Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTF does that happen? Coached himself by Walls, Northy and Matthews whom were very structured and savvy... then spent fricken 9 years under Hinkley who aint Mr Ad-hoc, pee with the wind himself. If any of this is true then Voss is way out of his depth and sadly no matter what assistants you bring in won't remediate the stituation.
Btisbane all over again. One of the knocks was he was a poor communicator back then. Left the players confused...

I'm confused by his press conferences...

Not surprised if this is the case.

As for Hinkley. Voss was never a strategist or tactician. He is a motivator.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Lol and what? Time to focus in house. Who gives a * what externals say.
Haven't we all been looking for leadership from somewhere, in house is not just the players mate, strange reply.

Haven't we all been looking for leadership from somewhere, in house is not just the players mate, strange reply.
I don't need leadership. Good leadership knows when it's time to focus on themselves not **** about in a pissing war with the journalism cycle. That's what's strange. Thinking the club should 'stand up to journalists'. Who cares.

Clubs leaders should be evaluating issues, developing plans to cut cancers out, and improve from there. Wasting time talking back to journalists..... 🥴🥴😂

This 100%. Double down on Voss, extend his contract another year and ditch the players not on board with coach. Whatever their names are. Period.
Extending Voss's contract would be as stupid as dismissing him mid season, he has the job now let's see if he can make some well needed adjustments from this weekend for the remainder of the season and throw out this rubbish game plan.

If you believe Sam McClure (I am nor sure if I totally do, although he does have a fairly good track record with Intel about about our club) that seems likely.

I personally would prefer to back in Voss for at least another year and get rid the trouble making players (who reportedly) are unhappy with Voss and his game plan and clashing with the boys who are still backing the coach in.

It's arguable players have had too much power/influence over coaching decisions at this club for too long.

Mind you if we only win say 2 or 3 more games (or less) for the rest for the season, Voss's tenure does become untenable, but I woudl still also get rid of the players who reportedly are rebelling against Voss (according to Sam on FC last night)

Who is to say that wouldn't do that to the next coach either ?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
Players are a huge part of the problem. As much as Voss lacking tatical nous.

Query is, if its Weitering refusing to play with Young as has been reported in podcasts and clearly what Maclure is alluding to...

Does Weitering go, given he is the one digging in?

I don't need leadership. Good leadership knows when it's time to focus on themselves not * about in a pissing war with the journalism cycle. That's what's strange. Thinking the club should 'stand up to journalists'. Who cares.

Clubs leaders should be evaluating issues, developing plans to cut cancers out, and improve from there. Wasting time talking back to journalists..... 🥴🥴😂
You got the wrong end of the stick, i want the club to be up front with us members, you could've found that out from me instead of grandstanding.

Interestingly enough.

Yesterday I was told as many as 15 players would request trades, be traded on ect.

Now we can't lose them all but does speak to the disunity somewhat.

Some big offers on the table for some players hopefully they are still there come seasons end
If thats true, he has replicated his time at Brisbane. 100%

Query is, if its Weitering refusing to play with Young as has been reported in podcasts and clearly what Maclure is alluding to...

what's the problem between Weitering and Young?

‘Player factions’ from who ? Guaranteed it’s from the disgruntled likes of Dow, Fisher, Carroll, LOB etc. See ya
Has to initially come from a player or someone close to the player… but I bet the person/s sharing this info to the likes of McClure would be some disgruntled types (outside the club) with an ax to grind.

what's the problem between Weitering and Young?
Same problem ( I guess) anyone would have with Young - totally unreliable in every facet of the game except the occasional mark because of height. I have never seen a more nervous and anxious player with ball ion hand - and we have all see a lot of poor players at Carlton love the years.

Not a chance, you can’t replace him. Young is highly replaceable- IMO we would be playing Durdin atm if he was fit

I am sure the List manager would want to move 15 players, so I am not sure these prospective trades are in the players' court.
We will lose a few stars but it is more likely that most of the projected 15 players will not find a home. There just is not the quality on the list to lose. Seriously let's say we lose De Konig, Mcgovern, Silvagni and on a bad day Weitering. Mckay's contract is too large to go. Curnow, Walsh, Cerra, Saad, Docherty don't give me leaving vibes. We are heading for bottom 4 anyway, I just don't see the severity of the downside. All you can pray for is a reset of the football department with the capacity to nurture the new talent.
Paraphrasing, HereComesJuddy reported in here that we are targeting multiple picks inside top 30.

Ideally want more first rounders.

To achieve this, we will need move players. Maybe stars as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly CLEARLY, the Young/ Weiterbot story was ****en crap. Made up by that spanker on a podcast.
His mail was proved wrong the NEXT ****EN GAME!

How long did it take Richmond and hardwick to get a finals capable game plan in place? How many years until they made finals.

Remember that group that came out and wanted to sack Hardwick and overthrow the board. How did that work out for them?
Not every coaching job has a silver lining.. so your saying lets give Voss another 4 years to see if he even comes close to the Hardwick narrative?

Well if it's reaching a point where some players are openly defying and arguing with other players, that really is becoming a massive problem that should concern the whole club, not just Voss and the coaching staff.

I feel like it's better for the club and its culture for the board to be firm and state categorically that Voss will be here next year no matter what (to the unhappy players) and have to swallow their pride and put aside their differences with the coach and other teammates.

But if the board panics and sacks Voss, they should also sack the disgruntled and unhappy players, the club and our culture need a fresh start and no more baggage or players who are causing disharmony in the locker room
an each way bet .. I like it

This 100%. Double down on Voss, extend his contract another year and ditch the players not on board with coach. Whatever their names are. Period.

As I've said before, this kind of bloody mindedness risks doubling down on the wrong coach. No way would any club increase a coaches contract halfway through when the team is going like a busted arse nor should they.

Not a chance, you can’t replace him. Young is highly replaceable- IMO we would be playing Durdin atm if he was fit
On face value I agree.
Plus I dont rate Young at all as a key defender. Maybe as a 3rd tall interceptor. Sure.

Cant quite believe after Jones went, we didnt invest in a key defender to develop at FB.

Discussion in this forum has turned to weeding out senior players who are creating issues. If reports, turn out correct...and weitering has decided to sook it up because he doesnt want to play with Young, and btw his form has been not great all year...

Is this acceptable from a senior leader in the team, that some even suggesting should be captain material?

Not very team first approach

Extending Voss's contract would be as stupid as dismissing him mid season, he has the job now let's see if he can make some well needed adjustments from this weekend for the remainder of the season and throw out this rubbish game plan.

I 100% disagree. I think the club should back Voss to the hilt. The club needs to make a stand and do something outside the norm of firing another coach. This makes a huge statement. Especially to the allegedly disgruntled amongst the playing group. :)

We should run a poll on who the factions are. Crazy it could be such a long list

Weitering vs Young. Seems odd. Both so passive and introverted that even if they weren't happy with each other they wouldn't express it to themselves in the mirror let alone leak it.

Carrol/younger types vs Cripps and Doc.
Dow, Walsh and Kennedy vs Cripps
JSOS vs Charlie/Harry
Martin/Williams/Gov vs the world
Kemp vs Weitering and/or Gov

Forgot the one I thought when I first heard it. JSOS and Pitto vs TDK

I 100% disagree. I think the club should back Voss to the hilt. The club needs to make a stand and do something outside the norm of firing another coach. This makes a huge statement. Especially to the allegedly disgruntled amongst the playing group. :)
We don't need to sack him. Just don't renew him beyond 2024 and let it all play out

Should just have every coach and player on 1 year contracts.

Peons like us will never know if it is the coach, the players, whatever else...but whatever is the cause there are plenty enough people involved in a club to have ideas and suggestions on continual improvement. If there are roadblocks to improvement, either work around them or remove them.

Interestingly enough.

Yesterday I was told as many as 15 players would request trades, be traded on ect.

Now we can't lose them all but does speak to the disunity somewhat.

Some big offers on the table for some players hopefully they are still there come seasons end
JSOS
Dow
Young
McGovern
Acres (probably the one saying it’s the worst coach he’s played for)
Kennedy
TDK
Honey
Carroll
O’Brien
Fogarty
Plowman
Martin
Philp

Probably about 14 players I can count could easily leave in 2024.

Paraphrasing, HereComesJuddy reported in here that we are targeting multiple picks inside top 30.

Ideally want more first rounders.

To achieve this, we will need move players. Maybe stars as well

Jack Silvagni
2. Paddy Dow
8. Lachie Fogarty ?
Mitch McGovern
12. Tom De Koning
17. Brodie Kemp
20. Lachie Plowman
22. Caleb Marchbank
24. Nic Newman
28. David Cuningham
34. Sam Philp
35. Ed Curnow (Rookie)
36. Josh Honey
38. Sam Durdin (MSD Rookie)
41. Domanic Akuei (2nd Year Cat B Rookie)

Aphrodite keeps this as current as information allows.

Quite a task to move on 15 players and find better replacements.

As the CEO and coach have stated - the list is far from complete - in Carlton's case I would venture to say nto only is it unbalanced across teh lines- it also lacks depth across the lines.

Of course all this is Vossy's fault - because red hair reasons.

* EDIT - posted at same time as Red_man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back