Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Buckley on SEN all but flat out said "no" when wheatley asked him the hypothetical "would you be interested". He said watching the last 24 hours as an outsider it seems there is too many things that need to be addressed in backroom (and pretty much indicated he didnt like the way they had treated truck either).

I wouldn't want Buckley anywhere near the place anyway haha

Buckley on SEN all but flat out said "no" when wheatley asked him the hypothetical "would you be interested". He said watching the last 24 hours as an outsider it seems there is too many things that need to be addressed in backroom (and pretty much indicated he didnt like the way they had treated truck either).
oh no

Neither but does make you wonder if other potential candidates would be forming similar opinions after watching the shitshow of the last 24 hours.
Its a concern for sure. If you're a new coach looking at it, as of right now, you can't really trust what you've seen from the club over the past couple of years. You'd take it for what we can offer compared to other jobs out there, but there's probably a need for a little PR to address everything.

Hodge said something interesting about Clarko. That it's important to have people around him who will push back against him as he'll try and influence every department of a club.
Something to think about in our last minute desperation as the Hawks actually went off the rails a little at the end of his tenure as Russel, Wright and Fagan all had left.

Hodge said something interesting about Clarko. That it's important to have people around him who will push back against him as he'll try and influence every department of a club.
Something to think about in our last minute desperation as the Hawks actually went off the rails a little at the end of his tenure as Russel, Wright and Fagan all had left.
Hmm. David Noble would be an interesting appointment...

Agree 100% on the external review. Pre-empting the outcome of that review with the assumption that it would recommend the removal of Rutten is a bit misguided IMO. At what point, in the last 20 years, has Essendon been a good defensive team? Is that the failure of Knights/Hird/Bomber/Woosha/Rutten (am I missing anyone)? Are they all terrible coaches that just had to be sacked? Or is there perhaps another answer that an external review may be able to put its finger on? I'm not pretending I know the answer, but given our 20 year history I don't think you can just keep blaming the head coach and sacking them.

I'm all for a massive shake-up at Essendon. But this is not the way you go about it. The design of this is simply to go all-in for Clarko. It's putting everything on red. If we don't get him its a disaster.

Ha, yep.

As if there’s any bloody “external review” going on.

This is Get Clarkson, end of story.

Are we back in messiah mode? Yes

Has that ever worked before? No

Will it work this time? Who knows

Will it address our problems? Who knows

This is just same old Essendon shit. Will it be the answer… could be, I guess. But six months ago we thought we had the answer too.

Still don't want Clarko.

I just can't stomach it. After spending my 20's hating the guts out of him and Hawthorn...do I have the neuroplasticity to get around him? I don't think I could see it as "our" success, it would be "his".

Feel like that girl who has to take Naploleon Dynamite to the prom...
I would not regard a premiership under Clarkson a premiership. He is not Essendon.

I would not regard a premiership under Clarkson a premiership. He is not Essendon.
As If Eye Roll GIF by Star Trek

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big difference is clarkson would have the authority/gravitas/ruthlessness to drop those players to the vfl (and then show them the door).
Worsfold couldn't due to saga-itis, Truck apparently didn't have buy-in.
If nothing else, if clarkson rids the joint of the soft underbelly (dare I say 'cruisy knackers...?'), it will be a success regardless of finals/flags etc
While I get your point, do we know Clarkson would be allowed by Xavier/board/coteries?

I’m not convinced Truck has been allowed to do what he wanted, and same with Worsfold.

He needed minders his whole time at Hawthorn. The bloke is an absolute ****wit, make no mistake. He’s an abusive prick.

He can also coach of course… but jeez we need to be careful.

Ha, yep.

As if there’s any bloody “external review” going on.

This is Get Clarkson, end of story.

Are we back in messiah mode? Yes

Has that ever worked before? No

Will it work this time? Who knows

Will it address our problems? Who knows

This is just same old Essendon s**t. Will it be the answer… could be, I guess. But six months ago we thought we had the answer too.
All true but when the best is available, you move heaven and earth to get that.

Six months is a long time in this brutal world. You cannot dish up the efforts we've shown this year and no heads to roll because of it.

We need a super strong character that can reset the joint. There's not many out there that can do it other than probably a Clarko, Lyon, Dimma and Dimma is a disciple of Clarko.

Woosha was a mistake and held us back 3 years. We should have gone with an untried coach and 5 year plan but we got a middle manager safe type coach who was treading water for those years.

Pre season is going to be one exciting ride.

He needed minders his whole time at Hawthorn. The bloke is an absolute *******, make no mistake. He’s an abusive prick.

He can also coach of course… but jeez we need to be careful.

I feel sorry for Truck, and I think if he had the right pieces around him it could've worked.

But maybe we need an absolute prick to shake things up. The players need a to be put in their place, to nut up or get out. No more playing for themselves or weak arsed efforts. If we end up with Clarkson I think we'll get that shake up, and the players will be wishing they'd bought into Truck's game plan instead of being little bitches.

If we miss Clarkson then this is an unmitigated disaster

I actually think it’ll be good because we’ll get what we deserve and the external review will no doubt find that we need to stop acting like children.

The unmitigated disaster will be if Rutten has the courage to just flat out walk away, which I wouldn’t at all blame him for given the state of the joint.

The ultimate irony is my biggest concern with Clarko is team defence has evolved a heck of a lot since he was last successful and he would probably need a really strong defensive coordinator to pair with him and there are 4 or 5 names that are front of mind including Leppa, Chaplin and Rutten.

He’s right ****ing there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back