Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams like Hawthorn, Geelong, and Fremantle have mostly grown their stars from within, not traded in for them.

We should just stick with the draft, and develop our current crop. There's enough talent and potential on our list at the moment to improve without going hell for leather to get a "big fish"

With that said, I do believe we'll be right in the hunt for Dangerfield next season, especially if we have a strong 2015 (which I believe we will).

Teams like Hawthorn, Geelong, and Fremantle have mostly grown their stars from within, not traded in for them.

We should just stick with the draft, and develop our current crop. There's enough talent and potential on our list at the moment to improve without going hell for leather to get a "big fish"

With that said, I do believe we'll be right in the hunt for Dangerfield next season, especially if we have a strong 2015 (which I believe we will).

Yet hawthorn are the example of using free agency to win a premiership, lake 2013. Nearly worked for sydney with franklin, but it has brought them back into the grand final.

We are trying to get above being a side that makes finals but can't do anything once there, an A grade free agent player will get us over the pass mark for improvement.

I hope we are the big player throwing the house at dangerfield next year. Trend says we will comment on how he is a good player but never were in the running for him.

We didn't contend in them

I think you need to work on your comprehension.

What you really mean is 'premiership contender'. Of course we were a finals contender in that we got there the past two years.

Unfortunately your premise has been proven wrong. If going hard at the trade table wins premierships then we should have kicked arse when we traded for Kane Johnson and Nathan Brown. How did that work out for us again?

I think you need to work on your comprehension.

What you really mean is 'premiership contender'. Of course we were a finals contender in that we got there the past two years.

Unfortunately your premise has been proven wrong. If going hard at the trade table wins premierships then we should have kicked arse when we traded for Kane Johnson and Nathan Brown. How did that work out for us again?

Comprehend that we made finals, thats all. We certainly didn't contend. Think about it.

Comprehend that we made finals, thats all. We certainly didn't contend. Think about it.

Like I said mate, you have trouble with comprehending the English language.

Anyway, how did chasing Brown and Johnson work out?

Hawthorn have been very good at identifying talented players from other clubs early in their career. Then they poach them and a few come off. The Hawks have a treasure chest of VFL players and other clubs should be trying to grab a few of the ready to go players like Jed Anderson. He is going under the radar atm. He was injured all this year but would have been in the side before Will Langford. I would love to make a play for this bloke. If you've seen him play you know what I mean.

At the least this thread is amusing and at the most it may have brought some realities to the forefront.
Amusing yes, brought some realities to the forefront no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to get suspicious.

Is Bigfooty paying someone to be the "villain"?
It's like possums in the roof. As soon as one disappears another one jumps in to take his place.
May be that the "villains" just keep recycling themselves when their schtick gets old. Throw in a different sentence structure or obsession every year and hey presto! New outrage to feed your pimply 15 yo misguided ego on.

Holy shit, this thing still going?
Never go full Blunt Tiger people, never go full Blunt Tiger......

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Like I said mate, you have trouble with comprehending the English language.

Anyway, how did chasing Brown and Johnson work out?

No, you're still having trouble comprehending from the start. Just comprehend it already. It was so simple.

Let me just ask everyone these questions to really kick something off!

Where are we at?

Will we improve? Why will we improve?

Will we decline? Why will we decline?

Are we going to finish 8th again? Why will we finish 8th again?

Has our list improved from 2013? How has our list improved from 2013?

Which clubs will or have the potential to over take us? And why?

We are at the start of a peak period.

Half our players in our best 22 are under 25 which means there should be room for plenty of improvement within the group next year.

There is about a 90% chance we will improve and about a 70% chance we will improve our ladder position.

We will only decline through injury or a severe form slump. The only two players at the age of potential decline, Newman & Foley, will be lucky to hold their spots next year so do not really impact our overall performance as a club.

8th is better than 9th but hopefully we are closer to or in top 4 next year.

Our list has consolidated since 2013. We probably have 6-8 players outside of our best 22 who would push for selection each week. In 2013 we only had about 1-2 players in this position.

Collingwood could take over us but they won't under Buckley because he can't coach.

Adelaide are probably the closest but are mentally weak.

West Coast don't have the midfield.

Gold Coast could improve under a new coach but they rely too heavily on an aging superstar.

I'd be shocked if the bottom 6 move up much next year.

Fremantle, Essendon, North and Geelong are unlikely to improve any more than us. North could get lucky if their mature age recruits stay injury free.

Sydney, Hawthorn and Port are likely to hold strong, maybe too strong for us, but we could definitely push ourselves close to top 4. We probably won't know where we are at until we play Port in round 8, unless we lose more than 3 of our first 7.

We could win 16+ next year. BUT we could also drop back if we get unlucky.

The good thing is we won't slip into the 8 next year. Doubles with the big 4, North and Fremantle mean we will have to earn our place in September.

We are at the start of a peak period.

Half our players in our best 22 are under 25 which means there should be room for plenty of improvement within the group next year.

There is about a 90% chance we will improve and about a 70% chance we will improve our ladder position.

We will only decline through injury or a severe form slump. The only two players at the age of potential decline, Newman & Foley, will be lucky to hold their spots next year so do not really impact our overall performance as a club.

8th is better than 9th but hopefully we are closer to or in top 4 next year.

Our list has consolidated since 2013. We probably have 6-8 players outside of our best 22 who would push for selection each week. In 2013 we only had about 1-2 players in this position.

Collingwood could take over us but they won't under Buckley because he can't coach.

Adelaide are probably the closest but are mentally weak.

West Coast don't have the midfield.

Gold Coast could improve under a new coach but they rely too heavily on an aging superstar.

I'd be shocked if the bottom 6 move up much next year.

Fremantle, Essendon, North and Geelong are unlikely to improve any more than us. North could get lucky if their mature age recruits stay injury free.

Sydney, Hawthorn and Port are likely to hold strong, maybe too strong for us, but we could definitely push ourselves close to top 4. We probably won't know where we are at until we play Port in round 8, unless we lose more than 3 of our first 7.

We could win 16+ next year. BUT we could also drop back if we get unlucky.

The good thing is we won't slip into the 8 next year. Doubles with the big 4, North and Fremantle mean we will have to earn our place in September.

Great post

Will reply properly later today, time to snooze

Remove this Banner Ad

Blunt_Tiger's very blunt thread all things Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back