AFL Toast Bombers by 35 against the Giants!

Remove this Banner Ad

I called it before Whoosha. It was the last role of the dice and an easy decision. Hardly genius.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
Baguley forward was done for three games back in 2016 as well, right before he got injured and disappeared for the rest of the year. He's getting older but he's been ridiculously underrated for a long time. Never a superstar but reliable, 110% every week, and always ready to crack in and put his body on the line.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-05-20/forward-planning

Baguley forward was done for three games back in 2016 as well, right before he got injured and disappeared for the rest of the year. He's getting older but he's been ridiculously underrated for a long time. Never a superstar but reliable, 110% every week, and always ready to crack in and put his body on the line.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-05-20/forward-planning

Bags was one of the leagues best lock-down small defenders for a couple of years - reliably did a great job, week in, week out. There is no doubt he had a pretty ordinary start to this year - beaten quite often in 1-on-1's.

It looks like he's already put that poor form behind him. He's also a big upgrade on Green - Green tends to be a selfish player, I don't see those traits in Bags.

Bags was one of the leagues best lock-down small defenders for a couple of years - reliably did a great job, week in, week out. There is no doubt he had a pretty ordinary start to this year - beaten quite often in 1-on-1's.

It looks like he's already put that poor form behind him. He's also a big upgrade on Green - Green tends to be a selfish player, I don't see those traits in Bags.
I'm not sure if it was his personal form, or if the team overall let him down and put him under an exorbitant amount of pressure. When the midfield does badly, the defence looks poor. Particularly the lockdown defenders, who are under constant assault when the ball keeps getting back there and past the rebounders... and I think in those weeks the other lockdown defenders were suspended/injured?

Super effort by the Dons. As coach Worsfold said post-game the team put in a 4 quarter effort. The three pick-ups all beginning with S = Saad, Stringer & Smith did a great job. Was a solid team effort. Enjoy the scenes on and off the field. Btw, Plenty of Essendon supporters in the crowd,especially loud during the last quarter when David Zaharakis kicked the goal on the run. Enjoy!

Nah. Hurley for Dea.
This.

Would be tempted to then drop Ambrose (very unlucky, but hooker down back makes him expendable for playing on opposition gorillas) for Francis. Hurley seems to play better when he is responsible for an opposition key forward first then rebound off them. Let Francis do the intercepting thing.

Hooker, Hurley, Ridley and Francis would be versatile in defence and lethal on the counter.

This.

Would be tempted to then drop Ambrose (very unlucky, but hooker down back makes him expendable for playing on opposition gorillas) for Francis. Hurley seems to play better when he is responsible for an opposition key forward first then rebound off them. Let Francis do the intercepting thing.

Hooker, Hurley, Ridley and Francis would be versatile in defence and lethal on the counter.
Using Hooker taking Gorilla's as a reason to drop Ambrose makes as much sense as using that to drop Guelfi. Ambrose has never taken "Gorilla's" as you put it, that has always been Hartley, Brown or Hooker's job.

Plus that four player combination would get burned on the lead time and again. Y'know, the type of forward Ambrose usually takes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast Bombers by 35 against the Giants!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back