Bomber should be applaued

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not agree, because they way he left Geelong.

It appears he was not honest about his intension's; especially espousing the loyalty card all year to the players and then quits.

don't agree at all - Thompson lied and obviously played on the whole "i'm too tired" sympathy vote to get to his ideal place - he broke contract, then went to an opponent.

Pretty much did the coaching equal of a "Mal Michael"

For having the human decency and integrity to hear the call to arms and go back to his roots in recognition for who made him what he is. More than be said for former Tiger premiership players in Sheedy and Malthouse in their football journeys:thumbsu:
So in a few years time if Hird fails and the Bombers knock on Hardwicks door, you'll have no problem in him picking up and walking out despite being contracted.

Could have gone away with alot more class if he'd just said he wanted to go to the Bombers.

No real respect for people who lie like that and then turn up at another club. Stinks of Mal Michael. :thumbsu:

Not after how he got stuck into Ablett in the media about loyalty this year saying he will see out his contract with Geelong next year then walks away.
Hypocrite of the highest order.

Could have gone away with alot more class if he'd just said he wanted to go to the Bombers.

No real respect for people who lie like that and then turn up at another club. Stinks of Mal Michael. :thumbsu:

Common denominator........Bummers, but why is this on our board and not the main board....??????

Close it tuggs

Common denominator........Bummers, but why is this on our board and not the main board....??????

Close it tuggs
Only if you promise not to start another thread complaining about closing threads.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in a few years time if Hird fails and the Bombers knock on Hardwicks door, you'll have no problem in him picking up and walking out despite being contracted.

if we had won 2 flags in 3 years and looked to be set for a prolonged downward shift..ABSOLUTLEY...sheedy, and malthouse and ALL WON flags before the tigers came a knocking partner...Next.....

Close it tuggs

don't close it ffs, **** me if i'm mistaken but there were occasions in the wretched history of the RFC where decorated former sons of the club could have returned to their roots but NO, they never had the decency

don't close it ffs, **** me if i'm mistaken but there were occasions in the wretched history of the RFC where decorated former sons of the club could have returned to their roots but NO, they never had the decency
I'll leave it for now Bo, but the last thing this board needs is another Richmond-Essendon shitfight and if it degenerates into that, I'll close it.

if we had won 2 flags in 3 years and looked to be set for a prolonged downward shift..ABSOLUTLEY...sheedy, and malthouse and ALL WON flags before the tigers came a knocking partner...Next.....
If we had a coach, successful or not, who up and walked while still contracted to go back to their original club, like Bomber did I find it highly unlikely that any of us would be patting them on the back.

Now if said coach was honest and upfront with the club and said, 'Look I've had a good run, we've had some success but I think its time I moved on.' Then I could pat them on the back and say good luck with your new venture, but this whole Thompson thing stinks, especially when you throw in all the loyalty crap that he spewed while Gary was making up his mind.

For having the human decency and integrity to hear the call to arms and go back to his roots in recognition for who made him what he is. More than be said for former Tiger premiership players in Sheedy and Malthouse in their football journeys:thumbsu:

LMAO.

What a crock of self reflective garbage.

This rat bagged on Garry jnr most of the year for his supposed lack of honesty, yet miraculously he does the same thing, only more cowardly.

Not once did he come out and show respect to the gfc.
Quite the oppsite actually.
Speaking in past tense at a presentation nite doesn't equate to a resignation.
Lying and pretending to be burnt out and then turning up at windy hill in nov of the same year speaks volumes.
Bojangles-u have a lot to say about other posters.
Listen now.
I feel sorry for u if u think it's commendable to be a lagging, lying rat and clearly u do.
Next time u get on ur faux moral soapbox remember- ur pathetic.

What about former players returning in this era.
Grow up dooschebag.

Man this guy is over-rated, my dog could've coached Geelong to 2 premierships with their playing group, whenever Geelong's gameplan was challenged they had no answer to counter it. Unlucky to the Bombers I say, now they have atleast 2 incompetent coaches.

LMAO.

What a crock of self reflective garbage.

This rat bagged on Garry jnr most of the year for his supposed lack of honesty, yet miraculously he does the same thing, only more cowardly.

Not once did he come out and show respect to the gfc.
Quite the oppsite actually.
Speaking in past tense at a presentation nite doesn't equate to a resignment.
Lying and pretending to be burnt out and then turning up at windy hill in nov of the same year speaks volumes.
Bojangles-u have a lot to say about other posters.
Listen now.
I feel sorry for u if u think it's commendable to be a lagging, lying rat and clearly u do.
Next time u get on ur faux moral soapbox remember- ur pathetic.

What about former players returning in this era.
Grow up dooschebag.

listen ****head, I'll thank you to paraphrase precisely what i was applauding him for, that was returning to his roots unless I'm otherwise mistaken, but hey, feel free to make it up as you go to suit your own twisted agenda:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber should be applaued

Remove this Banner Ad

Back