Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope the only reaction is on the field.

Nobody from the club should be fueling anything coming from the media.

It would be a reference to the ‘go home 5’ from Voss’ days as Brisbane coach.
Exactly right Jeremias.
My comment was made in speculation to the post about ‘a player that has been through this before’
Not a suggestion that we would be having our own group of go home 5.

Wow our club sounds as bad as it was when I first joined this forum. But we got through then, and we will get through now.

Club is bigger than the individual. I just hope the right calls are made whoever it is.

The one factor that I am hanging on to is that, unlike other times, I actually think our list is pretty good - or at the least the basis for a good list so I reckon it could turn around pretty quickly.

The players all look like hacks at the moment but I don't think they are all as bad as people making out on here.

Exactly right Jeremias.
My comment was made in speculation to the post about ‘a player that has been through this before’
Not a suggestion that we would be having our own group of go home 5.
Referring to Sam Docherty going through this in Voss time in Brisbane with players not very happy similar to now at Carlton

I agree MJ.

I don't really see it with Motlop. He isn't fast, his pressure is average and he doesn't really seem to have great agility. I don't see the x-factor in his physical make-up and coupled with being incredibly one footed it's quite hard for him to generate opportunities for himself.

I'm yet to be convinced he's a great talent like others seem to be assured he is.
I'm glad it's not just me. I'm not even sure I've seen glimpses of it. He feels miles off it currently.

Kennedy is one player I could very well imagine be put up on the trade table/request a trade tbh
I hope not, he has a redeeming quality not a lot of our players have - he can “football” - bloke is a natural footballer, IMO a key piece in a good side.

Motlop was pick 27, a talented youngster , has time on his side & shown a few flashy glimes lacks consistancy but its acceptable early on , reckon he'll be just fne.
He'd ideally be learning in the 2's but we're just not there as a club right now. It does mean though that we end up playing someone that's not really ready to be there.

If you believe Sam McClure (I am nor sure if I totally do, although he does have a fairly good track record with Intel about about our club) that seems likely.

I personally would prefer to back in Voss for at least another year and get rid the trouble making players (who reportedly) are unhappy with Voss and his game plan and clashing with the boys who are still backing the coach in.

It's arguable players have had too much power/influence over coaching decisions at this club for too long.

Mind you if we only win say 2 or 3 more games (or less) for the rest for the season, Voss's tenure does become untenable, but I woudl still also get rid of the players who reportedly are rebelling against Voss (according to Sam on FC last night)

Who is to say that wouldn't do that to the next coach either ?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

I personally would prefer to back in Voss for at least another year and get rid the trouble making players (who reportedly) are unhappy with Voss and his game plan and clashing with the boys who are still backing the coach in.

What is the use of a leadership group and empowering players if we then expect the players to keep their mouths shut and not engage with the coach when things aren't working?

We don't know what is going on inside the club but I hope Voss is engaging with the players and they are highlighting the issues with the game plan. I'm not suggesting tail wagging the dog but player input and feedback is critical and there should be plenty of direct, honest conversations happening at all levels.

On 2201116PG using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interestingly enough.

Yesterday I was told as many as 15 players would request trades, be traded on ect.

Now we can't lose them all but does speak to the disunity somewhat.

Some big offers on the table for some players hopefully they are still there come seasons end

Club need to make a stand...
Enough of the tail waging the dog, from this playing group...

If any player wants to leave and we get adequately compensated, then see you later...
These senior players and poor leadership is what's holding us back...

Interestingly enough.

Yesterday I was told as many as 15 players would request trades, be traded on ect.

Now we can't lose them all but does speak to the disunity somewhat.

Some big offers on the table for some players hopefully they are still there come seasons end

Ed, JSOS, LOB, Fisher, McGovern, Cottrell, Sam Durdin, Cunners, Marchbank, Martin, Fogarty, Honey, Owies, Philp, Plowman. That is your 15 players and they can all be moved on. It is actually scary how easy it was to name 15 players I would move on.

What a bunch of sooks our players are. They were developed in a ‘loser’ culture where ‘green shoots’ were more important than winning, and it shows. .
Always throwing the coach under the bus when the going gets tough.
They were loving and lauding him when we were winning though, weren’t they ?
They loved Bolton too, til we started losing and they got rid of him. Then they virtually demanded we buy into the whole ‘Teague Train’ bs, then he started losing and they turned on him too. Now here we are again, a lot of the same group who was loving Voss last year are turning on him.
If they want to leave, let them leave. Their ‘always the victim, never my fault’ attitude is symptomatic of the cancer that’s plagued this club for way too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one factor that I am hanging on to is that, unlike other times, I actually think our list is pretty good - or at the least the basis for a good list so I reckon it could turn around pretty quickly.

The players all look like hacks at the moment but I don't think they are all as bad as people making out on here.
Reckon the players don't realise just how good they could be individually or as a team. There's no belief.

What did he say ?
Factions at player and board level, pro and anti-Voss.

'Voss is coaching for his future.'

No shit dimwit...next you'll tell us the sun is expected to set tonight and then rise again tomorrow.

Usual media shit in these situations.

I said a few weeks ago they'd smell blood.

Campaigners.

Media smelling blood alright...Do a search "Carlton blues news" and see how many hits you get with tragic headlines....heaps
I imagine it will just ramp up with every loss we have.

What is the use of a leadership group and empowering players if we then expect the players to keep their mouths shut and not engage with the coach when things aren't working?

We don't know what is going on inside the club but I hope Voss is engaging with the players and they are highlighting the issues with the game plan. I'm not suggesting tail wagging the dog but player input and feedback is critical and there should be plenty of direct, honest conversations happening at all levels.

On 2201116PG using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well if it's reaching a point where some players are openly defying and arguing with other players, that really is becoming a massive problem that should concern the whole club, not just Voss and the coaching staff.

I feel like it's better for the club and its culture for the board to be firm and state categorically that Voss will be here next year no matter what (to the unhappy players) and have to swallow their pride and put aside their differences with the coach and other teammates.

But if the board panics and sacks Voss, they should also sack the disgruntled and unhappy players, the club and our culture need a fresh start and no more baggage or players who are causing disharmony in the locker room

How long did it take Richmond and hardwick to get a finals capable game plan in place? How many years until they made finals.

Remember that group that came out and wanted to sack Hardwick and overthrow the board. How did that work out for them?

None of us are privy to anything inside the club and to that end my question is, will the club hold it's nerve on Voss or do what it's become known for and react to what substantially amounts to public opinion.

Maybe the board is poking it's nose in maybe it isn't, we don't know.
Maybe certain players are unhappy maybe not. (would be genuinely surprised if every player was happy with their lot)
Maybe Voss sucks
Maybe the lower end of the list has been over rated by many.
And maybe (insert view here)

While it's natural to breath life into the narrative swirling around the club at the moment I'm hoping for some genuine solidarity for the rest of the season and lets see what they can achieve.

Other than the mandatory sugar hit I really don't believe flicking the coach now will bring longer term benefit to the club or players.

You can just tell that he is full of shit. 😂

How would he possibly there are Carlton players that don’t want to play with one another? Unless he is talking to family members or asking the players directly. And I almost fell off my chair that he apparently spoke to opposition clubs and they don’t think much of our game plan. We have heard as much from Sidebottom but “clubs”? Surely he isn’t going around to other clubs and asking them about our club? 😂

We are a mess right now but what McClure said actually sounds made up. “I am not telling you who.”. 😂

Ed, JSOS, LOB, Fisher, McGovern, Cottrell, Sam Durdin, Cunners, Marchbank, Martin, Fogarty, Honey, Owies, Philp, Plowman. That is your 15 players and they can all be moved on. It is actually scary how easy it was to name 15 players I would move on.
Even scarier is that you could keep going well into 20+ players and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

Even scarier is that you could keep going well into 20+ players and I wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

I hope this information is true because this list needs a deep clean out. None of this delist 5 VFL quality players and sign 1 players crap this year. Nick Austin should go ham and give us a new look team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back