Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton Respects is the greatest initiative this club has done in my lifetime.

That being said, people need to stop thinking this is the only reason Lyon didn’t want to go through a process. There were serious red flags of a toxic club culture, falling out and alienation with the younger playing group and preferential treatment of certain players in the lead up to his dismissals.

Enough question marks for a request to enter an interviewing process.

The fact he immediately pulled out says an awful lot.

Reckon the womens team is better - actual tangible action rather than self serving symbolism.

Like it or not the theory and political discourse surrounding corporate wokeism is very concrete - its abundantly clear that many here have never questioned why McDonalds would suddenly start promoting anti-racism - is it because they are suddenly anti-racist ? Or is it much more nefarious ?

Concrete action that helps women is great - dubious corporate marketing campaigns are just that - people should be a little more worldly in their views and stop swallowing every bit of fluff corporate marketing throws at you as though its gospel - it absolutely is not.

Society and people change small amounts over long periods of time
What was acceptable in the past slowly becomes unacceptable
Lyons behaviour was unacceptable hid it in a NDA doesn’t seem to have owned it or publicly apologised points to a major weakness in his character
I have no problem having him front the board and have him own his actions to fit the Carlton objective of respecting women
If his ego and pride can’t can’t handle the scrutiny it’s his loss not ours
Respect women stoping family violence is in no way an impediment to us winning
I find it bizarre that people think because Carlton respect women it makes less it of a club

Respecting women shouldn't be a Carlton objective. It should be everyones objective to respect women (and everyone really) at all times.

I do find it amusing that certain people who vociferously champion this on here have absolutely zero respect and utter contempt for others that they interact with on here on a daily basis.

I'm not sure what Ross did, it doesn't seem that it was anything illegal otherwise the police would have been involved. Hard to say, but I guess the best way to educate people is explain why it was wrong and then move on. You can't hold it against him for the rest of his life.

It's a moot point anyway as he has pulled out of the race

Gee we are a mess if Sayers and Deisel are not on the same page one week into the job. Whether Ross was the right coach for us or not, we can’t be letting woke culture and AFL media propaganda stop us from hiring the right coach or influence our process (or lack of).

I’m all for Carlton respects but it would be great if our number 1 initiative and priority was to actually win games of football rather than being a model corporate citizen.

There's no actual evidence or indication that Lyon's alleged or past indiscretions have the slightest thing to do with his not wanting to proceed in the process is there?

I feel like as fans we're seeing this:

1630635325998.png

...and concluding "oh, well, it's OBVIOUSLY a centaur firing an arrow! It couldn't be anything else!"

Which naturally would indicate Liddle will be fired because Carlton Respects caused the presumptive coach to resign before being offered the job by an incompetent President outside of the stated hiring process for which there are no exceptions other than the stated exception of Alistair Clarkson.

D Teague has won as many AFL Flags as Lyon or Brad Scott or Voss or Ratten etc. etc...
And I don't want another dinosaur ,so what is the real key metric for a new hiring?

. . . is it that we should rule out a left field candidate like tennis player Alex De Minaur?

. . . am I reading too much into this? (as happens with lots of posts!)

😀

This.

Lyon massively rates himself. Sounds more of a dummy spit that anything else.

Time at Freo was a down hill run.

And now the contradictions start to kick in

I'm not sure what Ross did, it doesn't seem that it was anything illegal otherwise the police would have been involved.
This implies police can prosecute every claim. If the individual wasn't comfortable going through a full legal process, then they have the right to not pursue it. The rumours are that it was someone from a high profile family who may have preferred to keep it under wraps - no victim chooses to be in that position, and with a high profile perpetrator like Lyon....their testimony would be front page news.

Ross paid a high price both financially, and with the loss of job. This doesnt mean he hasnt changed his ways and developed, but its perfectly reasonable for the club to ask him to address his time at fremantle as part of a hiring process.

Not sure if this counts as a #blumour or not as it’s first hand info, but according to one of our players:

Lyon became disenchanted when he was told by Greg Williams on Tuesday that he needed to be involved in the process.

Hence Lyon calling Sayers the same day to clarify “the process” as he was under the impression that he had been head hunted by the President (who wanted to give him the job) and therefore didn’t need any form of process.

Im not sure if “the process” means he was up against other applicants or if it just meant he needed to present to the panel; but either way, Williams and Sayers aren’t on the same page (already!).
Think it would qualify as scurrilous rumour mongering mate.....I dont mean by you.....just generally by people having a lend for their own amusement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. . . is it that we should rule out a left field candidate like tennis player Alex De Minaur?

Hmm, maybe onto something for sure! :D

Coaching is a difficult, time consuming and stressful job.

My master plan should I become President of Carlton at the EGM

1. We sign both Brad Scott and Chris Scott as joint senior coach
2. give them 0.5 PTE contracts each, gives them plenty of time to golf and surf
3. give them the same haircuts so the players can't tell
4. Profit.

Clearly in this context it is people more interested in promoting their own social justice beliefs ahead of the functional needs and interests of the football club.
CB

It's a tricky one isn't it? It's an important cause, yet there are plenty of organisations like White Ribbon whose main focus is encouraging men and boys to respect women and teaching that violence against them is unacceptable. I guess Carlton's main role should be winning games of footy.

It's a very delicate balance. I like that we are a leader in this field but would also like us to focus on returning to being a successful club.

The board are going to run a thorough “process” to elect the next coach.

Is this the same board that dismiss a proper process and admit whoever they want to our board without consultation with us, the members?

As I live and breathe... Kane Cornes writing in our defence AND making some sense while he's at it.

And he sits in a studio with Ross Lyon on FC, so he hasn’t wimped out on speaking his mind. So brownie points for that.

😀

:pineapple:

Think it would qualify as scurrilous rumour mongering mate.....I dont mean by you.....just generally by people having a lend for their own amusement

Without giving too much away, the player works very closely w/ Diesel - so it may be a one sided opinion.

Carlton Respects is the greatest initiative this club has done in my lifetime.

That being said, people need to stop thinking this is the only reason Lyon didn’t want to go through a process. There were serious red flags of a toxic club culture, falling out and alienation with the younger playing group and preferential treatment of certain players in the lead up to his dismissals.

Enough question marks for a request to enter an interviewing process.

The fact he immediately pulled out says an awful lot.

Let's hope we get Clarko Forty. I'm sure there's the next google somewhere in the assistant coaching ranks but we are not in a position with our list to take that chance.

As I mentioned in a previous post, Sayers must have done his due diligence before approaching Lyon. He has Lloyd there for a start FFS. The other thing SOS is a long time friend, worked him as a coach at St kilda. Are we saying SOS lacks the ability to judge a character & coaching ability.

Preferential treatment!!!!!!!! Give us a break

Positive Friday vibes(that probably means nothing) - Clarkson into $3 fav to be next coach on Sportsbet

Weird, I went to look at the odds earlier today and the page wasn't there. Something leaked?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back