Bluemour Melting Pot XXXI - Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never needed Ross for rebuilding purposes...

This "he's fallen short" argument has gotten very old... if that's what you're basing your opinion on, will you support the next coach we bring in if he hasn't won a premiership?

Yes I will.

Ross has been coaching for 13 years.

How many great coached have coached for 13 years without winning a premiership?

If you're happy for an Almost coach to get the gig without going through the process who has done SFA in the last 5 years good for you.

I certainly don't.

And if he had the hunger to coach like he said he does he would do what it takes to get the job.
Especially if he believes he can win a premiership with our list. Not sook because he didn't get his way.

Last edited:
Agree with the first paragraph. Not sure the second is a fair characterisation of the review. Happy to be corrected. Is there not a cloud over Liddle and Lloyd following the review, and Sayers has said there would be further movement?

The review findings state there is about 20 recommendations, there was a brief outline of 5 findings, referred to the management as being capable and committed, I assume this to be Lloyd and Liddle, then praised the list management department.

Sayers said he couldn’t guarantee their positions and it’s clear we are interested in Cook, but for what role?

In my opinion, they removed the coaches because it’s easy to find better, the fact Lloyd and Liddle are still there, after the review and on the coaching selection panel, to me suggests Sayers and the review thinks they are doing a decent/good job, but it seems he would be happy to replace them, if someone like Cook was interested.

Ts easy to decide if you think the coach and assistants are crap, we watch the footy every week, but how do people have any idea if Liddle and Lloyd are any good?

I’ll tell you this straight up; when I was approached a year ago by a CEO to change employers and head up the relevant dept, they already knew who I was, my previous experience, skills and people who would act as referees.

The minute I heard “multi-stage interview process” I told them I wasn’t interested.

This is 100% completely normal in any occupation and don’t be surprised when no experienced coach wants to go through the same nonsense.

I'm in software and a bit the same when companies or govt departments want to go through a full-blown Request for Proposal (RFP) process - can eat up weeks and months sometimes only to miss out on the deal.

We often say go through your RFP process and if you don't find a suitable vendor come and talk to us !

Haha, the cross-coder. Societal progress = virtue signalling and hyperbole. You can get all sorts of illumination for even the darkest caves now.

Is it societal progress that mistakes like ones Ross made are now irredeemable? Seems like it's not societal progress it's more like the dissolution of society.

People make mistakes and then grow from them. If mistakes are all considered fatal then you end up segregating everyone.

For the record I'm not against Carlton respects. I don't think it's a valid reason to rule out Ross Lyon though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s only right and proper that a potential new coach, even an experienced coach like Ross or Clarko, has the professionalism and respect to at least sit down and have a discussion with the board to outline their approach to the task.

If Ross had a problem with that then that is a problem in itself.

Not sure why Lipinski would currently choose us over the Pies, until we have sorted the coach/football dept.

At least Collingwood have finally got their sh*t together and have shown their direction forward.

At a glance - our midfield is a mess and he could get an chance to stake a claim there, while Collingwood have a fairly stable midfield group but really lack talls. While he's unlikely to be offered a "guaranteed" starting spot at either club, if he's looking for opportunity we may be the better bet.

Why is everyone getting caught up on experience of the head coach? Again it’s a narrow minded view!
The President literally told us they are looking for an experienced coach. That is why.

Kane Cornes on SEN is backing our club on doing a correct process and Lyon didn't want to go through it and spat his dummy out and took his toys home.
Regardless of all the media hype I like that we are actually going through a process and I think it will pay dividends for us in the end.....

Sent from my moto g(6) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Problem with getting both Scott's is they inherently compete and try and outdo each other.
Even to the point of Brad trying to have a worse hair style than Chris currently is rocking..

5lpw5z.jpg

The allegations were just the cherry on top of a pile of questions/red flags surrounding Ross’ ability to be the coach that brings us out of the wilderness. Questions about his culture building, game plan, the lack of long term development at both of his clubs are sufficient on its own for Ross to have to prove himself to the committee, even before you consider the allegations.

Your opinion, like mine, isn’t representative of every single Carlton fan, so don’t parrot this narrative that Lyon is the best coach ever and the only reason you could believe otherwise is because of political correctness.

I don't give a FF about Lyon - matey mate. I just have a severe allergic reaction to bullying behaviours - as for your other accusations - whatever.

A bit of healthy debate is good amongst us all.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just expressing my opinions. We're all passionate supporters.

I just don't like our supporters bagging the club. I mean the media do it, other clubs and their supporters do it.
We hate it when they do it.

Sayer and the new board members have just started. They will make mistakes along the way, but it's not like
we can flick a switch and everything is perfect and we're on our way to a premiership.

Fingers crossed they get it right. Time will tell.

we all want the same thing, for the baggers to get back to being a contender and a powerhouse.

Haha, the cross-coder. Societal progress = virtue signalling and hyperbole. You can get all sorts of illumination for even the darkest caves now.
see there you go again - gross generalisations dressed up in cheap rouge virtue signals. Sell your snake oil somewhere else.

Is it societal progress that mistakes like ones Ross made are now irredeemable? Seems like it's not societal progress it's more like the dissolution of society.

People make mistakes and then grow from them. If mistakes are all considered fatal then you end up segregating everyone.

For the record I'm not against Carlton respects. I don't think it's a valid reason to rule out Ross Lyon though.
Agree. But those who kick and scream and blame much needed change for a football club taking it's eye off the prize - and those who support them - need to be questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back