Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better for Sayers to pull his head in and get onfield results first....it is a year too early to be issuing self congratulatory tweets

Couldn’t agree more. The whole destination club thing is ****ing ridiculous.

He is a ******* show pony. The only Hawthorn player I would genuinely contemplate is Luke Hodge or maybe the red headed bloke who is trying to pretend he is blonde but has some absolute stupid in him.
Dermott Brereton?

So what is Wingard?

To be honest (and this is all new speculation) a player who plays every game, for a relatively weak side, earns 25 Brownlow votes in said weak side - is certainly worth getting in, at any age. Top sides, and any successful side for that, have more than 1 centre, 1 ruck rover, 1 rover in their team/squad. Depth/Competition also creates better performance. If Mitchell is available you go after him - hard. Mitchell is an accumulator and field general. He also has a strong professional relationship already with two on our squad. I would give up our first rounder post haste for Mitchell. There’s also rumour that he was a strong Clarkson advocate.

I personally think it may be Wingard as there was news of him causing issues amongst younger players with his direct leadership.
JOM - maybe, but don’t see it.
Gunston - 5 years ago maybe. BRI for mine.
Breust - slowing down so no.
Sicily - in your dreams. Next captain.
Day - Hawks future.
Impey - ???
I don't rate Wingard relative to his anticipated trade price. Hawthorn gave up 15, 35 & Burton to get him, and he hasn't delivered to that price. I think they would still want quite a lot for him.

I actually don't disagree that you dont just say no to a player like Mitchell - you obviously consider the ins and outs of a deal - I just don't think the Hawks are going to let these guys go for peanuts and expect the tigers will best any offer we put out for Mitchell or JOM. I also wouldn't rule out the Saints pushing hard for one of these two remembering that Ratten was with the Hawks prior to taking over the Saints.

The key balance here is selling the farm now for a crack at success vs playing a long game and waiting to see what happens over the next 12 months after such a massive shakeup of the off-field. If we get to the end of next season and we need an accumulator, then go get one.

I might be a bit late to this party but Wingard definitely played at Port when Voss was there which, I presume, was the intent of the original question and I guess was about a potential relationship between the two.

But, technically you're right as they didn't play together. Was a joke eh!
Thank you Blue Healer - somebody gets it. Now farc orf and stop chasing me around the bottom paddock. I’m not going in the damn truck.

I don't rate Wingard relative to his anticipated trade price. Hawthorn gave up 15, 35 & Burton to get him, and he hasn't delivered to that price. I think they would still want quite a lot for him.

I actually don't disagree that you dont just say no to a player like Mitchell - you obviously consider the ins and outs of a deal - I just don't think the Hawks are going to let these guys go for peanuts and expect the tigers will best any offer we put out for Mitchell or JOM. I also wouldn't rule out the Saints pushing hard for one of these two remembering that Ratten was with the Hawks prior to taking over the Saints.

The key balance here is selling the farm now for a crack at success vs playing a long game and waiting to see what happens over the next 12 months after such a massive shakeup of the off-field. If we get to the end of next season and we need an accumulator, then go get one.
Playing a long game can and potentially will waste the talents of what we currently have. Getting a heavy ball user like Mitchell (see Greg Williams also) adds the glue that allows certain mid rangers and younger players to excel.

I see your side mate - there’s pros and cons to both directions. Cheers.

I love Luke Sayers! :D

I cant tell if he is just passionate or he is trolling opposition supporters calling us a "destination club" in some of his tweets. That's sure to ruffle some feathers lol.

Not going to be popular here, given that many see Sayers as having mastered the walk on water trick, but I find this a tad cringeworthy and the second time I've seen this "destination club" intro.

Prefer to see him settle into this job rather than "troll opposition supporters" from the get go. I'm a passionate supporter but I would not be declaring this so early in the piece given our recent history. Regardless of destination club status we have a way to go before we prove worthy of that tag.

I've said before and will say it again we have handled this whole issue very badly in my opinion, I did not want Voss and I also believe that his appointment has zero to do with being a destination club, I reckon he was a fair way from the top of our hit list when we sacked Teague.

I am, however, very bullish about our future given our best trade period since Judd and we have, IMO, set things up to such an extent that Voss has far more chance of succeeding than Teague ever had with a board that has pinned their colours to him and a list improvement that is, on face value, exceptional. Anything other than well into finals will be disappointing to me.

I can happily do without tweets like this though, they just look a bit juvenile for mine.

O'Meara the only one you would want from any of the supposedly 'available' Hawks. Would compliment Cripps, Walsh, Cerra & Dow beautifully. All of a sudden we have an AFL Top 5 midfield.
If we could upgrade our #25 to somewhere around #17-#20 you would think it be close?

omeara is a better fit than Mitchell, imo.

But rising 28 with a history of knee injuries.

i Wouldn’t be upgrading shit just to ontrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you possibly say that when you don't know the price or the impact on our salary cap? The last thing we want to do is ruin this build by taking on a battered, ageing star on high wages. You only need to look at the pies last year to see how quickly things can combust.

Forget Mitchell or JOM and look for opportunities to either improve our draft hand or target a need and grab one of the bargains that always pop up - see Treloar, Stephenson, Hicky, Allir last year or Bruce, Keath and Langdon the year before. We are in a good spot that we have finalised our main trades and can be patient and sit and wait...

We need to back ourselves in to win flags not to play finals. Mitchell will round up one of the most formidable midfields in the competition to compliment our top end forward and back line. In four years Weitering + Harry will be 27 - we can back end Mitchells contract as McGov is on his last year and focus on draft after that. IMO. But if we are going to assemble the best midfield talent we can - it's now.

Not going to be popular here, given that many see Sayers as having mastered the walk on water trick, but I find this a tad cringeworthy and the second time I've seen this "destination club" intro.

Prefer to see him settle into this job rather than "troll opposition supporters" from the get go. I'm a passionate supporter but I would not be declaring this so early in the piece given our recent history. Regardless of destination club status we have a way to go before we prove worthy of that tag.

I've said before and will say it again we have handled this whole issue very badly in my opinion, I did not want Voss and I also believe that his appointment has zero to do with being a destination club, I reckon he was a fair way from the top of our hit list when we sacked Teague.

I am, however, very bullish about our future given our best trade period since Judd and we have, IMO, set things up to such an extent that Voss has far more chance of succeeding than Teague ever had with a board that has pinned their colours to him and a list improvement that is, on face value, exceptional. Anything other than well into finals will be disappointing to me.

I can happily do without tweets like this though, they just look a bit juvenile for mine.
The board and Luke copped a fair bit of flack from the media because they didn't do things in the time frame that the media wanted them to.

What do you know, they took their time and did the coaching panel properly and appear to have done an excellent job doing it.

Then, as a club, we have gone out and hit all of our recruiting targets. Tick.

I think I'd prefer a president with a bit of passion for his job and a bit of a "stuck it right up em" attitude as opposed to a mild mannered accountant approach.

Yes you can go over the top in your jingoism, but this doesn't.

Probably get a better bearing form the Bulldogs supporter base, but personally I rate him.
Is this the Sweet that Bevo considered not a good enough ruckman come finals time that he played Lewis Young (who we don't consider to be a ruckman) in front of him?

Would be behind Pitto and tdk. Hard pass.

View attachment 1255253

Please Carlton, no more private jets to Noosa. A coffee and genuine discussion with a key player or staff member is far more effective.
Look on the bright side, that private jet helped us to not secure Shiel.

Is this the Sweet that Bevo considered not a good enough ruckman come finals time that he played Lewis Young (who we don't consider to be a ruckman) in front of him?

Would be behind Pitto and tdk. Hard pass.
Your not suggesting Bevo does logical things are you?
For a packet of chips worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back