Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Thought he was great - except when he listed excuses for this year then said we won’t make excuses. Loved when he said all players coming into the club must hate losing and be ultra competitive - non negotiable, hello will Phillips.

More McMahon than Tanner.

I might be reading into it but he did mention "this time around" when he referred to Dodoro's list management duties too...
Yeah noticed that, like he knows there has been too much of a disconnect between list management and coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He quoted Winston Churchill. :rolleyes: I stopped it right there.

I believe things when things actually happen. Until then its good oxygen converted into carbon dioxide.

Interesting comments at around the 7 minute mark. Interesting in that the subject was mentioned.

Yep. Something that we’d all felt may be occurring. Good to know it’s on their radar as well.

After all the news we are hearing about some disgruntled players, I really do believe they’re addressing the imbalance now.

Speaking about Daniher and Saad openly too. Very transparent.

Seems like Campbell will have a reduced role.

He quoted Winston Churchill. :rolleyes: I stopped it right there.

I believe things when things actually happen. Until then its good oxygen converted into carbon dioxide.
At least you know he wrote it himself.

Honestly though it's worth listening to. There's been rumours of him asking hard questions. It certainly seems like he has. He talks about the accountability, hierarchy and roles of the President, board members, CEO, GM Football, Senior Coach. He talks about Daniher and Saad. He talks about his relationship with the AFL, and that although he values that relationship, he will be putting the needs of the club first, advocating for the club. He promised to speak and to show leadership. He mentioned that he's stepped away from most of his other roles to focus on the role of president. He touches on the club being a bit passive after the saga. He talks about drafting and strategic recruitment, and getting that in sync with what the game plan and whatever is up to.

He acknowledges and appears to have already begun addressing a lot of issues that we've been talking about for years. No more sweeping the elephant under the carpet.

d9b2679e6826cced923b686b8e5722f2.jpg

I can see why Eddie spoke so glowingly of him.

Im going to be very interested looking back in 10 years time at this 15 year patch we have had as a club

I was whinging yesterday about Heppell’s message.

THAT’S how proper communication is done.
I did not even bother with Heppells message. Player messages are always light and fluffy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back