retires; Levi and Murphy both told that Pyke is the next coach under that scenario, no new contracts effectively isolate any old mates from Eddie's previous time at the club. Eddie to be employed at Fox, not at Carlton. Cerra advised yesterday Clarko unlikely to be coach, and that Pyke is to be the man, not Ross, he immediately says chow to Freo and requests a trade to Carlton. No Ross, Carlton Still Respects; replacement coach has a win loss record without peer in the league, got his team to the GF in his second year, has unfinished business without the baggage of a Lyon....
Just saying.....
I wouldn't mind Pyke. Got Crows into GF with an ordinary list of players. Had them playing briliant hard fast running style football Unfortunately met stronger team on the gf day.

And once again - this is why sacking Teague prematurely would have been a terrible approach, and why approaching Clarko before "making a decision" on Teague was the right move.

Board may have to have another think about Lyon now. I'm not sure he's in it for the right reasons though, there's a bit too much "me me me" about his recent actions, and we need a coach to unite the club not one who will see it as a tool to be used for their own ends.

Still have the option now to pull Teague in and say "Hey mate, we know it's been a tough year. We had to do our due diligence on Clarko, it would have been irresponsible for us not to given the expectations we're placing on ourselves in regards to on-field performance. He's made it clear he's not interested, so our aim is now to scour the league for some experienced assistants who can bring new ideas and methods to our group. We're not going to preemptively extend your contract, but if we can implement most of the changes recommended by the review straight away, then we'll reassess early next year once we've got a clearer understanding of the trajectory of the side."

Teague can be a bit miffed by that if he wants, but what is boils down to is "The club would have preferred Clarko" which is an absolute no-brainer, and "I've now got a second chance I didn't expect to get".

Teague himself mostly agreed with this a couple of months ago in one of the Thurs/Fri pressers

(annoying he had to spend so much time this year answering these questions though)

Why would he take it next year if he doesn't want it this year. Don't we want a coach who wants to coach us. If Ckarko don't want to come this year then Carlton would be stupid if they are waiting until next year to make big decisions. Waste of a year when he says no to us again next year.

Maybe he genuinely wants a year off to refresh his mind?

We wouldn't be stupid if we can't find a suitable replacement, but get more support around Teague and give him every chance to prove himself.

Personally, I wouldn't want us to go this route, but not going to rule it out as a possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back