Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Lmao Frawley is a mediocre player that is now getting over paid thanks to the wonders of free agency. I bet my left nut that posters would have flipped their lids if we had got him instead of an actual gun next year. Not saying we will btw, but I sure as hell prefer locking Martin and Rance away over stretching the cap for a clogger.

Also, this "aggressive" line is just baffling to me. Our trades didn't eventuate because we didn't want to be bent over the table. The trengove trade, which was ballsy and aggressive, was 99% complete.

There is being aggressive, such as offering our first rounder for David Armitage, and there is being chumps blowing our wads early, such as buying that shittruck Waite.

I think of Adam Cooney, what a good player he is. How good was he when the doggies were good. I mean, brownlow. But how mediocre did he look in a crap team.

James Frawley, when melbourne were competetive and looking to be a real finals contender, ALL AUSTRALIAN (2010).

Even great players look mediocre in crap teams. Ablett jr being the only exception.

edit* watch essendon be even better with cooney, if not shoot me down later next year for the pre mature assumption.

Who would you have gone for out of interest?

This year was a difficult one, but we have been in the firing line for a big fish apparently for a few years. Who, heck knows really, but there's been enough out there to reel some quality in, high quality.

I think of Adam Cooney, what a good player he is. How good was he when the doggies were good. I mean, brownlow. But how mediocre did he look in a crap team.

James Frawley, when melbourne were competetive and looking to be a real finals contender, ALL AUSTRALIAN (2010).

Even great players look mediocre in crap teams. Ablett jr being the only exception.

edit* watch essendon be even better with cooney, if not shoot me down later next year for the pre mature assumption.
So you would have preferred that we go after Cooney when his knees are shot and pay him an obscene contract like Essendon are doing, essentially ruling us out of a play for a genuinely great player at the end of 2015?
Glad you aren't in charge

How many times does it have to be said that the club rated this years crop of draftees? Had it been last years draft then we probably would have looked to trade our picks away at the hope of drawing a player who could contribute immediately to the club but this years draft was considered strong and subsequently the club invested in the young talent on offer.

For all the doomsdayers complaining about our off season what you should really look at is how this off season could potentially define the future of the club cause I'm confident both Ellis and Mennadue will be stars and if two or three of the other draftees turn into stars then this off season will have been a very good one and not too dissimilar to the one Geelong had that set up their triumphs.

In reality if the team is picked on form alone with no reputations with strategic placement for development for junior players against the lesser teams then we'll come out the end of 2015 for a serious tilt at 2016. If they don't then we'll be treading water for a couplemof years yet.

In reality if the team is picked on form alone with no reputations with strategic placement for development for junior players against the lesser teams then we'll come out the end of 2015 for a serious tilt at 2016. If they don't then we'll be treading water for a couple of years yet.

That's one way of putting it. I had to read it 3 times to try and understand what you had written. I'm still unsure. Something about playing the kids against the shit teams and players picked on form only. I think.[/QUOTE]

Who though? What's the point in criticising the club for inactivity without offering some specific examples of what they 'should' have done?

There will not be worth getting anyone till 2017.

Be patient, we a building to a surge before our external boosts when we and they are ready. It is the Melbourne cup, not the Lightning stakes.

The number of crap FA targets and trades we have avoided is fantastic!

Last edited:
Depends on whos truth... Magics about lids doing a secret deal with tigers to go to gws and then return in 2 years is pipe smoking stuff thats not worth the paper its written on (pun intended).... if its legit im fine but it wont be....

I think most mature posters dont post to much negative stuff as it gets blown out and twisted, no nobody or organisation is perfect but seeking constant improvement, which in my opinion we are doing is fantastic...

Increased our development team, recruiting team, leadership chap from leading teams, great Admin people including Benny leading to very healthy profits and last year and this i think being voted number one club for communication etc....

All from a club on its knees 5 years ago.... And a decent list (very young also) to boot....

Yeah were not perfect but were doing allot right!!!

Cone on Lids was going to GWS all the way until he pulled out at the last minute because of a haircut appointment so a little birdie told me.

Seriously, I throw up suggestions. Whether players take them up with clubs is out of my control! Don't shoot the messenger!

Cone on Lids was going to GWS all the way until he pulled out at the last minute because of a haircut appointment so a little birdie told me.

Seriously, I throw up suggestions. Whether players take them up with clubs is out of my control! Don't shoot up the messenger!
your busted mr magic mushrooms ;)

It's not who we should have picked up, but who we should have traded we too soft on. Given the strength of this years draft, would have been a better to have another late first round / second round picks while giving away a fringe player (Vickery/ Griffiths).

It's not who we should have picked up, but who we should have traded we too soft on. Given the strength of this years draft, would have been a better to have another late first round / second round picks while giving away a fringe player (Vickery/ Griffiths).
Possibly, IMO I don't think the club (hell I dont) knows which one will come good in the next year or two, possibly both and the upside of both is huge should they come on..

Personally I'm glad both are still on our list and should one or both get their act together it will be beautiful times at tigerland...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on whos truth... Magics about lids doing a secret deal with tigers to go to gws and then return in 2 years is pipe smoking stuff thats not worth the paper its written on (pun intended).... if its legit im fine but it wont be....

I think most mature posters dont post to much negative stuff as it gets blown out and twisted, no nobody or organisation is perfect but seeking constant improvement, which in my opinion we are doing is fantastic...

Increased our development team, recruiting team, leadership chap from leading teams, great Admin people including Benny leading to very healthy profits and last year and this i think being voted number one club for communication etc....

All from a club on its knees 5 years ago.... And a decent list (very young also) to boot....

Yeah were not perfect but were doing allot right!!!

Couldn't agree more... BUT

It's very easy to be negative and some people just can't resist.

We were agrissive behind doors we played for armitage but didnt want to come had trengove untill injury had winderlich till hiporcrsy crept in had selwood until conca didnt want to go to eagles so we were more active then most

Possibly, IMO I don't think the club (hell I dont) knows which one will come good in the next year or two, possibly both and the upside of both is huge should they come on..

Personally I'm glad both are still on our list and should one or both get their act together it will be beautiful times at tigerland...
Would like them both to perform next season and prove me wrong.

Last edited:
We are too soft at the trade and free agency period to push that step, or few steps further to being a real finals contender.

more to come.....add your own if you can handle the truth!

I remember my first beer as well knackers.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

We are too soft at the trade and free agency period to push that step, or few steps further to being a real finals contender.

more to come.....add your own if you can handle the truth!
We are spending more these days on players that have been on the list for many years than ever before. Wouldn't it have been useful to spend that FTF for that big fish already rather than next year? I mean we got more contracts for current players to come that will be costing us more than ever before, and deservedly so. So really the cap space can't be all that much different, not more room if anything. MATE!

It was the word on the street that we were very keen(media)

Firstly nice troll.
Secondly, you are clueless. The "big fish" hasn't been bandied about since the Greg Miller days. It's called free agency, and it only works when you target the right players see: Maric, Houli, Grigg. And our use of the rookie list has also been fantastic. See Miles, Pettard, Thomas etc.
Thirdly, trading for the sake of trading is what set this club back. If you know what we have done in the past (which i'm not sure you do) you'd remember how well trading picks for Sanchez worked out for us.
Fourthly, we have just made consecutive finals for the first time since the 70's, so clearly the list is developing.
And lastly, it's not the truth your saying, all you are saying is it's your truth (spot the difference). Now go pack your lunch and school bag and consider yourself schooled.

Firstly nice troll.
Secondly, you are clueless. The "big fish" hasn't been bandied about since the Greg Miller days. It's called free agency, and it only works when you target the right players see: Maric, Houli, Grigg. And our use of the rookie list has also been fantastic. See Miles, Pettard, Thomas etc.
Thirdly, trading for the sake of trading is what set this club back. If you know what we have done in the past (which i'm not sure you do) you'd remember how well trading picks for Sanchez worked out for us.
Fourthly, we have just made consecutive finals for the first time since the 70's, so clearly the list is developing.
And lastly, it's not the truth your saying, all you are saying is it's your truth (spot the difference). Now go pack your lunch and school bag and consider yourself schooled.

You must type that righteous tapatalk stuff everytime, A couple of days ago I'm pretty sure I seen a post of yours missing it. not good enough, expected better.

Again, some specific examples maybe? You're assuming there were suitors willing to pay a reasonable price. What if we did shop Vickery but all we were offered was pick 50? Would you still have traded him to teach him a lesson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back