Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep agreed, will want to reduce their salary cap which will effect the pick(s) offered to them.

We too will be under reviewfor some time, at least another 8 players which Voss and team will scrutinize and may not make it , due to serious injuries or poor form, we have Cuningham, Doc, Marchbank that probably won’t participate or very little in 2022.
There’ll be major list changes for a few years.

Aren't they really after picks though? IE they're more likely to pay the salaries to get the picks in.

Sure, but doubt they want a lump of money still on their cap for 1-2 years if they are rebuilding.

We should be 100% sounding out T.Mitchell and Wingard.

O'meara I have reservations, but if the price and % of salary is right, sure. With Cerra and Hewett inbound not sure he is a need however.

Would prefer we target a ruck.

Sure, but doubt they want a lump of money still on their cap for 1-2 years if they are rebuilding.
You have to hit the minimum salary cap and you won't pay kids big bucks so they'll have room to pay other clubs players

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

You have to hit the minimum salary cap and you won't pay kids big bucks so they'll have room to pay other clubs players

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Was more referring to what we did years ago. Front load everyone to build a warchest.

Serious question. Given our list and club situation as it is now, which player/s who are not known to be signed up and secure at their club would you like us to target?

I'm not talking: let's go get Wines or Petracca b/c they're the best.

But if you could give Austin and co. one name to pick up the phone about, who would it be?

Pavlich

I'd take Wingard for the right price. Play him forward. I'd rather him than Mitchell or JOM who will take the place of a younger mid

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agreed. I like Honey and Durdin in the pockets, but would absolutely go for Wingard at the right price.

Wait till trade period is closing and offer them a mid 20’s pick, see if they bite.

I'd say any trade involvement regarding O'Meara, Mitchell or Wingard needs to contain a first round pick, of which we only have next years and I don't think we are allowed to trade it unless we get special dispensation.

Hawthorn will be angling for a better pick than they may normally get for players of their age, in exchange for keeping a decent bit of their salaries on the Hawks books. Can't see how we get it done, if we are even interested at all.

I'd say any trade involvement regarding O'Meara, Mitchell or Wingard needs to contain a first round pick, of which we only have next years and I don't think we are allowed to trade it unless we get special dispensation.

Hawthorn will be angling for a better pick than they may normally get for players of their age, in exchange for keeping a decent bit of their salaries on the Hawks books. Can't see how we get it done, if we are even interested at all.

Incorrect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question. Given our list and club situation as it is now, which player/s who are not known to be signed up and secure at their club would you like us to target?

I'm not talking: let's go get Wines or Petracca b/c they're the best.

But if you could give Austin and co. one name to pick up the phone about, who would it be?
Matt Rowell in a heartbeat....OOC end of 2023.

Mad Carlton supporter and we don't currently have any players who pull their pants up high.

Lay of it mate, picking over a tweet to find a negative... petty behaviour. Asking Sayers to pull his head, like he would give a toss on your opinion, or anyway else with a similar agenda.

He is simply making a declaration that the pawns are in place and it is time to get to work.
you really need to be looking hard to find fault with his tweet

We're hamstrung by two rules:
- Can't trade out a future 1st when you've already traded out a future 2nd, 3rd, 4th (and we traded the F3 in the deal for Cerra without getting any future picks back)
- Need to use minimum 2 first round picks in a 4 year period. We've used 2 in 2019 so technically could use the future 1st in a trade BUT it will put us in a tricky position in 2022 as we will not be able to trade our current or future firsts without special dispensation for some time.

I do think an application to the AFL for dispensation given we used our first on a 21/22 year old would likely be justifiable.

Lot of people turning their nose up at a brownlow medallist former Swan who would be at his third club

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Is it the right move for a team that just finished 13th and has a new coach though? I can see what adding an elite midfielder to an already good midfield did for the Bulldogs this year but I’m not sure we can justify paying up for a 29 year old at the moment.

IF we HAD to choose one of the Hawks players above 26 it would have to be Mitchell. He is clearly in his own league in that team and no reason why he can't play at a high level for at least another 3 years. However I would only do it if you were able to create more cap space by offloading a current player on too much (compared to their output) and if Mitchell only cost a late 1st rounder at most (if we could move picks around to get that pick).

Based on all this, I can't see it happening with Mitchell, Omeara and Wingart.

We took 2x 1st round picks to the draft in 2019. We only need to use 2 in a rolling 4 year period. 2022 first round pick we can safely trade.

hawthorn's priority will be picks - as many as possible - salary wont be a major concern.

its funny they will be trying to do this in the most chaotic draft ever - with bugger all exposed junior form, when they were a great beneficiary of the Gold Coast / GWS draft era - having struck gold JUST beforehand with the rest of the league essentially locked out of the draft for the 3 years.

they could be truly terrible for the next two years - to quote a line from a journo mate "tanking by draft"

by the way - would take wingard or sicily IN A HEART BEAT

I would 100% hit up Rowell next year if he's not extended by mid-year. Problem is, if he comes out of the blocks flying as I expect - his price will rise astronomically.

2022 and 2023 firsts wouldn't even do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back