Toast Bona-fide 'Toast': Steve Hocking & Stephen Wells. Pity about the mystery mid though ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

So far so good... but Im really hoping to add a kid like a Cripps that can come here and suddenly adds best 25 depth..... we need to be conscious that adding pnp mid 20 year old mids is fine for now , but we can not stop adding youth to our list or we will have a hole on our list again.

Agree a lot of talk circling Panos last year, to old for mine glad we didn't take him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geez! The bloke has been in the role for about two minutes. Goodness knows how much of the groundwork that's hitting the headlines now was done before his move from head of commercial development. A role he didn't actually excel in btw. Talk about a premature evaluation.
Key words in the title being 'potential' and 'future'

Key words in the title being 'potential' and 'future'
That was your header but it wasn't in keeping with the OP content. Which took no account of the work done prior to SH taking the role. In addition to which there was some implied criticism of his predecessor as is reflected in some of the posts in the thread. A person who has been lauded for his work in that role by people of such standing as Frank Costa and Brian Cook.

SH hasn't been in the role for a sufficient amount of time to make reasoned calls on how he'll stand-up comparatively. He was Balmy's lieutenant for quite some time so I guess he would have garnered a lot of know-how from someone Sando called the best in the business.;)

That was your header but it wasn't in keeping with the OP content. Which took no account of the work done prior to SH taking the role. In addition to which there was some implied criticism of his predecessor as is reflected in some of the posts in the thread. A person who has been lauded for his work in that role by people of such standing as Frank Costa and Brian Cook.

SH hasn't been in the role for a sufficient amount of time to make reasoned calls on how he'll stand-up comparatively. He was Balmy's lieutenant for quite some time so I guess he would have garnered a lot of know-how from someone Sando called the best in the business.;)
You're such a party-pooper! But I do agree with you for the most part.

Potential roast:
3 year contract for GHS - then club didn't want to play him this year when fit and able.
2 year contract for Mackie - a 31+ year old. Thought we just did one year contracts for 30+s like most other clubs.
Recruiting Clark.
Kicked out Johnno.
Doesn't buy a real ruckman this off-season.

Potential roast:
3 year contract for GHS - then club didn't want to play him this year when fit and able.
2 year contract for Mackie - a 31+ year old. Thought we just did one year contracts for 30+s like most other clubs.
Recruiting Clark.
Kicked out Johnno.
Doesn't buy a real ruckman this off-season.
I think you'll find Clark was recruited before SH took over the reins from Balmy- but don't let me ruin a good story, etc.... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought too much rasberry cordial was making some of the kiddies a tad hypo.:)

A counterpoint is occasionally called for perhaps.;)
Lime. My cordial of choice is lime...

Now what are we talking about ;)

Well Hocking sealed the deal with Motlop.....that is a damn fine start.

It remains to be seen whether "negotiating" a player into taking a short-term 2-year contract at (reportedly) way below market value is a good job, or just short-sightedly creating resentment and storing up future trouble, a la GAJ.
Not that any kudos or brickbats in this respect belong wholly or partly to "Hocking", any more than these or other list management or coaching merits/demerits belong wholly or partly to "Scott". They are all collaborative decisions and efforts.

Steve Hocking should be toasted he and Wells brought in 4 of the 5 targets.....shame about the mystery mid though
I sincerely hope you are taking the piss with the 4 out of 5 bit....

#bumped!

PFD
Zac Smith
Hendo
Scooter
2E.

Credit where its due.

Wells got all of these right. Very right.

Sure he has missed some as well no doubt - but the value net net in what went out for what has come in and what we are getting from what came in....

Well done sir!

Go Catters

#bumped!

PFD
Zac Smith
Hendo
Scooter
2E.

Credit where its due.

Wells got all of these right. Very right.

Sure he has missed some as well no doubt - but the value net net in what went out for what has come in and what we are getting from what came in....

Well done sir!

Go Catters

The mystery mid is no longer a mystery. GAJ wanted to be here this year. He'll arrive 12 months later than expected. Wells will have landed all the big ones on his list. Pretty impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back