Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Might be highly rated, but he has played an average of just 6 games over his 8 years in the league, not to mention he hasn't played for the last 2 years. Sadly his body just isn't meant for the rigours of AFL.
Highly rated means just that. All the opinions to delist Marchbank have me stumped. He deserves a chance to come back next year and the club won’t delist him. We’ll be such a better team if he comes good but suspect he probably has a year to do it.

Also look at Melbourne

Max Gawn 2 x ACL’s
Lever 2 x ACLS’s
Petracca 1 x ACL.

Hmmmm imagine they got rid of the blokes that did two ACL’s.

Just saw this. Seems Hamill is a big fan of Dunstan. Wonder if he'll be putting in the good word with Austin and Vossy...
I really hope not Matty, with Cerra and Hewett coming in along with our younger mids that should be given a better opportunity, i think we need to look at other list needs we seem to be limited atm with, our overall team list needs a better balance by the list management team…

My bet is probably O’Brien, hope not should have been given more games during the year which has unfortunately not given him proper run of development on the wing….

I’ll be absolutely livid if that happens, there is no way in this universe Newnes should be on the list before O’Brien

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Young from the Bulldogs makes sense as a cheap pickup. He may not start as best 22 but he covers two positions where we need depth (Ruck and KPD). He has some senior experience, at 22 and at 202 cm he will be coming into his prime years. Austin would also have the inside word.

Played well against us tick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they weren't contracted it's doubtful Newnes and Setterfield would be in our list next year. Lucky them.
I’d rather tell the both to find another club and pay their wages to play elsewhere. They offer nothing above average to our list, in fact while they are on the list they are stopping others with more potential from being developed.

Apparently reached a 'games played' trigger

flipping disgusting if that’s the case. Take away crucial development to give games to someone that is going to do absolutely nothing for the future of the football club let alone infinitely more in any of those games compared to someone much younger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be absolutely livid if that happens, there is no way in this universe Newnes should be on the list before O’Brien

Our senior list spots are a bit limited from players OOC, bunch of our rookies OOC, not many senior list spots available without loosing some that unfortunately need to be moved on…

Marchbank is contracted and highly rated- he’s going nowhere.

I’d say it’s looking like Gibbons and Cottrell are definitely gone. Boyd and Parks could go either way. Would definitely be holding onto LOB and Ramsay though. We really lack that outside run, so it would be madness to let either of those two go.

Edit: If that’s true about Newnes triggering a contract extension, I have to say I’m disappointed by that if it squeezes out LOB or Ramsay. I get that role players like that were the key to Teague trying to save his job, but it’s time to get these kids in and see what they’ve got. We can’t keep drafting these kids, not playing them, and losing them for peanuts (or diabolically for nothing).

It could well be both. Senior-list spots are really tight. We still have 34 (including Newnes), plus at least 5 coming through trade and draft. We won't take more than 36 into 2022, so we still need to move at least 3... and we only have 4 uncontracted. Unfortunately, I think Gibbons is finished. The other two will have to come from SPS, LOB and Ramsay, unless we are able to find suitors for one or more of our contracted players, generous suitors who are prepared to give us draft picks.

I hope the Newnes trigger is fake news, but I can't see why Riley Beveridge would report it if it wasn't true. But I can understand why the Club would not, perhaps, be shouting the re-signing of Newnes from the rooftops.

Highly rated means just that. All the opinions to delist Marchbank have me stumped. He deserves a chance to come back next year and the club won’t delist him. We’ll be such a better team if he comes good but suspect he probably has a year to do it.

Also look at Melbourne

Max Gawn 2 x ACL’s
Lever 2 x ACLS’s
Petracca 1 x ACL.

Hmmmm imagine they got rid of the blokes that did two ACL’s.
Good for them but it's not about doing an ACL, it's about him only playing 15+ games once in his 8 years in the league. Averaged just 5 games across the other 7 years, 4 of those years where he played just a combined 7 games.

I'd love for him to stay on the list, but I think we just need to be realistic about his future in the AFL.

Maybe so, but I guarantee you he at the very least sees out his contract. I’d be absolutely amazed if he was paid out and delisted.
Wouldn't be surprised if we rookie him.

In what world is it appropriate for more of our fans to be more keen on Lewis Young than Adam Cerra?

Get excited about Cerra FFS - that surname is about as Lygon St as it gets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back