Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people on here are so gullible. You'd make great cult members.
I've been a member of a club for thirty something years that has been average to poor to shit house for the last 20 of them. I still give them money every year and believe they're going to get better....

You're surprised Carlton members are gullible and would make great cult members?

I doubt it. They would have put better people around him and likely sacked him a year from now, then got Clarko.

Unless there is something we are missing here - Clarkson has changed his mind for example - it looks like our strategy has come unstuck.
Yep. Just over pay next years soft cap and bring in good assistants and see how it goes for a year.

Too many people want the big boy coach to come and save us.

Lyon wouldn't make us automatically a premiership chance. Neither would Clarkson.

To be successful we need the coach and team to work together effectively and with a single purpose.

You can't just headhunt some guy with a good rep and expect it all to pan out, that's naive.

Premierships need everything to work well for a whole season.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You honestly don't know if the president gave him the job or not?

How about the fact we don't have a head coach?
No I don't that's why I am asking.

Did he give him the job and tell him that we would not consider anyone else.

Because as far as i can recall and I could be wrong but i remember Luke saying we would follow a process, even to find a new coach.
An experienced coach, not sure if he said head coach.

I don't care what the media was saying. They were the one saying Ross was favourite and most likely to get the job.
I can't remember the club saying that.

Something is a little fishy, the only reason why I think Lyon would pull out, is he thinks he won’t get it, which surprises me, as the only person more qualified is Clarkson.

The most logical reason is he was told he had the job if Clarkson didn’t take it, only for Sayers to backflip and create a new 1 1/2 month process + coaching panel.

If he was told from the start there was a process, why would he be throwing a hissing fit now?

Right so do we even have any options left?
From all reports Clarko is out, Ross is out, Buckley isn't keen and we painted ourselves into an "experienced coach" corner.
Brad Scott? Michael Voss?

5lm408.jpg

Right so do we even have any options left?
From all reports Clarko is out, Ross is out, Buckley isn't keen and we painted ourselves into an "experienced coach" corner.
Brad Scott? Michael Voss?

FWIW - I’d be more than happy with Brad Scott and have posted this previously.

He had the NM list seriously over achieving and they fell off a cliff when he left.

Does Luke Sayers know what he is doing? Seriously
He was head of an accountancy firm and now a consultant. Wants everything process, data and report driven. Leaders need to combine some of that with instinct and decision making. He has been the equivalent of head umpire who is now actually running a sports franchise. I hope he recalibrates and understands the difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I don't that's why I am asking.

Did he give him the job and tell him that we would not consider anyone else.

Because as far as i can recall and I could be wrong but i remember Luke saying we would follow a process, even to find a new coach.
An experienced coach, not sure if he said head coach.

I don't care what the media was saying. They were the one saying Ross was favourite and most likely to get the job.
I can't remember the club saying that.

You're arguing points by going off on a tangent...

Let's peel it back... we are talking about Ross withdrawing from the race

After showing interest and excitement - his words, how can anyone solidly conclude that he's not the right person? He suddenly lose interest and excitement? Or is our process poorly handled and drawn out is what put him off?

The most logical reason is he was told he had the job if Clarkson didn’t take it, only for Sayers to backflip and create a new 1 1/2 month process + coaching panel.

If he was told from the start there was a process, why would he be throwing a hissing fit now?
Because he was excluded from the process. Door was closed and then he claims he withdrew.

Why would a Lloyd or Liddle leak anything to the media at a time like this? A lot might not think they are great at their job, but they are not dumb.

They would be signing their death warrant.

Discovery questions are still a process, too. As Ross discussed last night, what are the mechanics of 'the process?'. I'm flabbergasted.

These are informal discussions you have with experience people, not a full blown process with 2nd, 3rd, 4th interviews like they are looking to take the next step. Lyon is a known quantity. If he ticks more boxes than other experienced coaches, make him an offer

Pretty sure we told Ross sorry no interview for you.............but not quite the way your meaning mate.

I doubt it, the board are currently ducks, swimming upstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back