Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaand that's two coaches scared off now by the 'process' and backroom board maneuvering clusterfu** of the past few weeks.

What a way to implode.

No except Clarko IMO has right to skip any assessment process/interview process to decide whether he’s the coach. Even then I would discuss with him whether he was on the same page in regards to our list/objectives, otherwise it would be Malthouse all over again.

Lyon/Buckley/Scott each have enough question marks about them that you have to go through a few steps of the formal process to decide whether they are the man for the job. Of course they would get fast tracked through to the last few steps but it would be irresponsible of the club not to do so.

So we legit initiated contact with the guy and are then asking him to go through rounds of interviews/assessments, yet he has already demonstrated the capacity to coach to multiple grand finals?

What the fu**?

Are we asking Brian Cook to go through an exhaustive process?
Yes Cook has been asked to fulfill a MasterChef pressure test.

It's interesting with Ross, he stated he told Collingwood he was not interested, and Collingwood saying they said no to him. Wonder if it was us that said no, and Ross is spinning it to suit his narrative
No they didn’t, Graham Wright said they reached out to Ross and reiterated what Ross had said about not being interested.
the situation is not the same.

I can’t believe people don’t want Chris Scott. Would be an amazing choice.

why would he come to us tho
Why would Chris Scott be an amazing choice, he inherited a good list. Got a premiership in his first year with a team that just needed a fresh start after Bomber was worn out.
He has a team where players will accept less for a lifestyle down the coast. Geelong get a home ground advantage with out the travel interstate teams have, which gives them easy wins to help them make finals.

Just opinion here.

Consistent with what the ITKs have been posting in the past week or so, the club has clearly cooled on their interest for RTB.

Now I believe that either Ross himself caught a hunch, or was told directly by Sayers this morning that he is no longer a favourite / in consideration for the job.

As a result, he has come out today and declared himself out of the running, so as to save face.

Very surprised Lyon has supposedly pulled out of the coaching race, it’s been quite clear that, he was very keen for the job, his actions the last few weeks have shown this, he was on TV just last night and he seems keen.

I don’t see why, the need to go through a process would put someone like Lyon off the senior gig, Lyon isn’t young and his opportunities to get another coaching job arent exactly high, you might get 1-2 vacancies a year, with most going for new blood.

Something is a little fishy, the only reason why I think Lyon would pull out, is he thinks he won’t get it, which surprises me, as the only person more qualified is Clarkson.

Yep, he'll be getting paid close to $1M in what both sides would hope would run for 5-10 years.

He's not going to pull out over having to wait 45 days or needing to put together a powerpoint.

If each of those is enough to turn him away, then he isn't our man...

Sadly, it sounding like Lethal Leigh might have been on the money.
Certainly has always been a head scratcher how outgoing president says the review is not about the coach, but another president of same club, seemed to have very different view given what happened.
When is the Vote of No Confidence in the board happening?

Not in the least worried about Ross, what I want to know is whether Brad Scott has any interest in the job? Has been my preference since before Teague was appointed.

Look everyone will have their own view on this, but I think if you’re approaching a coach to coerce them out of (effectively) retirement, you’re not asking them to do that by entering a potentially lengthy job interview process. You either want them to come out of retirement and be your coach or you’re don’t. Strange decision for me.

This! If you want the guy, just make the decision and just appoint him. Its not hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Embarrassing much ?

35 days to choose between one bloke who doesn't want it and anther bloke who does ...and they still can't get it done...

something really really fishy going on.
I suspect there is something we have not been told. Just doesnt make sense.

So, Clarko, Scott and Voss.

One is playing hard to get. Which mean his heart isn’t in it.

One we’ve burnt already when we overlooked him with the Teague train.

One has a nice job at the AFL, and while I’m sure he’d like to coach again, why bother when he can take over Hocking and become one of the most powerful people in AFL.

Oh, and there’s Buckley. I’m sure he’d rather player footsies with the media then go anywhere near us.

Anyone else? Maybe David Parkin. He’s already on the coaching panel.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This! If you want the guy, just make the decision and just appoint him. Its not hard.

He might be the best person for the job, but if he’s getting paid big money for hopefully the next 5 years AND he still has a bunch of question marks around him, you don’t just appoint him without doing the due diligence.

We’re in this mess because the approach you’ve outlined above is what we’ve done for the last 20 years and haven’t learned from our mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back