Roast Boak winning the toss and kicking into the wind

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought that was weird too but no impact whatsoever on the result.
We were playing catch up rather than the other way around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure what people are talking about. The flags were blowing across the ground and it didn't look like it favoured any particular end.
Pregame warm up they were slotting them from 50 post high without really kicking through the ball at the scoreboard end. It died off a little as the night went on but it was clearly the end to kick to.

The sun goes across the ground, a little to the flank but mainly across the ground, it was a strange decision.

The sun was clearly a hindrance in the 50m arc at the score board end in the first qtr but not for the rest of the game. I reckon at least one shot on goal missed because of the sun.

The wind at the point was across and not really the problem. Guess we were planning on a southern, god mode trend to continue.
And the sun

I love the shit posts that come out of the woodwork after losses.

It's disgusting. Some people get them selves so worked up and lose touch with reality, convinced we are untouchable, and then when we lose a game they blame the players, as if the players were of the same opinion they were.

Here's one from left field. I'm not sure if it's against this board's policy to actually praise the opposition, but I'm gonna take a risk anyway. The Eagles came to town with a plan, which they executed perfectly. And when the heat was really on, a few of our blokes were found wanting. You can't have twice as many clangers as the opposition, and expect to walk away with the 4 points. The Eagles were cleaner with the ball, and therefore deserved the win.

I don't like reading weak excuses for losses - we're better than that. There's still 16 games to go, and I'm backing our boys to bounce back from tonight's disappointment, and give the Lions the shellacking they so richly deserve!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Boak winning the toss and kicking into the wind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back